Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can anyone show me....

danbell06

...SOLID proof of any cryptid, please?

And explain to me why you feel it is actual proof.

Astound me if you can.

Edited by danbell06

I can't, but I am sure there are several who can.

It doesn't fit my personal definition of cryptid.

What is your definition?

Do you seriously think that someone who had that kind of proof would be sitting around a web forum just waiting for someone to ask for it?

• Like 3

Solid/circumstantial.

Same thing for believers.

Cryptozoology is the study of creatures rumored to exist, solid proof of any creature would no longer define it as a rumor.

If there were any solid proof it would be no longer be a cryptid and therefore any posts would be be found in the Natural World section of UM..

What point are you actually trying to make..

• Like 3

I could only point to animals like the Giant Panda, Okapi, King Cheetah and others that were once only rumored to exist (or known only by locals) before being discovered and proven by scientists. That neither proves nor disproves the existence of cryptids, but it does go to show that we do not always know as much about the natural world as we might think. If we look we MAY find them, if we don't look then we might have to wait until they find us!

Cryptozoology is the study of creatures rumored to exist, solid proof of any creature would no longer define it as a rumor.

If there were any solid proof it would be no longer be a cryptid and therefore any posts would be be found in the Natural World section of UM..

What point are you actually trying to make..

I should have worded it better and not used the term cryptid.

I should have said, "What make believe creatures do people think exist and what so called proof can you put forth."

I apologize

Good Lord man? If I could show you solid proof of cryptids then they wouldn't be cryptids, now would they?

• Like 4

Do you seriously think that someone who had that kind of proof would be sitting around a web forum just waiting for someone to ask for it?

Tons of them....

BFRO

MABRC

Many more. And they all sell t-shirts and the like....

Some even let you out with them....For a fee.

• Like 1

Tons of them....

BFRO

MABRC

Many more. And they all sell t-shirts and the like....

Some even let you out with them....For a fee.

Notice I said "had" not "claimed to have"

Solid/circumstantial.

Same thing for believers.

To what end? To be mocked, laughed at, and ridiculed?

Any takers?? (crickets chirping)

Trust me, if I did have solid evidence then I'd be shouting it from the roof tops. As it is, all I can do is hope.

The Devil Bird

20071219063642.jpg?resize=400%2C300

Ziphius (Cuvier’s Beaked Whale)

cuvier3.jpg?resize=400%2C300

Bondegezou

dendmba1.jpg?resize=219%2C350

Kangaroo

kangaroo.jpg?resize=400%2C245

Platypus

oplatypus_zoom.jpg?resize=400%2C281

Oar Fish

oarfish.jpg?resize=400%2C225

Komodo Dragon

komodo_dragon_04tfk.jpg?resize=400%2C266

Mountain Gorilla

greatholidaygorilla.jpg?resize=400%2C300

Okapi

okapi-2.jpg?resize=400%2C300

Giant Squid

061222-giant-squid-1.jpg?resize=400%2C305

• Like 2

Trust me, if I did have solid evidence then I'd be shouting it from the roof tops. As it is, all I can do is hope.

keninsc, there was a man on here I think it was last year but time flies so I'm not sure. His name was Soloman and he stated that a certain type of crypto saved him.

It's not the first time I've heard stories like this and was wondering if such a thing were to happen to you all hypothetical that a creature thought to be a myth existed showed higher then human intelligent and saved your life and possibly a whole party of people who could verify the story and all the creature wanted was peace and privacy would you really want to shout about it from the roof tops?

Umm, how is the colossal squid a cryptid? It lives in the Souther Ocean, so it features in exactly zero legends, and no-one even imagined its existence before 1925.

It's just an example of a giant cephalopod of which there are/were legends.

No one ever believed they could grow as large as the one I posted.

Umm, how is the colossal squid a cryptid? It lives in the Souther Ocean, so it features in exactly zero legends, and no-one even imagined its existence before 1925.

Look in the previous page, theres loads of animals

It's just an example of a giant cephalopod of which there are/were legends.

No one ever believed they could grow as large as the one I posted.

What no-one? We have accurate descriptions of giant squids from the time of Pliny the Elder. While the colossal squid is bigger, it is not THAT larger than Architheuthis. I don't think many people denied the possibility that there can be a somewhat bulkier squid around. Also, just because an animal was unknown, it doesn't automatically make it a cryptid.

...SOLID proof of any cryptid, please?

And explain to me why you feel it is actual proof.

Astound me if you can.

Here *is* the solid proof that you ask for Sumatran Orang Pendek Hairs Match Rock Hyrax. Please just *read* the report and compare the photographs. There's no need to read beyond the opening post to get your answer.

P.S. Judging by the Nick Redfern look-alike photo I'm not holding out for much of an intelligent response.

What no-one? We have accurate descriptions of giant squids from the time of Pliny the Elder. While the colossal squid is bigger, it is not THAT larger than Architheuthis. I don't think many people denied the possibility that there can be a somewhat bulkier squid around. Also, just because an animal was unknown, it doesn't automatically make it a cryptid.

We also have accurate descriptions of Bigfoot. Does that make it a non-cryptid? My impression was that many thought that giant cephalopods only lived in the imagination of sailors.

And the reason I posted an image of the 'colossal squid' is only because of that image.

There are some animals based upon myths, for example the Hoan Kiem turtle, the Zanzibar leopard, the Honshu wolf... Not exactly proof of cryptozoology, but proof that some cryptids could be based upon real animals, discovered already or not.

Creatures like the Bili ape and the okapi show that witnesses may be telling the truth.

Animals such as the coelacanth prove that some animals may survive extinction.

And so on. But there is no proof of any "real" cryptid such as Bigfoot.

:tu:

For goodness sake, man. Get poor Patty a sports bra!

Here *is* the solid proof that you ask for Sumatran Orang Pendek Hairs Match Rock Hyrax. Please just *read* the report and compare the photographs. There's no need to read beyond the opening post to get your answer.

P.S. Judging by the Nick Redfern look-alike photo I'm not holding out for much of an intelligent response.

The orang pendek hair also closely resembles the hair of the Malaysian Siamang. Which just happens to be about the same size and color and follow the same habits as the supposed orang pendek.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siamang

You did not use the name Rewlahewl very long.....

Edited by DieChecker

I think there is lots of evidence out there. It is just that it is not Conclusive Evidence. It is basically supportive evidence, with nothing to support. :innocent:

If bigfoot was a recognized animal, then if someone said they saw one in Montana, or Vermont, people would be like, "Whoa, it is rare to see one of those around here.". And the sighting would have much less doubt, and be considered evidence of bigfoot activity in that area. But since bigfoot is not recognized, then if someone said they saw one in Vermont, people think that old fellow is completely Crackers and a Nutbar.

I do agree there have been many crypto creatures in the past that turned out to be real. But as time goes by and technology improves, it is looking less and less likely there are any more big ones out there.

• Like 1