Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Next gross human evolution

MR.Blueprint

"So if we used our hands more or the same back then, why would we evolve more fingers now?!

because u not grasping the concept of time and why we not evolving an extra finger now u ask? imma jus say speak for youself become some of us are...

my whole point exactly

we are in the infant stages of it...

You don't need an extra digit, how many times do you evne notices using them all?! lol

You mostly use 2 or 3.

No we are not. lol You are not providing any evidence to this whatsoever, it's just an idea oyu had that has no scientific backing or any logical reasoning.

Like the fact you mention 1 in 500... Where did you get this number form? Did you know more than 1 in 3 people have cancer int heir lifetime in some form... Now compare that to your number.... Does that mean we are all evolving to have cancer?

Also this Polydactyly affects toes as well... There is no way we would be evolving extra toes.... So that also blows your point out of the equation.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

No you have no idea what you are talking about. Familial polydactyl is a dominant trait. A punnett square on this mutation has a genotypic ratio of 2:2 and a phenotypic ration of 2:2. The two that display the mutation are capable of passing the mutation on, the two that do not are not capable of passing it on. In other words a family with the condition has 4 children, the ones that do not display the condition in their phenotype or appearance no long have the code for the condition and can therefore not pass it down.

so if 2 ppl with blue eyeshave offsprings. its impossible for one of their offspring to have brown eyes?

idk how does the genetics pattern with polydactyl worksso im not going to debate untill i reserch it more

but i know horegular genetics work

and i though polydactyl was heredictary

so if 2 ppl with blue eyeshave offsprings. its impossible for one of their offspring to have brown eyes?

idk how does the genetics pattern with polydactyl worksso im not going to debate untill i reserch it more

This is how:

"Polydactyly and syndactyly are due to errors in the process of fetal development."

From the link Awest provided.

When we evolve we keep the things that work and try to get rid of the things that don't. This is looked at as something unnecessary and a mistake, so definitely not anything to do with evolution.

• Like 1

You don't need an extra digit, how many times do you evne notices using them all?! lol

You mostly use 2 or 3.

No we are not. lol You are not providing any evidence to this whatsoever, it's just an idea oyu had that has no scientific backing or any logical reasoning.

Like the fact you mention 1 in 500... Where did you get this number form? Did you know more than 1 in 3 people have cancer int heir lifetime in some form... Now compare that to your number.... Does that mean we are all evolving to have cancer?

we use all our fingers all the time ur brain is so closed u dont realize it

u use all ur fingers when u srive yea or naw?

u use all ure fingers when you shoot a firearm yea or no?

sources

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polydactyly

Ulnar or postaxial polydactyly: The incidence in Caucasians is reported as 1 in 1,339 live births, compared with 1 in 143 live births in Africans and African Americans. Also, in patients with African ancestry ulnar polydactyly mostly occurs isolated, whereas the presentation in Caucasians is often associated with a syndrome

africans were the first homo sapiens and have the least amount of neanderthal dna maybe hats why its occurring in them more

No you have no idea what you are talking about. Familial polydactyl is a dominant trait. A punnett square on this mutation has a genotypic ratio of 2:2 and a phenotypic ration of 2:2. The two that display the mutation are capable of passing the mutation on, the two that do not are not capable of passing it on. In other words a family with the condition has 4 children, the ones that do not display the condition in their phenotype or appearance no long have the code for the condition and can therefore not pass it down.

source wiki:

In almost 14% of all patients, this type of polydactyly is hereditary. It usually passes on in an autosomal dominant manner with variable expression and incomplete penetrance. It is genetically heterogenic, meaning that mutations in different genes can be the cause

i dont know but it would be realy nice to have my toes that got removed back again and maybe wile i was at it get both knees replaces my lower back my right shoulder and wile on this body replacement idea hows about sum new skin and maybe some thing inplanted over the bones too like oh waht was that silver **** called "anteieum" that silver **** that wolveruren got injected with yeah i want some of that and lets see what else....

i was thinking bout it because a girl i know daughter was born with an extra finger.

and my siser and aunt had bone spurts in their hands

of course i intake cannabis aka bain cell keys that unlock my brain powers

and one day i was thinking our bodies are trying to grow an extra finger

than i thought why? and realize that we use the hell out our fingers

and than i seen a youtube video with this asain scientist who said he think we wont gross evolve any more

and i left a comment bout my extra finger theory and some one replied and said the name of the condition for an extra finger...i google it and learned that 1 in 500 african decendants are bon with this condition.

and that jus further poved my theory for me because 1 in 500 is a big number and

2. it makes totally sense africans would evolve fist because the have genetics and are the fist humans.

Well, thank you for your quick reply. Seems like you had quite the revelation during the "brain unlocking" session mentioned.

