Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Osborne In Disabled Parking Space Storm

Commander CMG

George Osborne is facing more criticism over welfare reforms after he was photographed getting into a car parked in a disabled space.

The picture shows the Chancellor being picked up by his official car in a restricted bay, after he stopped for lunch at the Magor services on the M4 in Monmouthshire.

Senior Conservative sources said he had been to buy food from McDonald's and was not aware the Land Rover had been illegally parked.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

never mind the parking space, I think perhaps the fact that Chancellor "Austerity" Osborne drives a 50K Range Rover should not escape attention.

• Like 4

Not to mention that the man currently occupying the postiion of Chancellor of the Exchequer, the man supposedly reponsible for the whole Economy, has no qualifications or experience in either economics at all, or even management generally. His sole qualification, so far as anyone can ascertain, is a 2:1 bachelor's degree in Modern History at Oxbridge. You have to wonder how he got to be where he is now ...

George Gideon Oliver Osborne,[1] MP (born Gideon Oliver Osborne, 23 May 1971)[2] is a British Conservative politician. He is the Chancellor of the Exchequer and Second Lord of the Treasury of the United Kingdom, roles to which he was appointed in May 2010.

Osborne is one of the old Anglo-Irish aristocracy, known in Ireland as the Ascendancy. He is the heir apparent to the Osborne baronetcy (of Ballentaylor, in County Tipperary, and Ballylemon, in County Waterford).[3][4] He was educated at St Paul's School, London and Magdalen College, Oxford, before working for the Conservative Party as a researcher, special adviser, speechwriter and strategist. In 2005, he ran David Cameron's successful party-leadership campaign and was made Shadow Chancellor.

:innocent:

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh
  • Like 3

Sure, he wasn't aware of it. How could you miss it?

• Like 3

Just like he wasn't aware of needing a first class ticket to travel in a first class carriage on the train

• Like 3

Just like he wasn't aware of needing a first class ticket to travel in a first class carriage on the train

Indeed, he even challenged it & eventually made is PA & Diplomatic protection officer move to the *peasant class* after he upgraded himself.

I think there is a word for people like him (all ministers) < fitting word goes here >

• Like 2

So let me get this straight - someone takes a photo of his driver parking in a disabled spot, thinks "that'll make me a few quid from from a rag like the Mirror......" and that story is enough to make front page news!! How pathetic.

So let me get this straight - someone takes a photo of his driver parking in a disabled spot, thinks "that'll make me a few quid from from a rag like the Mirror......" and that story is enough to make front page news!! How pathetic.

So you approve of the parking in the disabled bay then?

This isn't about the photographer making a few quid and regardless to the rag that publishes the photo or the source of the photo.. this is wrong.

What is pathetic is the individual that parked in this bay is someone that is supposed to be in touch with the general public... One of the top Ministers we have.

• Like 2

So you approve of the parking in the disabled bay then?

This isn't about the photographer making a few quid and regardless to the rag that publishes the photo or the source of the photo.. this is wrong.

What is pathetic is the individual that parked in this bay is someone that is supposed to be in touch with the general public... One of the top Ministers we have.

He didn't park in the bay, the driver did. I often take people from airports to their destination, so if I stop on the way, park in a disabled parking bay then the the person sitting in the back of my car is to blame then for not checking where I parked?

And yes, I park in disabled spots, I took our cat to an emergency vet the night before last, there was 3 cars in the car park, 8 disabled sports and no cars in them, so I parked there and shot into the vets.

Edited by Sky Scanner

He didn't park in the bay, the driver did. I often take people from airports to their destination, so if I stop on the way, park in a disabled parking bay then the the person sitting in the back of my car is to blame then for not checking where I parked?

And yes, I park in disable spots, I took our cat to an emergency vet the night before last, there was 3 cars in the car park, 8 disabled sports and no cars in them, so I parked there and shot into the vets.

Sorry I disagree and I don't accept any reason to park in the bays, I was once cut up while trying to park in the disabled bay while trying to park with my Mum, terminally ill with cancer... they believed the bay was better suited to them. I had to explain it wasn't and it turned ugly, but they insisted, their needs were greater than mine.

I don't care if the driver is in the rear seat or sat on the roof.. its a disabled bay. He would have to be stupid not to notice where his driver parked.. I know this from experience because I worked several years in Diplomatic Protection, so I know how this works?

He doesn't have a disabled badge and if you also don't have badge, you and your sick cat don't have the right, regardless to the time of night or the remote possibility of a disabled driver being around to park there.

How would you feel when you take the space that is needed for your cat.. when someone like me pulls up and can't park with my terminally ill mother dieing of cancer and I have to the one that accommodates you and your cat?

• Like 1

Sorry I disagree and I don't accept any reason to park in the bays, I was once cut up while trying to park in the disabled bay while trying to park with my Mum, terminally ill with cancer... they believed the bay was better suited to them. I had to explain it wasn't and it turned ugly, but they insisted, their needs were greater than mine.

My wife has a disabled badge, i've seen the same, but unless you get into the realms of asking to see their badge or getting into a debate about who is more ill then you don't know if the need is greater or not.

