Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Human thoughts make rat move

Still Waters

Telepathic control of another person's body is a small step closer. By linking the technologies of two brain/computer interfaces, human volunteers were able to trigger movement in a rat's tail using their minds.

http://www.newscient...e-rat-move.html

Hmmmm.....telepathic control over another persons body is one step closer. every pervy little 14 year old boys sick fantasy coming true.

I had a rat trying to break into my house and if he could of read my mind he would ran for his life.

• Like 1

I don't see where they get off calling this telepathy. The links were electronic, not telepathic.

• Like 1

I don't see where they get off calling this telepathy. The links were electronic, not telepathic.

Would telepathy not then basically just be 'wireless' electronic signals?

Edited by ExpandMyMind

Would telepathy not then basically just be 'wireless' electronic signals?

That would assume that we know anything scientific about telepathy - which we don't. This was a physical electrical connection. Not telepathy as most people would define it. The authors of the article should have avoided that terminology as it describes a phenomenon that has not been defined.

Its an interesting article for sure, but misleading in the use of the terminology "telepathy".

The human subjects were later found to have developed an insatiable appetite for cheese whereas the rats began walking on their two hind legs while seeking out early morning lattes. It is interesting to speculate how this type of experimentation could lead to altering innate behaviors and potentially even evolving species.

• Like 2

They should have used Vulcan rats.

• Like 1

I need one of those devices right now to get my gf to go get me a beer from the fridge. I'm thinking very hard about it but she's not moving... :)

• Like 1

Shouldn't be long now and everyone will be online with just a wire poking out of their head. No keyboard, no mouse, just a wire into the brain.

• Like 1

I need one of those devices right now to get my gf to go get me a beer from the fridge. I'm thinking very hard about it but she's not moving... :)

Do they have shock collars in England? JK!

Shouldn't be long now and everyone will be online with just a wire poking out of their head. No keyboard, no mouse, just a wire into the brain.

You will be assimilated.......

borg.jpg

yeah people two minds can be linked together but its not through mechanical and especially invasive procedures or implants through our heads and brains.i will tell you why.one especially it could be use as a mind control device without people knowing by the government and etc.two the natural way to do this is by telepathy!!!i personally do not like the idea of having invasive implants or devices in my head or any part of my body as a matter of and especially in my brain do i need to get into details why people.this has trouble written all over it

I don't think it would be so invasive. Today we can put an entire computer on one chip the size of your pinky fingers nail. The wiring could be done by nanites over a period of days or weeks and you'd probably never know it was happening. The technology does not exist today, but all the components do.

a perfect work space a Genious controlling 5 Idiots without moving a finger hehe