Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama and the "Down Low" Club

Kowalski

Trinity Church members reveal Obama shocker!

'Matchmaker' Rev. Jeremiah Wright 'provided cover for gays'

After nearly four years in office, many Americans still express frustration that much about Barack Obama remains a mystery as establishment media remain incurious about the Democratic president, while seemingly ready to dispatch crack investigative teams at a moment’s notice to probe into the personal lives of Republican figures such as Sarah Palin. Largely ignored in 2008 was research by the Hillary Clinton campaign based on contacts developed with members of the church Obama attended for two decades, Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago. This is the first of a series of articles WND has developed from months of in-person interviews with church members who have known Barack and Michelle Obama over many years. The sources requested that their identities not be published because they believe their disclosures would put their security at risk.

NEW YORK – Ten years ago, the New York Times reported on a growing underground subculture in the black community known as Down Low, comprised largely of men who secretly engage in homosexual activity while living “straight” lives in public.

It’s within that subtext that opposition researchers for Hillary Clinton’s 2008 presidential campaign began investigating rumors that Rev. Jeremiah Wright was running a “matchmaking service” for members of his Trinity United Church of Christ known as the Down Low Club, which included Barack Obama.

Over the past several months, WND investigators have interviewed a number of members of the church who claim the president benefited from Wright’s efforts to help black men who engage in homosexual activity appear respectable in black society by finding them a wife.

The 2003 New York Times story, “Double Lives on the Down Low,” said that though many black men reject “a gay culture they perceive as white and effeminate,” they “have settled on a new identity, with its own vocabulary and customs and its own name: Down Low.”

The Times said that while “there are black men who are openly gay, it seems that the majority of those having sex with men still lead secret lives, products of a black culture that deems masculinity and fatherhood as a black man’s primary responsibility – and homosexuality as a white man’s perversion.”

The Down Low Club at Trinity “doesn’t have meetings, and it isn’t like the Rotary Club,” a source identified for this article as “Carolyn” explained to a WND investigator in Chicago.

“It was more that Wright served as a matchmaker,” said Carolyn, a 20-year member of Trinity who has played a role in church administration and knows the Obamas personally.

“He kept his eye on the young guys coming up in Trinity,” she said, “and if he spotted someone that acted or looked gay, then Wright would give them kind of a guidance counselor-type direction on how to keep down low – how to do the things they wanted to do, but then also getting married and looking ‘respectable’ – being part of black society.”

To Trinity insiders, the Down Low Club was simply known as “the program.”

Here's some more articles on this new shocker:

Here's a quote from this article:

In 2007, when Donald Young was murdered in his home around Christmas I was already working on the Hillary Clinton campaign and was told repeatedly by my black friends that Young was killed because he started talking to people about Barack Obama being gay. Hillary’s campaign knew about Obama’s antics on the Chicago gay scene where he was jokingly known as “Bathhouse Barry”. What conservatives don’t understand is that Hillary couldn’t use anything salacious she had on Obama because she needed the black vote behind her if she won the nomination. Hillary’s hands were always tied when it came to nuking Obama with his homosexuality because if it was tied back to her then blacks would be alienated from the Clintons forever since they “went there” and “ruined” the first viable black presidential candidate. There’s another reason that Hillary Clinton would never out Barack Obama and it’s simply that — despite what the obsessive Hillary-haters have felt for twenty-odd-years — the woman is actually a very nice person who just never wanted to go nuclear on anyone. That right there might mean she wouldn’t have made a good President, if she isn’t willing to dump her biggest weapons on an enemy…but I will leave that up to you to decide for yourself.

To this day, people in Chicago are still scared about being murdered for talking about Barack Obama being gay or about what goes on at Trinity United with the still-active “Down Low Club”. Young, gay, black men are mentored into the club and are eventually paired up with often unattractive and difficult to deal with straight black women who never have boyfriends (since guys don’t want to have anything to do with them). A friend of mine in the “Think Squad” of prominent black professionals I talk to regularly calls these women “heifers” and says it’s very common for “cake boys” to be paired up with “heifers” so that “dummies are fooled” into thinking they are straight. Besides the Obamas, famous examples of this are Steadman Graham and Oprah Winfrey (he’s gay, while she’s just plain nasty and conceited), Star Jones and her gay husband whatever his name was, Terry McMillan and Jonathan Plummer (who eventually came out and left her), and Will Smith and Jada Pinckett (who are actually both gay…which is really rare in these arranged marriages because typically gay guys are not married to lesbians for some reason).

Another article: http://www.rightpundits.com/?p=10549

We have the story from 2007 about Larry Sinclair, who claims that he had a gay encounter with Obama, as well as knowledge of several gay men in the church choir had died, two of which were suddenly and violently murdered, just prior to the Iowa primary. One of whom, Donald Young, the head of the choir at Trinity Church, was killed at his apartment execution style. Larry Bland was also killed with multiple gunshots and in both cases, there was no robbery and both murders remained unsolved.

There have also been rumors about Obama being involved with his room mate at Occidental College, and later with his ′body man′, Reggie Love. While none of these allegations have yet to be confirmed or proven to be true, it should be noted that a libel suit against Larry Sinclair was dismissed by a federal judge. Sinclair had claimed to have received phone calls and text messages from Donald Young just before his murder. That Young had knowledge of Obama using crack cocaine in 1999, long after Obama said he stopped using drugs. Sinclair suspected that Young may have been sexually intimate with Obama at the time. He also claims that after Young′s murder, several members of Young′s family contacted Sinclair to express their belief that Young′s death was related to Obama and his presidential campaign. Even Young′s mother believes that her son was killed to protect Obama and said as much in a published interview in 2010.

This is all VERY interesting if you ask me. I have to wonder why the mainstream media is not even looking into this. Probably the same reason they don't mention Obama's birth certificate...

• Like 1

Whether they're true or not, I don't know.

But the "down low" rumors about Obama have been out there since his time in the IL legislature.

• Like 2

Whether they're true or not, I don't know.

But the "down low" rumors about Obama have been out there since his time in the IL legislature.

Yeah, I don't know if the rumors are true or not, either, and I really wish one of the mainstream media sites would investigate this. But, we all know they won't even look into it. :sigh: Whatever happened to objective journalism?

Considering the nature of the press in the States, it has no doubt been "looked into" and found false. Even I get the rotten politics smell emanating from it, and I'm an ocean away.

• Like 2

Swing down low sweet chariot, and take me to the White House! :tsu:

Whoda thunk? Not me.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't know if the rumors are true or not, either, and I really wish one of the mainstream media sites would investigate this. But, we all know they won't even look into it. :sigh: Whatever happened to objective journalism?

And frankly I wouldn't care if he was gay or not, but the fact he would have been lying about it his whole life would give me great pause. Not to mention, he would have major issues among his own voting base if it were true.

• Like 2

So what if he was having extra-marital sex?

Kennedy did it. Clinton did it. Hell, millions of people around the world are probably having it right now.

The scary bit is the suggestion that "someone" is using murder to cover up the evidence of it, which is well and truly scary.

• Like 2