Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dear Nasa, Heres an idea

MR.Blueprint

I don't know why you seem to be fixated with your idea that it's not possible for any other planets anywhere to be habitable. Why do you so want this to be the case?

i dont want it to be the case

its my logic

every planet in the universe is unique

meaning that we are unique.

the universe is too harsh for what happened on thisplanet

this isan resort planet that life started and evolve on

now the life that this planet created may very much survive on other planets but not start up on other planets

i dont want it to be the case

its my logic

every planet in the universe is unique

meaning that we are unique.

the universe is too harsh for what happened on thisplanet

this isan resort planet that life started and evolve on

now the life that this planet created may very much survive on other planets but not start up on other planets

Life with a Unique signature is unique. As such, life to each planet is as unique as the plant itself. Do you think plant life is also unlikely on most planets as well as intelligent life?

Edited by psyche101

Life with a Unique signature is unique. As such, life to each planet is as unique as the plant itself. Do you think plant life is also unlikely on most planets as well as intelligent life?

Plants would be more likely than anything else

but no not even plants can survive in the harsh environments

plants love the sun

see its not about habital zone or size of a planet...

its about time.

moons like the one we live on usually doesnt last long in the universe especially when its already in the sun's orbit

meaning we think we so special and looking for ther life we better be looking on how to keep our "life" goin

clearly no other species in the universe have achieved this yet that we kno of.....

and thats another point...

what makes us think its anything out their that could survive 6 billion years?

you got to open your mind and grasp the whole universe and grasp large amounts of time

Edited by MR.Blueprint

If we live on a moon, what would you call our moon?

Why that number? 6 billion years,... or is that just yet another thing you pulled out of your butt?

• Like 1

If we live on a moon, what would you call our moon?

Why that number? 6 billion years,... or is that just yet another thing you pulled out of your butt?

6 billion years is about what we think is the age of the universe.

but to you its no difference if i wouldve said 60 million

so why do you ask?

by asking dumb questions ....nvrmind

you right

why 6 billion Idk

i jus pulled out my ass #pause

6 billion years is about what we think is the age of the universe .

I have no idea where "we" went to school,... but last time I checked its at least double as old as that. 13.7 billion years old. http://www.astro.ucl...wright/age.html

you right

why 6 billion Idk

i jus pulled out my ass #pause

No surprise there.

Edited by Hazzard

I have no idea where "we" went to school,... but last time I checked its at least double as old as that. 13.7 billion years old. http://www.astro.ucl...wright/age.html

No surprise there.

ok you right.......

and thats another point...

what u are saying

has nothing to do with my original question

you jus helping the point i was making

whats is your point?

jus point left and exit right

thx

whats is your point?

jus point left and exit right

thx

Im simply trying to make sense out of all the wacky claims and pseudo-science theories you NO DOUBT found on youtube and keep throwing around here at UM, changing them at will when you feel like it.

Not an easy task I tell you. :D

Im simply trying to make sense out of all the wacky claims and pseudo-science theories you NO DOUBT found on youtube and keep throwing around here at UM, changing them at will when you feel like it.

Not an easy task I tell you. :D

so where is you counter point?

or ou still can make sense of the point i made

what makes

you

think

anything

can

survive

6 ......naw i mean 13.7 billion years?

Plants would be more likely than anything else

but no not even plants can survive in the harsh environments

plants love the sun

see its not about habital zone or size of a planet...

its about time.

moons like the one we live on usually doesnt last long in the universe especially when its already in the sun's orbit

You seem to have a habit of referring to Planets as moons. I think Moons typically tend to revolve around another Planet, wheras Planets rotate around a star.

• Like 1

so where is you counter point?

or ou still can make sense of the point i made

what makes

you

think

anything

can

survive

6 ......naw i mean 13.7 billion years?

You do realize that planets didn't even form until second or third generation stars began to form right? Our sun is estimated to be about 4.5 billion years old with the Earth forming shortly after that (still millions of years in the making though). Life itself is generally thought to have began about 3.5 billion years ago, give or take. This information is fairly easy to find so I'm not sure why your dates and understanding of the subject material seem to be so skewed.

