Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Taping of Farm Cruelty Is Becoming the Crime

questionmark

On one covert video, farm workers illegally burn the ankles of Tennessee walking horses with chemicals. Another captures workers in Wyoming punching and kicking pigs and flinging piglets into the air. And at one of the country’s largest egg suppliers, a video shows hens caged alongside rotting bird corpses, while workers burn and snap off the beaks of young chicks.

Each video — all shot in the last two years by undercover animal rights activists — drew a swift response: Federal prosecutors in Tennessee charged the horse trainer and other workers, who have pleaded guilty, with violating the Horse Protection Act. Local authorities in Wyoming charged nine farm employees with cruelty to animals. And the egg supplier, which operates in Iowa and other states, lost one of its biggest customers, McDonald’s, which said the video played a part in its decision.

Read more

• Like 1

Of course they want to make it ilegal to record this. The people making money from shoving as much animals into a crampt place as possible are friends with the other rich people. They all stick together. Laws and politics are all abotu money.

That photo of the pig behind those bars... That's why i'm vegan.

• Like 1

For once I have to commend McDonalds on their decision.

I don't know how many times I have heard it said when someone objects to drones, video surveillance, etc "What do you have to worry about if you don't have anything to hide.' So if you don't have anything to hid why do you need the Animal and Ecological Terrorism Act. Only farmers have the right to privacy.

I'm a meat eater and always will be but I don't believe these animals should be abused like this. Throwing a baby pig like that isn't called for or cramping animals up in inhuman conditions.

for me it is quite simple: Just because you want to eat it you don't have to torture it first.

• Like 2

Meanwhile, in Oz (just to prove we are literally on the other side of the planet to America) our animal protection groups are buying unmanned drones to fly over farms to ensure they're obeying the law.

• Like 2

This is more of the 'buying politicians' crap that is becoming a bit of commonality in our politics. These laws protect the corporations, damn the other consequences.

Meanwhile, in Oz (just to prove we are literally on the other side of the planet to America) our animal protection groups are buying unmanned drones to fly over farms to ensure they're obeying the law.

Wow not sure if you are serious or joking hats?If serious shows the massive differences in thinking our countries have.You countrymen flying spy drones over cattle to make sure they are treated fair,our gov flying them over their cattle (citizens) to make sure they are behaving :lol: What kind of ***** up world are we living in anymore? :wacko:

• Like 1

This is one of the points I was trying to make on the WEALTH DISTRIBUTION thread. When the rich become richer, they become powerful and are able to tailor laws to their benefit. But, unfortunately, that thread got derailed onto blaming poor people for being lazy.

America is so fricking backward now its beyond belief.... you guys need to listen to Rage Against the Machines go on the attack and take your powerback.... Seriously...

Edited by Silver Surfer
  • Like 1

Wow not sure if you are serious or joking hats?If serious shows the massive differences in thinking our countries have.You countrymen flying spy drones over cattle to make sure they are treated fair,our gov flying them over their cattle (citizens) to make sure they are behaving :lol: What kind of ***** up world are we living in anymore? :wacko:

Very serious.

It's causing the sort of ructions use of drones in the US is, but most farmers are going "yeah, why not. I've nothing to hide and it might keep my livestock safe" (we've feral pigs and crocs that threat livestock from time to time).

• Like 1

Very serious.

It's causing the sort of ructions use of drones in the US is, but most farmers are going "yeah, why not. I've nothing to hide and it might keep my livestock safe" (we've feral pigs and crocs that threat livestock from time to time).

I guess if the farmers are ok with it than not much of a big deal,quite different situation than what we have going on here.I guess i can understand the ones views who are against it though,never know when some people will try to overstep their boundaries.