Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How Close Is Doomsday?

Still Waters

i knew a man who was suisidal , he had all these things to do before being commited .

at this moment , you have passwords and accounts ... bills and important things that need to be done , schedules and hours of your day full of tasks and plans ...

1 hour after your death , 97% of your total life history will be beyond recovery for all time , and beyond any ones intrest or desire to know .

with in one year of your death , you will be a name recorded in records , and a memory in the heart of people who knew you .

in 200 years ... you will be a name in a gene pool ...if you have children who had children ... and nothing of you will have any effect in the slightest on the nature of civil or material world ....

that is kinda how i see dooms day .

the human race will never leave this solar system ... when the sun burns out , our planet will likely stay in the area with it ... ah, but will the sun stay in the galaxy... i think not.

frankly speaking, my bet is that our machines will not simply out live us , my bet is that they will spread across space like a wave in a pond ....

what we see as life is a amino-asid crystal.... we are crystals that walk! the bio'sphere we live in is less than .oooo1% of the mass of the earth... or about 1oo feet thick ( 20 feet down and 70 feet high )... that accounts for about 90% of what we call life .

but even that is granting it size it does not have... of a 200,oo pound tree in the rain forest ... only about 100 pounds is actualy alive the rest is fiber , bark , wood , and dead scale .

and as for the ocean... there is more going on there than on the land.... and that happens only in the top 20 to 30 feet of the water .

humans could pop every atomic bomb we own and its extreemly unlikly we would kill the earth ... micro wave the hampster , but not kill the c*** roach's ...

given a winter , life would spring , summer would bloom again... albeit without people . what we are really talking about is this.... can our machines make the leap into space before we revisit our childhood as cavemen

frankly speaking, life is very very hard to kill ... people on the other hand are not so hard to kill.

machines are not alive ... so they can make the trip in space , that we can not .

I think we are close to the end of civilization as we now know it. With exponential population growth, global warming, threats of nuclear war, it can't go on like this forever, can it? One day something's got to give. The human race will have to re-adjust itself to a new environment. A new political and social environment.

I'd give it another hundred years.

Didn't it only take ten years to reach another billion people? At that rate, 100 years later is going to be a small area to live in.

It will come. Our minds and creativity are to powerful to be completely annihilated unless something like a black hole ejected from a galactic core comes screaming at us.

We have been reduced to about 2000 before, it will happen again. But I think we will pull through. If we don't get Out of the solar system by the time the sun turns into a red giant we are through.

Many devistating mini disasters are on their way that will be apear to be doomsday. The most prevenant are a pandemic and an emp for the sun. Both of which will force us to evolve medicinally and technologically to counter our vulnerabilities. Let the good times roll ;)

Edited by Seeker79

It's very close for the man or woman in the last stage of pancreatic cancer. The same holds true for the prisoner who will sit in the electric chair tomorrow. For the rest of us, under normal circumstances, it's closer with each breath. If you are over a hundred-years-old on Doomsday, you might regret even thinking about it during your salad days.

Each generation can make claims for Doomsday for one reason or the other. It seems like there's a new prediction of the end of the world each week. Some of them sound quite plausible. The best bet is to act like Doomsday is in one minute while, at the same time, act like it will never come.

Doomsday doesnt worry me, unless I survive then I would be in deep ****.

I agree with you, if it's going to happen I hope I'm instantly vaporized. I just don't have the energy to battle zombies and cannibalistic humanoid underground dwellers and/or any other mutated entities. Not with my carpal tunnel... uh uh...no way. What does one wear to the end of the world anyway?

• Like 1

Doomsday is happening right now to someone somewhere. Judgement day is today if today is the day you die.

What does one wear to the end of the world anyway?

I don't know,but if someone walks into the room wearing a tight purple crotchless spandex suit then i'm gonna start praying.

• Like 1

I don't know,but if someone walks into the room wearing a tight purple crotchless spandex suit then i'm gonna start praying.

That's especially true if he's your fraternity brother. As a Southern comedian says, there's your sign.

• Like 1

Someone always has to yell "the sky is falling".

Chicken Little is rich. False prophets make real profits by selling books and tapes about the end of the world. Their fans develop amnesia when they remember their failed predictions. Look at Hal Lindsey.

We are close.dont worry till it happens because we can stop it.

• Like 1

Now I'm scared......

Doomed .Doomed dont panic its only Thursday.Who the 'ell cares we all gotta go sometime.

Doomed .Doomed dont panic its only Thursday.Who the 'ell cares we all gotta go sometime.

Cheers then! :D lol!

I think it'll be fun apart from the oblivion of all or most life being wiped out. You could always dig a deep tunnel within the earth core, as well as focus more effort on creating actually self-sustaining space colonies on other plants and solar systems, no matter how far-off that thought is now. The grave of marians, the 12km deep water pit, deepest part of the ocean, already tells us we might be able to dig at least 10km deep if we can prevent the earth above us from falling on us. 10km deep sounds pretty safe to me, even 1km deep, especially if you dig 4-8 or so of those shelters. Haven't the rest of you played Fallout? Cmon.

I agree with you, if it's going to happen I hope I'm instantly vaporized. I just don't have the energy to battle zombies and cannibalistic humanoid underground dwellers and/or any other mutated entities. Not with my carpal tunnel... uh uh...no way. What does one wear to the end of the world anyway?

Oh I do... Killing zombies is a hell of a lot of fun. I'm not talking about video games either.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=2493&showentry=26227

Edited by Seeker79

• 2 weeks later...

There is no doubt in my mind, that we are living in the end times.

Why do you think that? You might be right, but people said the exact same thing throughout the historical record.

Doomsday is not coming.

The New Age view is the total opposite.

One view brings fear and anxiety, the other calm and tranquility.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!
  • Like 1

The battles already won, the worst is behind us, unbeknown to most , all things have already been done. Like a thief in the night.

A new age has dawned but it will take some time to filter down through society.

These petty things like feminism, materialism etc... There just a byproduct of a heavenly war that's already been fought and won! We lost many but...the losses were measurable. If you have a ear hear!

• Like 1

The worst is behind us and the last gasp of tyranny is here, it will go down screaming and causing as much destruction as possible which can create the illusion that things are not getting better but global peace and unity is soon to be realized.

Great post but I would never characterize feminism as petty.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!

• 3 weeks later...

How close are we to the end? How close are we to being among the last humans to ever live? Depending on who you are — your religion, politics, relative degree of pessimism or optimism — that question is bound to bring up images of some particular kind of cataclysm. It could be an all-out nuclear exchange or a climate change-driven mass extinction. But what if there was a way of answering the doomsday question in the most generic way possible.

http://www.npr.org/b...ose-is-doomsday

I don't think the world will fall into doom.

I do believe that nations and superpowers will have a go at it and many will die.

Many pagan religions point to a time where the gods battle and major destructive beings are released to fight other gods. (Like Jorgamund or the Kraken.) If the gods are symbolic for superpowers, then it makes sense to me.

Maybe it means aliens. We will be so busy fighting with them we won't have time to fight with each other. AliensAttackingSmileys_zps5d03eaa7.gif

It makes me wonder if the media does not attempt to keep up in a state of perpetual fear (or on the flip side perpetually entertained with Glee and Dances with the Stars, etc.)

entertained??

jesus sundew, you REALLY need to get out more man!!

:-D