Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Partridge Smuggler!

Eldorado

"A plane passenger was caught trying to smuggle 17 live partridges into Manchester Airport.

Tariq Mehmood, 33, crammed the birds in small wooden crates inside three suitcases on a long-haul flight from Pakistan, a court heard. When customs officers stopped Mehmood, he said his bags contained “clothes and stuff”, but a search revealed the stashed animals.

Thirteen birds were already dead and the remaining four were put down by a vet. The offender later said he brought the partridges from abroad “because he liked them” and was upset over their deaths, magistrates were told."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/man-17-partridges-small-wooden-2493223

Words fail me. :(

• Like 1

He should have just tried to smuggle one instead of seventeen. He could have told them it was for his pear tree.

• Like 2

At least he wasn't trying to smuggle these Partridges in. I hear the sentence for smuggling them is almost as harsh as smuggling Beibers.

The+Partridge+Family+photo3781094.jpg

• Like 3

He should have just tried to smuggle one instead of seventeen. He could have told them it was for his pear tree.

I'm surprised he didn't try to smuggle one of those in, as well.

• Like 2

ASS !

I got a bunch of fishies out of Japan once. For my tank . I put them in lotion bottles filled with water . They looked at em,and assumed it was just lotion. The fish were so small ,they totally missed them .

They lived for years in my tank .

• Like 1