Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How Much Longer?

and-then

Had the Palestinians accepted the offer at the time then I would agree that Israel had done wrong. But if I make you an offer and you spit in my face, I assume you're not interested and therefore I am justified in looking after my own interests, just as you will. 2 sides man.... there are 2 sides to this issue.

.... what?

.... what?

When the offer of 2 states living side by side was initially made, the Israelis JUMPED at the offer. The Arabs refused to have a Jewish state in their midst. Surely you can agree on this point? Once they had refused and made it clear that they intended to be rid of Israel no matter what, Israel naturally began doing what they truly wanted - seizing more land. My point, BJ, is consistent. There are two sides to this conflict. Israel is at fault but SO ARE the Palestinians. In 1948 there was no "occupation". You can blow smoke and inundate the unwitting here with tons of facts and figures but the essence of this conflict is simple hatred between 2 groups of people. Beating the Jews into submission is a task the Arabs are not equal to, so they use propaganda to elicit help from the world. Your words and arguments make it plain that you would support the eradication of the state of Israel. I take an exactly opposite view of the situation. While I would not condone the eradication of Palestinians, I WOULD support their resettlement into Jordan. I think that all of Gaza and Judea and Samaria is Israeli territory and I hope they regain it soon. When the war of annihilation against Israel occurs, it is going to badly boomerang on the Arabs. After that war there will cease to be a "Palestinian" problem.

When the offer of 2 states living side by side was initially made, the Israelis JUMPED at the offer. The Arabs refused to have a Jewish state in their midst. Surely you can agree on this point? Once they had refused and made it clear that they intended to be rid of Israel no matter what, Israel naturally began doing what they truly wanted - seizing more land. My point, BJ, is consistent. There are two sides to this conflict. Israel is at fault but SO ARE the Palestinians. In 1948 there was no "occupation". You can blow smoke and inundate the unwitting here with tons of facts and figures but the essence of this conflict is simple hatred between 2 groups of people. Beating the Jews into submission is a task the Arabs are not equal to, so they use propaganda to elicit help from the world. Your words and arguments make it plain that you would support the eradication of the state of Israel. I take an exactly opposite view of the situation. While I would not condone the eradication of Palestinians, I WOULD support their resettlement into Jordan. I think that all of Gaza and Judea and Samaria is Israeli territory and I hope they regain it soon. When the war of annihilation against Israel occurs, it is going to badly boomerang on the Arabs. After that war there will cease to be a "Palestinian" problem.

Of course the Israelis would jump at the offer, they were an immigrant minority that only owned 6% of the land in Palestine!!!!!

Are you insane? Or do you think the Palestinians are insane and dumb enough to give 56% of their land to the Jews as accorded to the UN Partition Plan. That plan gave the Jews more land than the Palestinians yet at the time the Jews only legally bought and OWNED 6% of Palestine.

If I may interupt this about Palestine. I don't seem to find any references in this thread about deeper causes, other than the obvious Jew against Muslim dispute. This business in modern times dates back further than 1947, and there is much responsibility to be laid on UK and France. The situation regards Palestine is mostly the child of the British, and I link here to this wiki about the Balfour Declaration

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balfour_Declaration

The situation in Syria is the responsibility of UK and France, and I link to this wiki about the Sykes - Picot agreement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sykes%E2%80%93Picot_Agreement

I believe that neither Jew nor Arab was well served by these machinations of UK and France, and they have, at one remove, a lot of blood on their hands. I rather suspect that these two countries handwringing and involvement,(also Libya) is perhaps a bad conscience about past actions. It rather makes me laugh when these two countries huff and puff about Russian (much weakening) support for Assad, when UK/France are the root cause of the problem as it has existed since WW1. Sometimes I think the destruction of the Ottoman Empire was a bad thing, and the disgraceful meddling in Persia (for oil), as it was, by UK/US was a disaster. Always a good thing to look at causes sometimes, then some introspection before jumping up and down and screaming about this that and the other in that part of the world. Lavrov has been calm and saying all this for long time, but everybody just gets red in the face and pointing fingers about Tartus, human rights, blah blah blah. rather like pointing out mote in somebodies eye while ignoring beam in their own.

• Like 2