Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Child-killer Mick Philpott received

Commander CMG

Jailed jobless father-of-17 Mick Philpott was 'earning' the equivalent of a £100,000 salary in benefits and wages from his wife and live-in lover, it emerged today.

The violent drug user forced wife Mairead and mistress Lisa Willis to pay all their money from cleaning jobs and child tax credits into his bank account while he lounged on the settee watching TV.

But even that wasn't enough for the former soldier, who hatched a plan to frame Miss Willis for the fire which killed six of this children in an appalling attempt to secure a larger council house.

arrow3.gifView: Read more:

Glad they got him. Sounds like the polygamists here, marry one and live off the welfare the others get.

I 've just been reading that he's been sentenced to a minimum of 15yrs, and yet his wife and their friend have each been sentenced to 17yrs ....... how was that worked out?!! They murdered six children ...... why aren't they all given 'life', meaning exactly that: life?

Then further down the page I read that three men who beat a convicted paedophile to death have each been given 20+ yrs.

• Like 2

I 've just been reading that he's been sentenced to a minimum of 15yrs, and yet his wife and their friend have each been sentenced to 17yrs ....... how was that worked out?!! They murdered six children ...... why aren't they all given 'life', meaning exactly that: life?

Then further down the page I read that three men who beat a convicted paedophile to death have each been given 20+ yrs.

For Mick Philpott himself, I think 15 years will be enough to make it life. He's 56, he's going to be pushing 70 in 15 years, if he hasn't been killed/abused into an early grave by that time.

Apparently the wife and the friend will only serve half of their 17 year sentences - that's ridiculous. SIX children died, and it was their fault, in the US they'd probably get 17 years for each child.

We must remember that ****s like him are the minority, and not allow the media and the government to cloud our view and demonise the poor. There was already an article on the BBC saying George Osborne has called for a debate about whether the state should 'subsidise' lifestyles like his. They will take away the benefits from good, hardworking families who need them, with the justification that they are trying to stop another tragedy like this happening.

• Like 2

That's how I was looking at it too: years sentence per child's life = 3yrs! As you say, it would be much harsher in the US.

Just shows how they didn't see the children as people, but only as 'units' that represented an amount of income.

This must be one of the worst examples of what male pride will do: kill 6 kids to 'get back at your mistress' ....... mindboggling!

As for George Osborne connecting all this to how benefits should be distributed ...... I couldn't bring myself to read that article.

The good old UK legal system at work. Justice well and truly served.

Philpot got life, which is 15 before even eligible for parole, not many lifers get out after the 15yrs and this guy will probably die in Jail or be released to an old folks home, the others got 17 and recommended to serve at least half but again that's a parole sentence so it really could be longer,

Apparently the aim wasn't to kill the kids, it was a horrible accident I'm not for one minute condoning what they did but how the hell does the fact they were claiming and receiving so much in benefits become the bigger story...amazing ?

• Like 1

Philpot got life, which is 15 before even eligible for parole, not many lifers get out after the 15yrs and this guy will probably die in Jail or be released to an old folks home, the others got 17 and recommended to serve at least half but again that's a parole sentence so it really could be longer,

Apparently the aim wasn't to kill the kids, it was a horrible accident I'm not for one minute condoning what they did but how the hell does the fact they were claiming and receiving so much in benefits become the bigger story...amazing ?

Because the government and the media are currently on a run of attempting to demonise the poor, so that we'll feel like they're actually doing us a favour when they take away more benefits and put more and more people into poverty, while they continue to allow the rich to get away with tax avoidance.

• Like 3

Because the government and the media are currently on a run of attempting to demonise the poor, so that we'll feel like they're actually doing us a favour when they take away more benefits and put more and more people into poverty, while they continue to allow the rich to get away with tax avoidance.

Exactly...its actually frightening and enlightening to see this in action, but know what's happening, how a population can demonise the most vulnerable to an extent where the rest of society builds a hatred for them...I guess this is how genocide happens

Exactly...its actually frightening and enlightening to see this in action, but know what's happening, how a population can demonise the most vulnerable to an extent where the rest of society builds a hatred for them...I guess this is how genocide happens

its disgusting that the goverment have blamed this on the fact these vile people were on benefits.

turn poor people against poorer people until they dont appear to be human then you can do what you want to them.its facism 1 o 1 and the british are falling for it.

motivate the rich by making them richer and the poor by making them poorer and here was me thinking we lived in a civilised nation ?

• Like 3

its disgusting that the goverment have blamed this on the fact these vile people were on benefits.

turn poor people against poorer people until they dont appear to be human then you can do what you want to them.its facism 1 o 1 and the british are falling for it.

motivate the rich by making them richer and the poor by making them poorer and here was me thinking we lived in a civilised nation ?

What they have done is effectively given people an outlet for their frustration, a target for all the hate, its a very clever diversion when the focus was primarily on the bonus culture the obscene amounts of money being squandered and the tax cuts for the rich, MP expenses claims, the banking frauds all of which is part and parcel of this elitist mentality, sure we have to sort out our debts, but just how are the countries debts the fault of the unemployed I will never know...I think I can say this with some certainty and I think this is something most people need to realise, even if everyone was working, the Gov and elite would still find a way to rob us blind.

• Like 1