Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Research sheds light on ancient Egyptian port

seeder

Research sheds light on ancient Egyptian port and ship graveyard

New research into Thonis-Heracleion, a sunken port-city that served as the gateway to Egypt in the first millennium BC, was examined at a recent international conference at the University of Oxford. The port city, situated 6.5 kilometres off today’s coastline, was one of the biggest commercial hubs in the Mediterranean before the founding of Alexandria.

http://www.pasthoriz...-ship-graveyard

*Snip*

Edited by Still Waters
Removed copyrighted image
  • Like 7

Nice article seeder, thanks for sharing.

cormac

• Like 1

Always interested in anything to do with ancient Egypt.

• Like 2

Nice article seeder, thanks for sharing.

cormac

No worries Bud, Im always keen on keeping up with new findings, there must be so much stuff thats not been found, but every new find is a potential revelation and adds to our understanding of the ancients! :tu:

Always interested in anything to do with ancient Egypt.

Me too, wish I was an archeologist who could just potter about ancient sites all day, digging up stuff from the ancients! Especially the underwater stuff ! It'd be so thrilling to make the 'ultimate discovery', whatever that may eventually prove to be!

Yes, thanks! Love AE and anything underwater too. Very cool!

How awesome to be there and touch it and witness the seabed of huge artifacts. I'd probably hyperventilate and drown.

• Like 1

Yes, thanks! Love AE and anything underwater too. Very cool!

How awesome to be there and touch it and witness the seabed of huge artifacts. I'd probably hyperventilate and drown.

Hyperventilating whilst diving.....? ...... not the best of ideas methinks. However I can relate, I would too lol

• Like 1