Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Builders finds 35 year old wallet in a wall

Still Waters

Two builders were stunned to discover this battered wallet 35 years after it was lost with its contents perfectly preserved.

Richard Thompson, 26, and Tony Noi, 34, found the purse tucked inside a brick wall cavity while refurbishing a leisure centre in St Ives, Cambridgeshire.

Inside they found a gym membership card which expired on March 31, 1978, a driving licence for a Mr Richard Lane and a trade union membership.

http://www.dailymail...s-builders.html

Too bad there wasn't any money in it. That really would of been a great find.

Seem's like someone stole it, took whatever money was in there, out, then hid it where it was found to get rid of the evidence...

• Like 4

Too bad there wasn't any money in it. That really would of been a great find.

Who says there was no money in it - them?

• Like 2

I bet they found something not unlike a primitive birth control barrier device too ...

Why wouldn't it be 'perfectly preserved?' It wasn't THAT long ago... My social security card is older than that and hasn't succumbed to the passage of time yet lol

• Like 1

Why wouldn't it be 'perfectly preserved?' It wasn't THAT long ago... My social security card is older than that and hasn't succumbed to the passage of time yet lol

Same goes for my favourite underpants. :)

• Like 2

I thought Britney kept that one that time she took you home ... before she went bald ...