Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dragon Skeleton found in China Sea

Simbi Laveau

Basking sharks.

I thought the one pullet up on the fishing boat has far too much flesh on the fins to be a shark?

I thought the one pullet up on the fishing boat has far too much flesh on the fins to be a shark?

In the link provided, it said it was a basking shark and that often times, a decaying basking shark can take on the appearance of that monster.

• Like 1

In the link provided, it said it was a basking shark and that often times, a decaying basking shark can take on the appearance of that monster.

Ah OK I always thought it was a whale.

The Qindao skeleton was also not a basking shark. Naturally the skull is similiar in its overall appearance due to the fact that it was a shark - I repeat once again for those who are not able to read the postings others made before in this thread - A SHARK. However in detail the morphology of this skull is very different from the skull of a basking shark. Just for example the epiphyseal foramen is not housed in a turrent-like rising, the dorsolateral cartilages (especially the median) are completley different! Here's the skull of a basking shark: http://www.wdc-jp.bi...0/402/40212.pdf and - if available for you - I also explained some of the morphology in the first issue of the Journal of Cryptozoology (Hemmler, M. (2012). Hunda 'Scapasaurus' Photo (Re)Discovered, with Explanations of Descriptive Trends in Relation to Pseudoplesiosaurs. Journal of Cryptozoology, 1, 25–43).

Edited by Marozi
  • Like 2

It's a shark. Pictures prove it.

Oh yeah!!!

Found this....

chondro.gif

dragonskeleton.jpg

Looks very close in my opinion.

Anyway.... CLEARLY a shark.

• Like 1

Looking at what others have posted, I think it's a shark.

I'm wondering what a dragon skeleton would be doing in the ocean anyways. Was it flying then it fell? I don't think dragons live in the ocean.

This kind of reminds me of that one time those Japanese fishermen fished up a carcass that looked like a plesiosuar corpse before they threw it back into the ocean.

I'm wondering what a dragon skeleton would be doing in the ocean anyways. Was it flying then it fell? I don't think dragons live in the ocean.

This kind of reminds me of that one time those Japanese fishermen fished up a carcass that looked like a plesiosuar corpse before they threw it back into the ocean.

Besides the fact that dragons as described in the general myths don't actually exist..........?

Besides the fact that dragons as described in the general myths don't actually exist..........?

Just pointing out thing that show this is pretty much a hoax. If the conditions of this skeleton don't really match the beliefs and reports of supposed dragons, then it would be more likely to be a fake because it wouldn't make sense.

Just goes to show if you want to hoax, at least do it accurately.

If I remember right, the Chinese dragons were evem more likely to live in a lake, river or the ocean then they were to live in the sky or on the land. So finding a Chinese dragon in the ocean would not be surprising.

If I remember right, the Chinese dragons were evem more likely to live in a lake, river or the ocean then they were to live in the sky or on the land. So finding a Chinese dragon in the ocean would not be surprising.

Oh, really? I didn't know that. I retract my earlier statement, then.

I'm actually now wondering where are the wing and limb bones on this skeleton.

Oh, really? I didn't know that. I retract my earlier statement, then.

I'm actually now wondering where are the wing and limb bones on this skeleton.

Almost all oriental dragons flew, but had not wings. The winged fire breathing dragon is a European creature.

Chinese-dragon-red.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_dragon

Sharks only have two bones,jaw bones.The rest is cartilage.A shark could not and has never possessed a skull.Although the tail appears to have a shark shape to it.

I do agree that this is not a dragon.

Sharks only have two bones,jaw bones.The rest is cartilage.A shark could not and has never possessed a skull.Although the tail appears to have a shark shape to it.

I do agree that this is not a dragon.

No bony "skull". But the term is not limited to bony materials and so naturally also sharks have a skull. But when you prefer it lets call it the neurocranium of a shark.

• 2 months later...

i agree with KB304...i dont think its a dragon but it isnt a shark, sharks dont have a sleleton

Great white hyrax - has to be, surely ?

• Like 1

This is probably a shark missing the lower jaw and rest of it's lower skeleton. Though the body looks strange and is probably from a different animal (like a snake maybe) and was just added on to make it look like a 'dragon'.

• 4 weeks later...

This made me chuckle :P the point is we can't take away anything, only analyse it as it is. Wouldn't it be cool if it turned out dragons did exist after all? Not that they would have breathed fire but just that there would be some truth in the myth.

I agree there does appear to be holes for tusks or some kind of head gear.

Whether really possible or not is open to debate, but i watched a programme once with theories on this which consisted of mixing volatile chemicals (similar to the bombardier Beetle) in a (type of) armour plated mouth cavity that produced a burst of fire from the mouth. It could be used as a display or a warning, but not for projecting a flamethrower to attack or make BBQ lunch!

The world is simply too boring for dragons to have existed

That is one of the best sentences I've ever read! It would make a great quote!

Edited by TheSpoonyOne

http://www.sott.net/...-in-Chinese-Sea

OK,the skull def looks mammalian . Almost like a buffalo ,but the eye sockets are huge. Thoughts ?

Debunk ,its real ? Anyone ,as it is bothering me for some reason .

If that is a dragon those people are missing a TON of parts to it.... Kind of looks fake to me..

i agree with KB304...i dont think its a dragon but it isnt a shark, sharks dont have a sleleton

**Ssiiiigggghhhhh**

• 2 weeks later...

Probably a dinosaur. Dragons are spiritual beings, they have no physical skeleton