Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Defiance

buckskin scout

I played for nearly 12 hours today. I'm loving it. There are some bugs here and there, but Trion has a good reputation for staying on top of things. My only complaint is how expensive the stuff in the cash shop is, but all those things are optional so it's not a huge deal. There's plenty to buy with in game cash also. Weapons, weapon mods, shields, vehicles, outfits, headgear, lockboxes with random uncommon and rare items. Lots to do.

• Like 1

http://www.defiance....s/video/2634770

There's a little preview of the show. The first 14 minutes. Looks decent. I'm definitely into the game so I'll give the show a solid chance.

I'm still playing the hell out of the game and still running into bugs but not enough to kill the fun for me. There are Main Story missions that have to do with the arrival of your character in the Bay area and how or she gets in with the local factions. There are Episode missions that have your character helping two of the characters from the show. Those will change over time along with the show. There are Side missons for each faction. Those are usually pretty short, but there are a lot of them. There are Time Trials using the four wheelers, and maybe other vehicles too but all I've seen are the four wheeler ones so far. There are Hot Shot and Rampage challenges. I'm not quite sure what the difference is between them. They both seem to give you a certain weapon and make you shoot as many enemies as possible in a certain time frame. Then there are the Ark Falls, major and minor events where players converge and shoot various enemies. Some of them end with huge bosses. Then you have the four player co-op instances, where you queue up and load into levels that have their own story going on. More of those unlock as you level up. There's so much co-op content that I haven't even tried competitive multiplayer yet. I've gotten many cool weapons, mostly unlocked or found, along with unlocking some outfits, headgear, and vehicles. The most expensive thing I've bought so far is a sweet little dark blue vehicle that looks like a dune buggy. Good fun.

Edited by MysticStrummer
  • Like 1

Defiance launch trailer...

• Like 1

Be interesting to see just how much influence they're going to let the game have on the show.

"Show how's the story on the server playing out?"

"All the good factions have been basically overrun by the villains. All our main characters should be dead now."

"...ok screw this link up idea."

:P

Be interesting to see just how much influence they're going to let the game have on the show.

"Show how's the story on the server playing out?"

"All the good factions have been basically overrun by the villains. All our main characters should be dead now."

"...ok screw this link up idea."

:P

Ha ha Yeah that's how it would be, except there's not really a chance to join a "villain" faction in the game, at least not yet. Every player is an ark hunter, basically out for themselves. From what I understand there are already places in the show where they'll be at least referencing what happens in the game. If you watch the 14 minute preview for the show, the two characters in the car were in the opening cutscene of the game. There were also Episode missions where you help them acquire a piece of alien technology. At the end of the last Episode mission they drive off, and in the show's preview they have the tech you helped them get. When the show starts up, those Episode missions will no longer be in the game but new ones will replace them periodically. I was only a little interested in the show before I played the game, but now I'm very interested.

Edited by MysticStrummer