Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

At 16, she's too young to vote

Commander CMG

She is not even old enough to vote, can’t drive and only left school last year.

But Paris Brown, who turns 17 today, is to be paid £15,000 a year to be the country’s first youth police and crime commissioner.

She has been appointed to the new post to represent young people’s views on policing in Kent.

As well as her salary, Paris will be given a desk, a telephone and official car – with her own emblem. She will work a 37-hour week.

arrow3.gifView: Read more

• Like 1

Maybe I'm wrong but sounds like the beginnings of Hitlers youth movement.

• Like 1

lolololol they have her so she can try and relate to the youth. Sorry folks but judgeing her by the article i feel like her and the youth are not going to relate to each other.

• Like 1

I am youth, she does not represent me. Partly because I don't live in Kent, but mostly because, well, what is the fecking point.

She says she's going to be out there, asking the kids hanging around on the streets what they want, because they only hang around on the street apparently because there's nothing for them to do.

Actually, plenty of them hang around on the street causing trouble out of badness. Even if there was lots of youthy motivational things going on in the community for them to do, it wouldn't be 'cool' and so they'd still hang around making a nuisance of themselves.

And even if they say they want a Wacky Warehouse built for them* or whatever she thinks is going to keep them off the streets, so what? In case Kent Police don't know, the economy has gone down the pan. There probably isn't going to be any money to actually implement these ideas, and even if there is due to the appointment of the 'youth police and crime commissioner' and the publicity associated with it, the money is probably going to be diverted from other, successful endeavors within the police force.

ALSO - why the hell does she get her own car if, as it states at the beginning of the article, SHE CAN'T DRIVE?! Are they going to pay for a chaffeur as well?

*that was sarcasm, mostly.

• Like 2

That me get this right she a first youth police and crime commissioner. No formal police training? Does she have arrest powers? This is what i call a major waste of money

• Like 1

Sounds like a minimal investment for trying to understand the problems a bit better. Maybe a waste, but when was government NOT?

Her 'place of abode' is quite appropriate. The Isle of Sheppy - aka Crimewatch-on-Sea!

It sounds to me like they're sending this girl out into dangerous streets without much to back her up. I can see her getting mugged, beaten or worse.

Maybe I'm cynical.

Misleading i think, her boss actually pays some of her wages to per her

Kent youth PCC Paris Brown apologises over 'inappropriate' tweets

A teenager who became Britain's first youth police and crime commissioner (PCC) has apologised for her "inappropriate" comments on Twitter

Paris boasted about her sex life, drug taking and drinking on her account @vilulabelle on the social networking website

Paris said she was "wildly exaggerating" in what could have been considered racist and anti-gay tweets.

link:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-22057246

Oh dear.......

• Like 1

We are, we are.......the youth of a nation.

For some some reason, that song has overtaken my rhetorical, non-witty reply.

Misleading i think, her boss actually pays some of her wages to per her

If you mean that the actual PCC is using some of her own salary to pay for the youth PCC, I'd like to point out it's £5000 coming out of her salary, and the £10,000 from her budget.

I know this is going to sound harsh, however I think it's extremely unfair that she gets to keep the job after this. I know people who have lost jobs thanks to not thinking about posting one little tweet.

She on the other hand posts a whole bunch of them, most of which are extremely offensive and gets away with it.

Yet she's supposed to be the voice of the British youth?

Granted we've all been that age, we've made mistakes and been immature, however this is more than just a small mistake.

She's revealed her true personality now.

There are thousands of young people in this country who deserve this role far more than her.

Have you heard her on TV? I'm pretty sure she has missed a large part of her education...

There MUST be someone better suited to the job.

Edited by Finity
  • Like 1

Have you heard her on TV? I'm pretty sure she has missed a large part of her education...

There MUST be someone better suited to the job.

You're right. I caught a small segment of this on the news earlier.

I know this is going to sound harsh, however I think it's extremely unfair that she gets to keep the job after this. I know people who have lost jobs thanks to not thinking about posting one little tweet.

She on the other hand posts a whole bunch of them, most of which are extremely offensive and gets away with it.

Yet she's supposed to be the voice of the British youth?

Granted we've all been that age, we've made mistakes and been immature, however this is more than just a small mistake.

She's revealed her true personality now.

There are thousands of young people in this country who deserve this role far more than her.

Anyone would be the better voice of British youth.

Seriously, even if she never took drugs in her life and was just 'exaggerating' and making it up, why the hell should she be a role model for people to look up to when she thinks it's cool to take drugs?

Edited by Queen in the North
  • Like 2

'The only reason young people hang around on the street is because there’s nothing else for them to do.'

Paris Brown

Such insight! Such an original approach! Such- no, wait. People have said that for years. Dear God, if this is the best of Kent's youth, I'm staying up here!

Also now heard about the tweets. Can't help wondering who she's related to to have stayed in the job after that. Or got it in the first place for that matter.

Edited by Setton

'The only reason young people hang around on the street is because there’s nothing else for them to do.'

Paris Brown

Such insight! Such an original approach! Such- no, wait. People have said that for years. Dear God, if this is the best of Kent's youth, I'm staying up here!

Also now heard about the tweets. Can't help wondering who she's related to to have stayed in the job after that. Or got it in the first place for that matter.

I was thinking that. The Commissioner seemed to speak about her like she knew her for some considerable time.