Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New pope's washing of women's feet is final

docyabut2

I'm not catholic but the man is a character. Keep it coming Francis and get rid of the traditional pomp, its outlived itself.

I dunno. I am not Catholic, but I always thought the pomp is what makes the Catholicism stand out. Get rid of that, and what is he left with.... another kind of dime-a-dozen roadside church?

I once talked my way into the Xmas mas at St. Peters, and I must say it was a dam good show.

• Like 1

I don't see a big deal in women's feet being washed... The fact that one was a muslim seems to be the only problem I would have with it. For one, since its supposed to commemorator washing the disciples feet, to include a non disciple, doesn't make sense and seems kind of insulting, considering she's a part of a religion that still kills Christian missionaries.... And number two, for the woman herself to take part in a Christian rite performed by the catholic pope is something she could be in big trouble with when it comes to her fellow muslims and family memebers...