Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why did ancient civilization build pyramids?

MR.Blueprint

The pyramids must have represented mountains, tombs to the sky.

Although the djew hieroglyph did portray the mountain ranges the Egyptians saw in their everyday lives, it also was a visualization of their cosmic beliefs. Symbolically, the "mountain" was an image of the universal mountain whose two peaks were imagined to hold up the sky. The eastern peak was called Bakhu, to the west was Manu. The ends of this great mountain were guarded by two lions who were called Aker. Aker was a protector of the sun as it rose and set each day.The Sphinx?

http://www.egyptianmyths.net/mountain.htm

• Like 1

The pyramids must have represented mountains, tombs to the sky.

Although the djew hieroglyph did portray the mountain ranges the Egyptians saw in their everyday lives, it also was a visualization of their cosmic beliefs. Symbolically, the "mountain" was an image of the universal mountain whose two peaks were imagined to hold up the sky. The eastern peak was called Bakhu, to the west was Manu. The ends of this great mountain were guarded by two lions who were called Aker. Aker was a protector of the sun as it rose and set each day.The Sphinx?

http://www.egyptianm...et/mountain.htm

Yes, the Great Pyramid was built to represent a mountain but as a marker at a particular location because this fits the landscape geometry of the very ancient world set out at least 3500 years BCE and probably much earlier.

David Wilcock devotes a chapter or two in his recent book The Source Field Investigations to the phenomenon of pyramids.

It turns out the Russians have been seriously investigating and documenting 'pyramid power' since about 1989. They have built numerous such structures out of modern material. It turns out that any metal used in the structure interferes with the power of the pyramid.

Apparently they are able to tap into energy sources still mostly unknown to humans.

SC: Then I suggest that in future you do not go around libelling yourself by casting false accusations at people. And perhaps also follow the sound advice given in your own signature.

SC

I stand by my point.

You had a theory. a good theory. You went about searching for evidences, data to substantiate your theory. You borrowed from proper archaeaological records. you borrowed from fringe records. Some parts of your theory, you presume that what you think is correct.

You haven't put your theories to peer review. Why not?

because those who would review your theories would find lots of holes in them.

When people point out legitimate points to you, you brush them aside with round about tactics, steering the debate elsewhere.

This is not the only place where i am reading all stuff you post. i am an old member in ATS and i read your sub forum. and i dont buy what you post.

But i am a layman only with lots of interest in ancient civilizations and history. I am not adept in Egyptology like Kmt sesh. so, that why i keep quiet, educating myself. and i would rather educate myself reading and listening to academia rather than some fancy rainbow chasing fringie.

regarding my signature, i assume that i am speaking with one idiot, not many. so there's no need to keep quiet.

Spartan: I stand by my point.

You had a theory. a good theory. You went about searching for evidences, data to substantiate your theory. You borrowed from proper archaeaological records. you borrowed from fringe records.

SC: The POINT here, lest you have already forgotten, is that you accuse me of modifying evidence to suit facts. What evidence have I modified? Let’s see it? If you cannot back up your allegation then retract it and apologise.

[snip] Irrelevant.

Spartan: regarding my signature, i assume that i am speaking with one idiot, not many. so there's no need to keep quiet.

SC: And you forget that, the moment you click that 'post' button, you are publishing your libelous statements to the world. Only an idiot makes public accusations they cannot back up. So, unless you can back up your allegation, I strongly suggest that it might suit your interests better to wisely give your mouth the benefit of the doubt and keep it tightly shut.

SC

Edited by Scott Creighton

SC: Then I suggest that in future you do not go around libelling yourself by casting false accusations at people. And perhaps also follow the sound advice given in your own signature.

SC

A good example of why this poster remains on my ignore list.

The Spartan libeled no one.

The Spartan cast no accusations whatsoever, much less false ones.

Yet this man with a child's brain (Creighton) decides to have a temper tantrum anyway.

Harte

1.Quarries of Balatai Plate 66-68

37.JPG

2.The statue is hauled out of the quarry plate 63-64

38.JPG

3. Further Transport plate 54-56

41.JPG

Aint those sleds? used to move large blocks and statues by the ancient egyptians? arent these images inscribed by the ancient egyptians themselves?

There are some remarkably big flaws in this. I hardly know where to start since

they are so enormous that they shouldn't need to be pointed out. One, and the

most fundamental, is that these quarries didn't exist at the time the pyramids were

built. The means to get a huge stone out of a hole thousands of years after pyramid

construction shouldn't be assumed to have anything to do with how pyramids were

built. Two, there is no roadway on the pyramid on which to drag the stones. Con

you imagine the embarrassment when the stones got there but there was no way to

drag them up? This is no minor problem and Egyptological imaginings of magical

escher-like ramps can't help because there is no evidence to support them and no

possible way to support ramps on a smooth sided pyramid. They mustta used some

other means. Three, moving a stone is not the same as lifting 2 1/2 million stones.

Wally Wallington might be all Egyptology's hero but until he's lifted a lot more stones

there's no reason to believe a pyramid can be built under rocking stones.

You are grasping to defend a debunked and ludicrous theory. This isn't twenty oughts

any longer. Your ship sailed and sank.