:D

Yes it is impossible for two people with blue eyes to have a baby with brown eyes. Unless, and this is a big if, there is a stable mutation that randomly occurs.And yes polydactyl can be genetic, it is called familial polydactyl and is a dominant trait. But brown eyes are also a dominant traid but a man with brown eyes can have a dominant brown eye and a recessive blue eye and if he has children with a mate with blues eye than they can have blue eyed children. But as stated above two people with two recessive genes coding for blue eyes can not randomly produce the dominant gene in their children. Even two brown eyed people can have a blue eyed child if they both possess a recessive gene for blue eyes. Although, eye color I belive is polygenetic, so I guess it is theoretically possible. Actually, apparently my info is old and outdated. "Although not common, two blue-eyed parents can produce children with brown eyes," says Richard A. Sturm, a Principal Research Fellow at the Institute for Molecular Bioscience at the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia. It is just rare.

Edited by awest

i dont know but it would be realy nice to have my toes that got removed back again and maybe wile i was at it get both knees replaces my lower back my right shoulder and wile on this body replacement idea hows about sum new skin and maybe some thing inplanted over the bones too like oh waht was that silver **** called "anteieum" that silver **** that wolveruren got injected with yeah i want some of that and lets see what else....

never said anything with replacement

im defiantly not talkin bout us closed minded 21 century primates

im talking bout future human beings

we use all our fingers all the time ur brain is so closed u dont realize it

u use all ur fingers when u srive yea or naw?

u use all ure fingers when you shoot a firearm yea or no?

sources

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Polydactyly

Ulnar or postaxial polydactyly: The incidence in Caucasians is reported as 1 in 1,339 live births, compared with 1 in 143 live births in Africans and African Americans. Also, in patients with African ancestry ulnar polydactyly mostly occurs isolated, whereas the presentation in Caucasians is often associated with a syndrome

africans were the first homo sapiens and have the least amount of neanderthal dna maybe hats why its occurring in them more

Driving and shooting... How many people shoot daily?! Driving could be done with a thumb and 2 fingers easily. lol

Me closed minded? lol I'll laugh at that for a while, a lot of people would say my mind is too open. There is open open minded and there is being silly.

Africans today come form the same line as everyone else. They would have the same Neanderthal in them. If we actually do have Neanderthal in us, not sure if we actually mixed. (Read conflicting scientific data etc)

All those numbers prove nothing, there are more common birth defects. It is not a sign of evolution at all.

Yes it is impossible for two people with blue eyes to have a baby with brown eyes. Unless, and this is a big if, there is a stable mutation that randomly occurs.

so if a brn eye person reproduces with a blue eye person and their offspring has blue eyes

u telling me if that offspring reproduces with a person with blue eyes their offspring cant have brown eyes

u know nothin bout heredictary genetics

do you?

The "one-in-500" model we have been discussing assumes the the extra finger is fully functioning. I understand this is extremely rare.

What is the usual treatment for vestigial digits? Any surgery carries a risk.

Resorting to wikipedia

Yep, They mention there are currently 97 syndromes associated with the condition. A syndrome usually amounts to a medical condition. Of the couple dozen they listed, all of them had harmful complications, some of them invariably fatal. Just because they've got extra digits then doesn't make it a good thing.

• Like 1

Driving and shooting... How many people shoot daily?! Driving could be done with a thumb and 2 fingers easily. lol

Me closed minded? lol I'll laugh at that for a while, a lot of people would say my mind is too open. There is open open minded and there is being silly.

Africans today come form the same line as everyone else. They would have the same Neanderthal in them. If we actually do have Neanderthal in us, not sure if we actually mixed. (Read conflicting scientific data etc)

All those numbers prove nothing, there are more common birth defects. It is not a sign of evolution at all.

africans today defaintly doesnt come from the same line as everybody else

yea ur mind is closed

everbody else comes from that african line

if u thin you and a pure african geneics are the same you need to do more research and open ur mind more.

im african american and im different from a pure african

and you are not reading into the numbers they even say that in african its not a syndrome

source

. Also, in patients with African ancestry ulnar polydactyly mostly occurs isolated, whereas the presentation in Caucasians is often associated with a syndrome

read it slow and think about what it mean

Yep, They mention there are currently 97 syndromes associated with the condition. A syndrome usually amounts to a medical condition. Of the couple dozen they listed, all of them had harmful complications, some of them invariably fatal. Just because they've got extra digits then doesn't make it a good thing.

. Also, in patients with African ancestry ulnar polydactyly mostly occurs isolated, whereas the presentation in Caucasians is often associated with a syndrome

an extra finger is a good thing for us

yall close minded ppl who nvr accept anythng new untill after the fact all u gotta do is look thu history to prove that

everybody thought the world was flat at one time and you couldnt tell them other wise...nop they jus wouldnt accept it

maybe non african also is a high percentage in not accepting the new as in african all they did was wonder bout the new and thats why u are here today

jus cuz u can do somthing with two fingers doesnt mean that u dont need more to do it

u defaintly have a closed mind jus look out ur logic and thinkin

I quoted him the number from wiki, to make exactly the opposite point he is.