I don't care if the driver is in the rear seat or sat on the roof.. its a disabled bay. He would have to be stupid not to notice where his driver parked.. I know this from experience because I worked several years in Diplomatic Protection, so I know how this works?

No offence but working in Diplomatic Protection isn't anything to do with this, it's a driving issue. Have you travelled in the back of these new Range Rovers? if so then you'll know the view of the road immediately in front of you is pretty much non existent. Also, it's not Osbournes responsibilty to tell the driver where to park, afterall as you say, it's Diplomatic Protection, so you'd expect him to know how to do his job. If the article had to be posted at all in a tabloid, then the headline should be more along the lines of Diplomatic Drivers not knowing their job properly would it not? (If it's a Diplomatic Driver issue as you say).

He doesn't have a disabled badge and if you also don't have badge, you and your sick cat don't have the right, regardless to the time of night or the remote possibility of a disabled driver being around to park there.

I don't care if I had the right or not, the cat was dying with a blocked bladder, it needed piercing immediately, it was 8:15pm, 3 cars in a large car park and 8 disabled spots sitting empty. I weighed up the chance of 8 disabled people suddenly turning up at that time of night at the moment i'm there against the cat dying. Deliberation of that decision took about a nane second - so I parked.

How would you feel when you take the space that is needed for your cat.. when someone like me pulls up and can't park with my terminally ill mother dieing of cancer and I have to the one that accommodates you and your cat?

I'd be more concerned as to why you was taking your terminally ill mum to a vet tbh. :P

Edited by Sky Scanner

My wife has a disabled badge, i've seen the same, but unless you get into the realms of asking to see their badge or getting into a debate about who is more ill then you don't know if the need is greater or not.

No offence but working in Diplomatic Protection isn't anything to do with this, it's a driving issue. Have you travelled in the back of these new Range Rovers? if so then you'll know the view of the road immediately in front of you is pretty much non existent. Also, it's not Osbournes responsibilty to tell the driver where to park, afterall as you say, it's Diplomatic Protection, so you'd expect him to know how to do his job. If the article had to be posted at all in a tabloid, then the headline should be more along the lines of Diplomatic Drivers not knowing their job properly would it not? (If it's a Diplomatic Driver issue as you say).

I don't care if I had the right or not, the cat was dying with a blocked bladder, it needed piercing immediately, it was 8:15pm, 3 cars in a large car park and 8 disabled spots sitting empty. I weighed up the chance of 8 disabled people suddenly turning up at that time of night at the moment i'm there against the cat dying. Deliberation of that decision took about a nane second - so I parked.

I'd be more concerned as to why you was taking your terminally ill mum to a vet tbh. :P

Its not about the the location of the disabled parking bay and I am glad you found some humor in me wanting to park in a disabled spot with my terminally ill mum.. it was really humorous for us also at the time.

We are not going to agree on this and given to Osbourne's arrogant track record at not following right and wrong when he was caught for the second time in first class on the train without the ticket... and yes I have I have sat in the back of the new range rovers and frontal view is difficult but he has the ability to look out of his rear passenger door window and can clearly see where is parking.

• Like 1

Its not about the the location of the disabled parking bay and I am glad you found some humor in me wanting to park in a disabled spot with my terminally ill mum.. it was really humorous for us also at the time.

We are not going to agree on this and given to Osbourne's arrogant track record at not following right and wrong when he was caught for the second time in first class on the train without the ticket... and yes I have I have sat in the back of the new range rovers and frontal view is difficult but he has the ability to look out of his rear passenger door window and can clearly see where is parking.

Lighten up. You're not the only one with terminally ill relatives or spouses. If you can't discuss this without thinking i'm having a laugh at your mum then i'm sorry - I thought it was quite obvious that I was merely trying the lighten the mood of the exchange, obviously not.

Lighten up. You're not the only one with terminally ill relatives or spouses. If you can't discuss this without thinking i'm having a laugh at your mum then i'm sorry - I thought it was quite obvious that I was merely trying the lighten the mood of the exchange, obviously not.

I know mate.. my apologies.

Its not so much the comment it just brought back memories of the youths that tried to explain to me they had the right to the available space out side the health center I was going to park in.

I guess you get that with your wife and her badge.

Anyway on a lighter note... I did the parking space in the end.

Sorry again.. but your still wrong about the parking, :tu: unless you use your wife's badge and that would be wrong also.

I know mate.. my apologies.

Its not so much the comment it just brought back memories of the youths that tried to explain to me they had the right to the available space out side the health center I was going to park in.

I guess you get that with your wife and her badge.

Anyway on a lighter note... I did the parking space in the end.

Sorry again.. but your still wrong about the parking, :tu: unless you use your wife's badge and that would be wrong also.

