Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Indian engineers invent 'anti-rape' underwear

seeder

Indian engineers invent 'anti-rape' underwear which gives attackers electric shocks and automatically texts police for help

The clothing sends a text message to police with GPS location

Pressure sensors sewn into bust area designed to detect unwanted force

The garment is capable of delivering up to 82 electric shocks

http://www.dailymail...olice-help.html

A bit James Bond-ish really... but wouldn't they both get a shock if touching?

Edited by seeder

OK, that's just a little weird.

Wouldn't that just inflame the rapist, possibly provoking a serious physical attack towards the intended victim?

On top of that, who could afford it?

Instead, the answer should be very harsh punishment on the books, with effective "spreading of knowledge" regarding the new law(s)

• Like 2

OK, that's just a little weird.

Wouldn't that just inflame the rapist, possibly provoking a serious physical attack towards the intended victim?

On top of that, who could afford it?

Instead, the answer should be very harsh punishment on the books, with effective "spreading of knowledge" regarding the new law(s)

Probably. Probably like an anti-rape condom would.

This whole situation is just sad and depressing - as well as purely disgusting. What the hell is it with these guys? Is it okay culturally to brutalize women in this way, there? In it's way this is even worse than the treatment of women in Islamic countries. From my little understanding of it, they are subjugated and controlled but otherwise are they not "respected" by the other men in their midst? What a sick, crazy sub-culture the Indians seem to have allowed to take hold.

• Like 2

This whole situation is just sad and depressing - as well as purely disgusting. What the hell is it with these guys? Is it okay culturally to brutalize women in this way, there? In it's way this is even worse than the treatment of women in Islamic countries. From my little understanding of it, they are subjugated and controlled but otherwise are they not "respected" by the other men in their midst? What a sick, crazy sub-culture the Indians seem to have allowed to take hold.

Not forgetting some of the East European cultures who traffic women into prostitution, promise them a nice job in London, then when they get them there, beat them, inject them to make them addicts and lose their will, chain them to a bed and work them like all day and night...treating them as money machines..

there is a lot wrong with some peoples in this world.... and I would indeed agree about the Islamic countries and the hypocrisies that go on. There is not much we can do to chnage religious beliefs, I guess we can all only feel a bit of consolation in the fact the cultures WE live in, have sexual equality as one of our concepts

• Like 2

When I read about how badly women are treated in some parts of the world I'm so glad I live in the United States. I couldn't take being married to someone that didn't think I had the right to do anything that he does. Religion doesn't give you the right to do whatever you want to your wife or daughter.

Slavery is still going on today and it is usually children and women that fall victim to it.

I remember seeing this commercial or something one time. Its been a while so I think this is the way it went. This man was in a elevator and started hitting on this attractive woman. When he touched her knives/spikes came out of her, got him, then they retracted and she got off the elevator. Anyone recognize it.

• Like 1