Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do movies influence UFO sightings ?

Thats too True seeder ! But Go See Oblivion !

with Tom Cruise? if so cheers for the heads up, never heard of it before but IMDb tells me its worth watching... and I do have my free sources so maybe later today I will sit thru it!

Yes, there's definitely a convergence; people are extremely susceptible to what they view. You can expect there to be an even larger surge of "sightings" with the release of "Sirius" tonight, which is a doc that's going to reveal an actual alien body with cross-referenced DNA testing. Yes, I support this movie and if their finding are legitimate, I will be very excited for how it will open people's minds, but I am not excited for all the crazy people that will be claiming sightings after seeing this. Here's a link if you want to pre-order the film.

http://www.yekra.com...=39589358mlet22

Seems like your only agenda here is to pimp out this film.

• Like 1

I wonder If Heaven is a crack pipe has it down right? Movies do influnce us Just Look at what We all talk about in here.

If its not a movie or a sighting,or B.B.Q were just a bunch of babble-fish !

Found this article on the faultiness of eyewitness testimony. Interesting.

Why Science Tells Us Not to Rely on Eyewitness Accounts - Scientific America

And there is the Griffith University Innocence project freeing people wrongly convicted by eyewitness accounts.

LINK

Eyewitness misidentification is the single greatest cause of wrongful convictions nationwide, playing a role in nearly 75% of convictions overturned through DNA testing.

While eyewitness testimony can be persuasive evidence before a judge or jury, 30 years of strong social science research has proven that eyewitness identification is often unreliable. Research shows that the human mind is not like a tape recorder; we neither record events exactly as we see them, nor recall them like a tape that has been rewound. Instead, witness memory is like any other evidence at a crime scene; it must be preserved carefully and retrieved methodically, or it can be contaminated.

I think UFO encounters encourage movies...

In some cases you would be right. Close Encounters of the Third Kind Portrayed the Portage County Incident, and even the esteemed J Allen Hynek made a cameo appearance. But largely, I would say it is the other way around.

with Tom Cruise? if so cheers for the heads up, never heard of it before but IMDb tells me its worth watching... and I do have my free sources so maybe later today I will sit thru it!

The Tom Cruise bit wrecks it somewhat.

• Like 1

Well his latest movie isnt that bad,I would even give it a 3.5 but He really needs to get off that Wacko-religion trip ! :tu::innocent::whistle:

In some cases you would be right. Close Encounters of the Third Kind Portrayed the Portage County Incident, and even the esteemed J Allen Hynek made a cameo appearance. But largely, I would say it is the other way around.

Have you ever seen "Fire in the Sky" or "The Fourth Kind"?

Not only are they based off UFO abductions, but they are also really good movies that any UFO enthusiast can enjoy...

Edited by Midyin

Sure, it's true, movies are influenced by events.

"The UFO Incident" was a movie based on the events described by Betty and Barney Hill.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0073834/

I saw this premiere on TV when I was a kid.

It warped my fragile little mind. :D

" Although the popular version of events is that Barney Hill's hypnosis description is the first appearance of a so-called gray alien in modern culture, that first appearance actually came twelve days earlier, on national television, in an episode of The Outer Limits called The Bellero Shield."

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4124

Brief scene from "The Bollero Shield":

The Iron Skeptic blog:

http://www.theironskeptic.com/articles/hill/chronology.htm

I remember when Close Encounters of the First Kind came out. The UFO craze was astounding. This just so coincides with the Roswell story being dug up. Nearly every 'real story' I have read on here was 'reborn' around this time. Odd that with all the modern technology we have at our disposal there is no real evidence available. (6 BILLION cell phone subscriptions, many with multi-mega pixel cameras for example).

Wasn't Close Encounters Of The Third Kind loosely based off of the whole Roswell Incident. I thought I read that somewhere, I could be mistaken though if so please let me know

Wasn't Close Encounters Of The Third Kind loosely based off of the whole Roswell Incident. I thought I read that somewhere, I could be mistaken though if so please let me know

It was ,I believe based upon the entire UFO story,Like the Lost Flight in the Triangle,and abductions,the union that people feel about E.T in general ! Just remember your Towel and peanuts !