Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dear Nasa, Heres an idea

MR.Blueprint

So i was thinkin

and came up with this thought

how come nasa doesnt send those microbes and other simple organism that live in the harshest environments to other planets and moons and see how long they survive or even if they can evolve on other planets..

im pretty sure the evolution rate would vary from planet to planet

Interfering in the ecosystems of other Planets? That's rarely a recipe for a happy outcome, in my experience. It can lead to all sorts of repercussions.

• Like 2

Why would they waste money doing this?

• Like 1

So i was thinkin

how come nasa doesnt send those microbes and other simple organism that live in the harshest environments to other planets and moons and see how long they survive or even if they can evolve on other planets..

You know we can simulate just about any environment conceivable in a lab now right? What would justify the cost of such a mission?

• Like 2

waste money...pretty sure it could catch a ride on all those explorer ships and bots we are sending out

Interfering in the ecosystems of other Planets? That's rarely a recipe for a happy outcome, in my experience. It can lead to all sorts of repercussions.

interfering? wouldnt sending an exploring bot to a planet consider to be interfering too.?

• Like 1

the reason will show how successful those microbes would be on other planet and the answers can help us better understand evolution of other enviroments

You know we can simulate just about any environment conceivable in a lab now right? What would justify the cost of such a mission?

naw i didnt know we can simulate a whole other planet in a lab.

the reason will show how successful those microbes would be on other planet and the answers can help us better understand evolution of other enviroments

How so?

Microbes don't care about a whole planet - all they care about is their little eco system. Plenty of opportunities to simulate that in a lab, rather inexpensively also.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 5

No? let's see...

Atmosphere:check.

Temperature: check.

Humidity: check.

Soil content: check.

Radiation levels: check.

Solar energy: check

Wind/Rain: check

Anything else needed?

About the only thing we can't simulate is gravity and that wouldn't have much effect on bacteria any way.

Edit: we can simulate a heavier gravity though.

Edited by Slave2Fate
  • Like 1

interfering? wouldnt sending an exploring bot to a planet consider to be interfering too.?

Depends if we were talking about artificial intelligence and self-replicating devices; then that too might have Consequences. I think introducing alien lifeforms into an ecosystem might have all sorts of consequences.

• Like 1

How so?

Badeskov

success rate.

and provide a median of environments

That's what aliens did here and we evolved from it. Then they came down after awhile and showed us how to build really, really, really good stone walls.

• Like 4

Depends if we were talking about artificial intelligence and self-replicating devices; then that too might have Consequences. I think introducing alien lifeforms into an ecosystem might have all sorts of consequences.

well if that case why are we lookin? and sending alien **** to other planets ?

That's what aliens did here and we evolved from it. Then they came down after awhile and showed us how to build really, really, really good stone walls.

ok

riggghttt

i thought that theory was so pre dec 21st 2012ish

No? let's see...

Atmosphere:check.

Temperature: check.

Humidity: check.

Soil content: check.

Radiation levels: check.

Solar energy: check

Wind/Rain: check

Anything else needed?

About the only thing we can't simulate is gravity and that wouldn't have much effect on bacteria any way.

Edit: we can simulate a heavier gravity though.

rotation around its sun.

So you think sending a man made vehicle is the same as sending microorganisms to another planet? Are you serious?!

We send robotic vehicles etc to other planets to explore them and find out their history etc, not to "interfere".

So i was thinkin

Actually NASA goes out of its way NOT to do this.

http://planetaryprotection.nasa.gov/

The mission of the Office of Planetary Protection is to assist and promote the responsible exploration of the solar system by minimizing the biological contamination of explored environments. The purposes or intents of planetary protection are several-fold and include:

• Preserving our ability to study other worlds as they exist in their natural states;

• Avoiding the biological contamination of explored environments that may obscure our ability to find life elsewhere – if it exists; and

• To ensure that we take prudent precautions to protect Earth’s biosphere in case life does exist elsewhere.

• Like 1

Because actually NASA know what they are doing is the short answer.

A question for you, how do you think we are going to discover life on Mars if we deliberately contaminate it with life from Earth?

Another question for you, do you really think it would be the intelligent and responsible thing to do to potentially wipe out an entire planet's native life by introducing life from Earth?

• Like 3

rotation around its sun.

Other than solar energy (which can be simulated) and gravity, what would be the significance of that?

• Like 1

Because actually NASA know what they are doing is the short answer.

A question for you, how do you think we are going to discover life on Mars if we deliberately contaminate it with life from Earth?

Another question for you, do you really think it would be the intelligent and responsible thing to do to potentially wipe out an entire planet's native life by introducing life from Earth?

im talkin bout on planet we kno have no life which pretty much every planet

the simple organism will be the only life on any the planets we chose to send it to

and of course i dont think it will be any more risk to us than the risk of sending bots into space

i think its a good idea being that we are only going to be here for a sec on the universe's time table

we better leave our mark

if we send the organism out it prolly will be a trillion year before any reaction occurs and we will belong gone

but jus maybe we have sparked the life some where else and that the purpose of life is to extend it long after your is over

rotation around its sun.

As, at the moment, we can only reach planets in this solar system (i.e. ones thar revolve around OUR sun) your answer is pretty pointless.

well if that case why are we lookin? and sending alien **** to other planets ?

One thing they're very careful to do is make sure that there are no micro-organisms on them before they set out, for that very reason.

im talkin bout on planet we kno have no life which pretty much every planet

Wrong. there are NO planets which we know have no life.

Apart from Earth there are no planets which we know do have life.

The two are not the same thing. Not knowing if something exists is not the same as knowing something doesn't exist.

It is very difficult to prove a negative and so it is virtually impossible to prove a planet is lifeless.

Of course if you had your way we would never learn if a planet had life because your "idea" would wipe it out before we had the chance.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf
  • Like 2

You have experience interfering in the ecosystems of other planets?
  • Like 1

One thing they're very careful to do is make sure that there are no micro-organisms on them before they set out, for that very reason.

Wrong. there are NO planets which we know have no life.

Apart from Earth there are no planets which we know do have life.

The two are not the same thing. Not knowing if something exists is not the same as knowing something doesn't exist.

It is very difficult to prove a negative and so it is virtually impossible to prove a planet is lifeless.

Of course if you had your way we would never learn if a planet had life because your "idea" would wipe it out before we had the chance.

You have experience interfering in the ecosystems of other planets?

here we go being closed mind humans again

the fact that we are able to even complete the task im suggesting might mean that was we were ment to do

it

maybe the only reason we are here is because some one 5 trillion years ago came up with the same idea from another planet

i think its our duty to try to spark life in other place so a trillions can go by and the life we spark can do the same and the cycle continues if we dont do it before we die ...in a way we failed as a human race and it will be no other life in the universe

the point of life is to keep it going.

the earth created us now its our job to mimic the earth and keep the cycle going

we are baby planets out sun created our planet and our planet created us and now our turn to keep the cycle going

leave it up to us to kill the cycle because we think we so special it has to be more of us instead of realize we are earthlings with the ability to put life on other planets