• Like 1

africans today defaintly doesnt come from the same line as everybody else

Evidence?!

yea ur mind is closed

You know makes me laugh, when people call others closed minded in that way when someone disagrees with them. It's most hypocritical insult ever. So well done.

im african american and im different from a pure african

You are only different because you where born in the US... You're ancestors still come from Africa, the only people who originated in America where Native Americans. Everyone else is from Europe, Africa and other areas of the world.

Oh sorry missed your post, so you used it to make the point it's not common (which is true) then he turned it around... I think he is being very closed minded and only listening to his own opinion and ignoring other peoples and the facts.

Edited by Coffey

Who know, I will concede that it is indeed possible, but I highly doubt it will happen. I appologize that I was acting on outdate info as far as eye color, and perhaps even my info on polydactyl. Anyways in all seriousness I hope you have a nice day but I must be going.

• Like 1

There really isnt any survival of the fittest happening at this time, as many people live in societies that support everyone more or less. Even if people developed a 6th finger that really did give extra survival advantage, the chances of it having much real benefit in modern society to the point that 5 fingered individuals stop mating with each other as often, you would have to wait for this one mutation to circumvent the globe before it became common in all humans. The only way I can see that happening is if the entire human race was still in a stone age level of development where survival of the fittest is relevant. But even then, traits like blue eyes and different hair colours happened in the stone age and still only really spread throughout the respective continent the mutation occured in.

• Like 2

jus cuz u can do somthing with two fingers doesnt mean that u dont need more to do it

u defaintly have a closed mind jus look out ur logic and thinkin

We don't more to do anything. There is no possible reason we would need more fingers. I've never once heard of anyone ever say "oh I wish i had an extra finger". Set of hands I have though, that would be more logical but still I can't see that ever happening. lol

I'm very open minded actually, I am just logical as well.

What is the percentage of these 6th fingers that are actually functional? Because I've seen pictures of people with extra legs/arms/toes/fingers and many of those fingers are non-functional. In which case that finger is an IMPEDIMENT to the survival of that individual, and it is unattractive... leading to less sexual opportunities and therefore less offspring.

From what I've read the greater majority of such people are unable to use these fingers. And it has been calculated that 14% of individuals can pass this on genetically. So, rather then 1 in 500, we have something more like 15 in 10,000. Actual useful fingers are probably like 1 in 100 individuals... So... That means 15 in a million. (Or, about 20 of them in the USA) So given a 4 billion population worldwide, you need to get those 250 people together to start your Master Race of 6 fingered people, and just hope that the genetic variation is enough.

It could happen, but I doubt it. It would be much more likely that our fingers would get smaller, or faster, or otherwise more useful.

I also agree with whoever it was that said technology will make fingers less useful in the future.

It is actually impossible to see where humanity will be 1000 years from now, much less 500,000. :yes:

• Like 2

ook cancer yes most of us will die of cancer...

all cancer is is when one of your body part malfunction it happen in all machines

cancer is a natarul death

thats why you got to treat all your body parts good.

we are machines with parts yea body Parts

cancer is when one of the part start to malfunction

jus like with your car eventual you alternator is going to give out

your radiator might spring a leak

so its on us if all us die of cancer we just got totreat our bodies right to beat cancer

i think we will survived cancer and less people will have it bout time we get our six finge...haha

but im telling yall once we evolve the six finger that when our brain is going to another level

Edited by MR.Blueprint

There really isnt any survival of the fittest happening at this time, as many people live in societies that support everyone more or less. Even if people developed a 6th finger that really did give extra survival advantage, the chances of it having much real benefit in modern society to the point that 5 fingered individuals stop mating with each other as often, you would have to wait for this one mutation to circumvent the globe before it became common in all humans. The only way I can see that happening is if the entire human race was still in a stone age level of development where survival of the fittest is relevant. But even then, traits like blue eyes and different hair colours happened in the stone age and still only really spread throughout the respective continent the mutation occured in.

Just look at the greater and greater rates of people who need glasses. Defects that would have lead to people dying as children 100 years ago routinely get passed on now.

• Like 1

This idea is virtually impossible. Even for a group of people to say, all develop 6 fingers and then spread them to the rest of the world, that group would have to be in a level of isolation not likely possible in today's modern world. Every one of those say 1 in 500 Africans would have to only breed with each other for an extended period. Then that group would have to be seen as so much more attractive and adaptable to the rest of the world, that the 6 finger mutation would completely take over (like thats gonna happen with 7 billion people). This might be a little simplified but essentially thats what would have to happen for all humans to evolve 6 fingers. Evolution is not some magical process that suddenly effects a huge group of people, all mutations must still be passed on genetically.

an extra finger is a good thing for us

yall close minded ppl who nvr accept anythng new untill after the fact all u gotta do is look thu history to prove that

everybody thought the world was flat at one time and you couldnt tell them other wise...nop they jus wouldnt accept it

maybe non african also is a high percentage in not accepting the new as in african all they did was wonder bout the new and thats why u are here today

Ulnar polydactyly. There are three kinds. Numbers wise, figure the number of pathological examples of all three types versus and non-pathological and your 500 figure drops dramatically.

• Like 1