No worries. It's not like i'd do it when shopping, or buying a paper, but if an emergency happens and there are plenty of spaces then i'll weigh up the issue and make a decision. We won't agree on it though, and that's cool, I can respect your opinion on it too :tu:

• Like 1

No worries. It's not like i'd do it when shopping, or buying a paper, but if an emergency happens and there are plenty of spaces then i'll weigh up the issue and make a decision. We won't agree on it though, and that's cool, I can respect your opinion on it too :tu:

Agreed.. :tu:

I forgot to mention, I used to have to make my mum use her badge, she always insisted we parked in a normal bay but sometimes the distance was to far for her to walk.. and even then I would have to drop her off, sit her down and the park up in a normal bay and go and walk to her.. lol

Halifax Piece hall was an example of that..

She hated the badge or anything that told her she was ill.

The biggest abuse I come across of disabled parking is at the Gym, members are going to work out and yet they have to park as close to the front doors as possible so they don have to walk far.. Just no logic to that?

• Like 1

i don't think it's pathetic at all, it shows just how immoral and arrogant these "poilticians" are, and highlights with great piquancy their arrogance and dictatorial ambition.

• Like 1

why should it be? why should he have Diplomatic Protection and a 50k (probably armoured) range Rover? is he more important than everyone else? he has to have priority over everyone else?

• Like 1

With the Press he is getting, he must have a Rhino's hide. I would hope that Cameron has a quiet word as he is bringing his party into shame,but we have ourselves to blame as we voted him into Parliament.He obviously thinks that Cabinet Ministers are above the Law.Will people remember this come voting day ?.Unless he has a disabled badge for having a one cell brain.He is cutting costs by not having to pay a £1 for parking.

why should it be? why should he have Diplomatic Protection and a 50k (probably armoured) range Rover? is he more important than everyone else? he has to have priority over everyone else?

Why do top levels ministers of any cabinet sitting in Dowming Street need protection! Does they really need answering then?

His security car would probably have a badge that allows parking anywhere, similar to the Doctor on call type badge. None the less that badge shouldn’t be abused or used in circumstances like this.

His Police driver may well have reversed into the disabled bay without Osbourne noticing, after all we all know he makes mistakes like that, incl the time he was caught twice in one week in first class without a first class ticket, Ministers need first class, they can’t possibly sit in the other cars with the likes of us? Anyway Osbourne should have been able to see quite easily that the driver was reversing into a disabled bay and then he actually got out to go into the shop and therefore couldn’t miss the bay, especially when the bay next to you is disabled and he had to walk out around the front of the vehicle where it would have been apparent, or hop over the small hedges to the rear of the vehicle.

The main issue in all of this is the fact that all ministers, are so far detached from reality and the general public its becoming a joke and worst of all… None of them are accountable for their actions?

His security car would probably have a badge that allows parking anywhere, similar to the Doctor on call type badge. None the less that badge shouldn’t be abused or used in circumstances like this.

His Police driver may well have reversed into the disabled bay without Osbourne noticing, after all we all know he makes mistakes like that, incl the time he was caught twice in one week in first class without a first class ticket, Ministers need first class, they can’t possibly sit in the other cars with the likes of us? Anyway Osbourne should have been able to see quite easily that the driver was reversing into a disabled bay and then he actually got out to go into the shop and therefore couldn’t miss the bay, especially when the bay next to you is disabled and he had to walk out around the front of the vehicle where it would have been apparent, or hop over the small hedges to the rear of the vehicle.

The main issue in all of this is the fact that all ministers, are so far detached from reality and the general public its becoming a joke and worst of all… None of them are accountable for their actions?

I certainly don't disagree that they are all detached from reality...most of them have never been apart of reality to begin with, they live in a bubble. But tbh, I can't think of a time when it hasn't been like that.

My only issue with it was that it made front page news....of all that is going on in the world today, and even this country, for the Mirror to think it was worth a front page spread shows (if it were needed) how lame the press is too (imo).

• Like 1

I certainly don't disagree that they are all detached from reality...most of them have never been apart of reality to begin with, they live in a bubble. But tbh, I can't think of a time when it hasn't been like that.

My only issue with it was that it made front page news....of all that is going on in the world today, and even this country, for the Mirror to think it was worth a front page spread shows (if it were needed) how lame the press is too (imo).

Come on Sky.. If the likes of Kim Kartrashian can make front page then surely theres a place for our Ministers :tu:

I think whats needed is a new age Guy Fawkes.. :whistle:

Come on Sky.. If the likes of Kim Kartrashian can make front page then surely theres a place for our Ministers :tu:

I think whats needed is a new age Guy Fawkes.. :whistle:

*puts on V for Vendetta again*

I'm working on it mate, trust me i'm working on it lol... :whistle:

• Like 1

Why do top levels ministers of any cabinet sitting in Dowming Street need protection! Does they really need answering then?

What makes these people more important than anyone else? They just want Power and Control. Why should we give them respect and treat them differently to everyone else just because they have the sheer, naked green and hunger for power that made them a Top Cabinet Minister? Is their job crucial for the running of the country? Of course it isn't. All Ministers and Chancellors of the Exchequer and all the rest of it do is interfere with the smooth running of the country by endless changes of Policy and insisting that Cuts have to be Made. They're utterly parastical.