Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's for dinner?

SpiritWriter

2 hot dogs!

Left room for some Butter pecan ice cream.

• Like 2

Just finished another chili cheese dog a little while ago. Yum!

• Like 2

Just finished having Lasagna, and Breezy is begging to lick our plates! Ain't going to happen! :no:

• Like 2

Ate a homemade cheese burger about an hour ago, yummy! So much better than fast food burgers.

• Like 3

Ate a homemade cheese burger about an hour ago, yummy! So much better than fast food burgers.

Yes, they are - especially when there cooked over the Barbie!

Hope your feeling better Roo! :)

• Like 3

Yes, they are - especially when there cooked over the Barbie!

Hope your feeling better Roo! :)

Absolutely! Barbie's are the best. I steam veggies on the barbie sometimes. :tu:

Thank you Kari. Napped for a few hours this afternoon so that helped a little. :)

• Like 3

We had a baked chicken the other night so I made a chicken stock with the leftovers and tonight I decided to do a chicken cheesey broccoli and sweet corn soup. I also added a thick egg noodles in there. I love making another great meal out of leftovers.

It used to be a big hobby of mine but I haven't cooked as much lately. I felt good enough today to get this going so it was very good, "tastey" and filling :) I did it on-the-fly so there's no real recipe for it. I just eyeball it. It turned out really nice.

• Like 3

I'm absolutely drooling over your soup, She-ra! Are the egg noodles, homemade?

• Like 2

I'm absolutely drooling over your soup, She-ra! Are the egg noodles, homemade?

Not these tonight but I used to make them :yes: I also used to make really great fettucini noodles. Haven't done that in a while; my poor machine probably has dust on it.

OH!!!... pie crusts...I do REALLY GOOD pie crusts :tu:

My family and friends favorite pie of mine is the pecan chocolate chip with my homemade crust with vanilla ice cream and whipped heavy cream.

Or, for savory I do chicken pot pies they are good too... and quiche - I do good with anything and a *pie* crust :P

Edited by She-ra
  • Like 3

OMG, I Loooooove Chicken Pot pies, and especially the crusts.

• Like 2

OMG, I Loooooove Chicken Pot pies, and especially the crusts.

You would love mine then. They are very traditional and the crusts are very flakey. It's easy. I can teach you my secrets! My hubby and kids get so excited when I make it :D
  • Like 3

Yes! If you have a secret recipe you want to share!! Love to try it! I've done pie crusts before, but never for meat pies.

• Like 2

Ate half of Italian beef sammich with hot peppers. Been a while since I had one, pretty tasty!

• Like 1

McD's tonight.

Big Mac w/out cheese for her, 4 regular cheeseburgers for him.

Large fries...but some fell on the floor for Breezy!

• Like 2

For breakfast: had two eggs benny, hash browns and a fruit salad for breakfast.

For lunch: the best damned bbq'ed mozza and carmalized onion burger I ever had with some decent macaroni salad.

For dinner: leftover house special fried rice (veggies and shrimp) and sweet & sour pork, made by a lady that learned in Hong Kong (last night's dinner).

For dessert: some rum and coke. (I just wish that I had some lime juice.)

I haven't eaten that well... well, since a long, long time ago. So yeah, Likely Guy is fat & happy tonight and enjoying his Victoria Day long weekend. :) - *burp*

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 2

Cold and raining, perfect weather for slow-cooked lamb shanks in lentil stew. It was absolutely perfect. And just by complete coincidence a stray dog has happened to attach itself to our house just this very same day, so he (we've named him Helix, full name Helix Kenneth Hoover) benefited from the bones big time.

msg-17506-0-85613200-1431864601_thumb.jp

Edited by Paranoid Android

Ham sammich with mustard, mayo, Velveeta cheese, spring mix and sriracha sauce. Yummy.

• Like 1

Cooking up some pinto beans with carrots and Asian chili's. Only two hours to go. :lol:

• Like 1

Subway BMT Sandwich, Lay's chips and flavored lemon water.

• Like 1

Mushrooms stuffed with quinoa, spinach, fetta, and herbs.

• Like 1

And for tonight (the last post was about last night's dinner) we had marinated chicken wing appetisers (for no other reason than the shops were flogging them off at $2/kg, dirt cheap, considering even the regular unmarinated wings were $3.50/kg) followed by a warm salad of quinoa (leftover stuff from the last night) and cous cous, with seasoned roast onions and beetroot, red kidney beans, Danish feta, basil, roasted pine nuts and macadamias, and mixed with some Rocket and finished off with some lemon and cracked pepper.

Whoever said "you don't make friends with salad" has obviously never had my salads. This was pretty epic (I'd originally intended it to be chick peas rather than beans, but when I came home from the shops I realised we'd run out of chick peas).

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 1

Had a cheesy baked potato for breakfast and currently deciding on what's for lunch.

• Like 1

Possibly lasagna, but she won't tell me yet.

• Like 1

Baked potato with coconut oil, salt and pepper. Also two pieces of peanut butter toast.

• Like 1

Chicken in white wine sauce with mushrooms, tarragon, thyme and garlic- a rare treat for us around here since my sister is deathly allergic to alcohol but she's out of town right now. This will be served with brown rice, and roasted asparagus drizzled with white truffle oil and sprinkled with just a hint of my homemade lemon pepper seasoning.

• Like 2