Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama Signs Monsanto Protection Act Into Law

jugoso

President Obama signed what has been dubbed the "Monsanto Protection Act" on Tuesday, legislation critics say amounts to "corporate welfare" for biotechnology corporations like Monsanto, and puts farmers and the environment in jeopardy.

Summing up the provision in H.R. 933: Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, Eric Darier, a senior campaigner on sustainable agriculture at Greenpeace International explains that it

will effectively bar US federal courts from being able to halt the sale or planting of genetically engineered (GE) crops even if they failed to be approved by the government's own weak approval process and no matter what the health or environmental consequences might be

more about this here and possible consequences:

https://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/03/28-6

• Like 2

Everybody said he wouldn't sign it. lol

EDIT:

Someone just posted this on facebook:

5308_583081728378160_731104040_n.jpg

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 7

Obomba is the one who gave Monsanto omnipotent power in the first place. This was a no brained ,and no way would he prevent it or revoke it ,but you can BET his wife ans kids eat ONLY NON GMO .Someone should ask him if its ok for every whitehouse meal to be GMO laden to the hilt. If its so safe,he shouldn't mind his kids growing up on it .

• Like 2

Obomba is the one who gave Monsanto omnipotent power in the first place. This was a no brained ,and no way would he prevent it or revoke it ,but you can BET his wife ans kids eat ONLY NON GMO .Someone should ask him if its ok for every whitehouse meal to be GMO laden to the hilt. If its so safe,he shouldn't mind his kids growing up on it .

add seafood from the gulf of Mexico on every plate, because it so safe for the rest of us.
  • Like 2

Next step ... doing the same in Europe and Australia and China.

Might be harder in those places, as a number of states and nations have said "**** off" to Monsanto altogether.

Might be harder in those places, as a number of states and nations have said "**** off" to Monsanto altogether.

I usually buy Chinese or Japanese grown rice. I'm always in Asia markets,and I prefer the textures .

I just found out Monsanto gave China all gmo rice to grow,for a few years

So China is growing gmo rice as well . We have been lied to and duped six ways from Sunday on this,and its possible Gmos are already insinuated in every country you mentioned,we just don't know it yet.

Lets not be naive here, claims that Obama is exceptional here are misplaced. The Republicans under Bush were the administration which firmly cemented the "most favoured status" of Monsanto. You live under a fascist administration, in the Italian sense, and this is what happens. Government selects companies to protect and then protects and promotes them.

There is impeccable logic and continuity in how Monsanto have been treated and will continue to be treated until you do away with your fascistic mode of governance.

Its all just moving deck chairs on the Titanic.

Br Cornelius

And in the few European nations that did not activists are eager to run a caterpillar over a GM crop field. But that is how it always is: nobody cares: they get away with everything. If enough people would care what they eat, instead of about the price they pay for it, Montsanto would be bankrupt by now. Just blaming politics is pretty cheap.

And in the few European nations that did not activists are eager to run a caterpillar over a GM crop field. But that is how it always is: nobody cares: they get away with everything. If enough people would care what they eat, instead of about the price they pay for it, Montsanto would be bankrupt by now. Just blaming politics is pretty cheap.

How are we to know what is Monsanto or not with it not being labeled? Even a lot of farmer's markets and roadside stands buy produce to substantiate what they sell out of their own fields. During the winter months there is no local fresh produce to be found at all. We eat very little processed foods and are the victims of what is being sold in the local grocery stores. There are very few things that are even labeled organic, which I already know is a crock and a waste of money, but that is a whole other issue.

There is impeccable logic and continuity in how Monsanto have been treated and will continue to be treated until you do away with your fascistic mode of governance.

and why don't you tell us what exactly we need to do, to do away with our fascistic mode of governance.come on don't be shy, i hear s..t like this all the time, "you should do this, and that". come on ,show us the way.

and why don't you tell us what exactly we need to do, to do away with our fascistic mode of governance.come on don't be shy, i hear s..t like this all the time, "you should do this, and that". come on ,show us the way.

Its your country, I can't do squat to solve your problems.

Self serving corrupt systems always collapse under the weight of their own corruption - its just a matter of time. However i think the Chinese are withdrawing the credit line so the junky will be going cold turkey very soon so you won't have to wait to long to find out how an authoritarian government deals with collapse.

I just hope the **** don't fly to far :w00t:

Br Cornelius