These Balatai plates show the transportation of mosul marble at Nineveh. Nothing to do with Egypt or any pyramids.

These Balatai plates show the transportation of mosul marble at Nineveh. Nothing to do with Egypt or any pyramids.

The equipment that was shown being used in the Balatyai plates were sleds.

and what would you call the equipment that is shown as being used in the below pics?

djehoutyhotep_21.jpg

or a drawing of the same pic above, for clarity

move1.gif

Arent they also "Sleds"???

I think before comparing satellites to ancient mysterious structures, we should know who was behind them and how they were built. I mean it would be unfair to compare human achievements with the works of, say, aliens.

The equipment that was shown being used in the Balatyai plates were sleds.

and what would you call the equipment that is shown as being used in the below pics?

djehoutyhotep_21.jpg

or a drawing of the same pic above, for clarity

move1.gif

Arent they also "Sleds"???

Well, yes they are clearly sleds, and I do get the point of your original post :)

However, you did credit the Balatai plates to Ancient Egyptians and not Assyrians. Therefore you seem to have altered the facts to fit your plan. We need lawyers? :D

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri

Sorry. All Lawyers are in Hell. I am acquitted!! :innocent:

• Like 1

I think before comparing satellites to ancient mysterious structures, we should know who was behind them and how they were built. I mean it would be unfair to compare human achievements with the works of, say, aliens.

are u lookin at the pics in this thread ...i see no aliens

Everything reguarding Egypt and the Pyramids there are all theories. Unfortunately, we don't have many artifacts nor tangible proof to explain any of it. As for the drawings of "sleds", that could be a drawing of anything and there is no clear indication of what these pictures are of specifically. Egyptians used a lot of drawings to illustrate many things. So, unless there is a clear-cut way to decipher these drawings and determine just what it was they were trying to convey it is merely more speculation. In the end we are stuck with more questions than answers and I hope one day this debate will be solved with empirical evidence to proof who built these pyramids, how they done it, and for what purpose. It is fun to discuss and speculate though and it's very telling of the opposing viewpoints on this subject.

sleds are useless in the sand .....

Everything reguarding Egypt and the Pyramids there are all theories. Unfortunately, we don't have many artifacts nor tangible proof to explain any of it. As for the drawings of "sleds", that could be a drawing of anything and there is no clear indication of what these pictures are of specifically. Egyptians used a lot of drawings to illustrate many things. So, unless there is a clear-cut way to decipher these drawings and determine just what it was they were trying to convey it is merely more speculation. In the end we are stuck with more questions than answers and I hope one day this debate will be solved with empirical evidence to proof who built these pyramids, how they done it, and for what purpose. It is fun to discuss and speculate though and it's very telling of the opposing viewpoints on this subject.

i can comprehend the picture

looks pretty to the point to me

i can comprehend the picture

looks pretty to the point to me

Of course it's to the point. At least close enough tothe point that we can say we probably

know how they moved giant statues many centuries after the pyramids were built on level

ground.

This tells us absolutely nothing at all about how or why great pyramids were built.

IMO, too much has been made of the fact that so many ancient cultures built pyramids, as they have been found all over the planet. Some have even suggested that there was some sharing of technologies and that, (laughable) extra terrestrials may have had a hand.

I don't believe so. I believe that all of these diverse cultures built pyramids because pyramids were buildable. They could be constructed without the use of cranes or scaffolding with the materials and technology available.

• Like 1

IMO, too much has been made of the fact that so many ancient cultures built pyramids, as they have been found all over the planet. Some have even suggested that there was some sharing of technologies and that, (laughable) extra terrestrials may have had a hand.

I don't believe so. I believe that all of these diverse cultures built pyramids because pyramids were buildable. They could be constructed without the use of cranes or scaffolding with the materials and technology available.

Until we actually know how they were built then your statements are nothing but assumption

and opinion. What is so unremarkable about the pyramidal shape that we should dismiss a

6 1/2 million ton pile as existing because it was "buildable"? Many shapes were probably "buil-

dable" but we mostly just have pyramids.

What is it about the shape that makes it the only thing that might be built? It could be far easier

to dam a river with 6 1/2 million tons and far more profitable.

Pyramids exist but that doesn't mean they are tombs, temples, or hard to build.

Of course it's to the point. At least close enough tothe point that we can say we probably

know how they moved giant statues many centuries after the pyramids were built on level

ground.

This tells us absolutely nothing at all about how or why great pyramids were built.

the same ppl who carryin the statues wouldve been the same ppl who built the pyramids

just a younger generation

get the picture now

every generation added on

until it was complete i jus wanted know how they felt wwhen they completed them

prolly empty because ....bad will wouldve been still occurring everyday life plus bad weather still wouldve been occurring too

thats why its three. they kept trying to impress the gods more and more because thats what they believe what was keeping them going

I guess the youngest generation uses cranes and don't even have a guess how

they were built or what they were for.

I guess the youngest generation uses cranes and don't even have a guess how

they were built or what they were for.

they wouldve known

you act like the reason why isnt passed down from generation to generation

they wouldve known

you act like the reason why isnt passed down from generation to generation

Both why and how haven't been passed down.