• Like 2

The only example we have so far, Earth, life has survived for about three and a half billion years. Under the same conditions it seems logical that life out there on other worlds would do the same.

Edited by Hazzard

The only example we have so far, Earth, life has survived for about three and a half billion years. Under the same conditions it seems logical that life out there on other worlds would do the same.

Indeed and barring some cataclysm, life shows no signs of slowing down any time soon. Under favorable conditions it is conceivable that life could exist indefinitely given that those favorable conditions persist. I think it goes without saying that the conditions for life change dramatically over time but given the size of the universe and the immeasurable variation that is undoubtedly present then it isn't much of a stretch to think that there may be areas or planets where the conditions for life have been quite stable longer than they have here on Earth. Also given that there are planets in the universe that are older than Earth, who's to say how long life has been going on somewhere unhindered?

Indeed and barring some cataclysm, life shows no signs of slowing down any time soon. Under favorable conditions it is conceivable that life could exist indefinitely given that those favorable conditions persist. I think it goes without saying that the conditions for life change dramatically over time but given the size of the universe and the immeasurable variation that is undoubtedly present then it isn't much of a stretch to think that there may be areas or planets where the conditions for life have been quite stable longer than they have here on Earth. Also given that there are planets in the universe that are older than Earth, who's to say how long life has been going on somewhere unhindered?

yea life that evolve on this resort planet can survive 3.5 billion years

and what im saying that moons like this one we live on

life span maybe not even 4 billion years

If we are living on a moon, where did the Apollo astronauts land?

If we are living on a moon, where did the Apollo astronauts land?

In Utah.....

Sorry, couldn't help it. :P

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 3

Love it :lol: ... but Im struggling to make sense of all this.

Hey Blueprint, what do we call the 180+ natural satellites that orbits the 8 moons in our star system?

Love it :lol: ... but Im struggling to make sense of all this.

Hey Blueprint, what do we call the 180+ natural satellites that orbits the 8 moons in our star system?

its more than 8 its more like 180+ can you make sense of that ?

you can call em whatever you want to

i never push my views on others

and what im saying that moons like this one we live on

life span maybe not even 4 billion years

A natural satellite, or moon, is a celestial body that orbits a planet or smaller body, which is called its primary.

A planet (from Ancient Greek αστήρ πλανήτης (astēr planētēs), meaning "wandering star") is an astronomical object orbiting a star or stellar remnant that is massive enough to be rounded by its own gravity, is not massive enough to cause thermonuclear fusion, and has cleared its neighbouring region of planetesimals

heavens, it's like "logistics" all over again.

its more than 8 its more like 180+ can you make sense of that ?

So we have 180 moons orbiting 180 moons..... is that what you are saying?

We older people were taught six billion years back in the late 70's. The more we learn, the more its age gets older and older and some of us haven't kept up. I thought it was around 12 billion years for a while, now it's past 13 billion!

• Like 1

[/size]

We older people were taught six billion years back in the late 70's. The more we learn, the more its age gets older and older and some of us haven't kept up. I thought it was around 12 billion years for a while, now it's past 13 billion!

There is NO WAY this clown went to school back in the 70ties.... if ever.

So we have 180 moons orbiting 180 moons..... is that what you are saying?

[/size]

no 180 + moons and other objects

some of the moons has partner moons

kinda like with the binary star scenario

So the Earth moon has a partner moon...... The Mars moon has two partner moons, and the moon mercury is alone?

Isnt that just confusing things for no good reason?

So the Earth moon has a partner moon...... The Mars moon has two partner moons, and the moon mercury is alone?

Isnt that just confusing things for no good reason?

imagine earth ulling away with alot of collision occuring with jupiter's crowd orbit with 70 some odd moons

earth got its partner moon from collision

mars got its moons which are not moons they are more like asteroids in mars gravitational pull orbit

asteroid are like moons