Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's for dinner?

SpiritWriter

Grilled Cheese.

• Like 2

Velveeta Mac n cheese with chopped pieces of a baked potato mixed in. Yummy!

• Like 2

Gluten free pasta with coconut oil, pieces of baked potato, parmesian cheese and marinara sauce.

• Like 1

French Toast, Eggs, Bacon and Sausage.

• Like 2

Wife found a recipe for a dish with no name and cooked it up in the crocker last night. Has cream cheese, american cheese, spinach, diced tomatos and four cheese tortellini's. That was dinner last night, lunch today and oh my is it good! :clap:

• Like 1

Wife found a recipe for a dish with no name and cooked it up in the crocker last night. Has cream cheese, american cheese, spinach, diced tomatos and four cheese tortellini's. That was dinner last night, lunch today and oh my is it good! :clap:

"I rode through the kitchen on a dish with no name"

:whistle:

• Like 1

"I rode through the kitchen on a dish with no name"

:whistle:

But hey, " it felt good to get out of the rain". :D

Just finished another bowl of that tasty no-named dish. :lol:

Edit: told wifey about your quote and she burst out laughing.

Edited by StRoostifer
  • Like 1

LOL, cool.

<<<<<gluten! must have gluten! Lot's of gluten!

BTW, I don't even know what gluten is! :blush:

• Like 1

Fwiw, gluten is the protein found in wheat. I can be hard on some folks digestive systems.

Still thinking about what to fix for dinner. Might have to go after some more of that cheesy stuff.

• Like 1

Well it's not dinner but I made this and ate it. Caprese Salad with buffalo mozzerella cheese, Compari tomatoes, homegrown basil, freshly made balsamic vinegarette. Nom nom nom. I'm a good little Italian girl :P

34ssdts.jpg

And yes, it's dark in here because of the gloomy and rainy day :( Oh well...

• Like 3

Steamed vegies with a soy dressing and congee. I can't take any credit for this one since my brother and his partner were sole chefs, I just enjoyed the taste. Got lunch for work tomorrow sorted also with this :)

• Like 2

I made a bunch of food last night but I forgot to take pictures. I had help with getting the prime rib in and out of the oven but it was basically all my doing.

I made a roasted prime rib of boneless beef - rolled in a thick coating of salt and pepper and chopped finely flat-leaf parsley (so basically herb crusted) with a few small slivers of garlic inserted directly into the meat. Cook fat side up so it got nice and juicy to a medium to medium-rare temp.

Steamed light veggies with real butter - baby carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and snap peas just gently steamed until the rawness was gone.

I didn't make the potatoes I usually make with this because I'm cutting back on carb's but I usually would do a fingerling potato just boiled and smashed with a salted and herb butter mixture I make (<---really easy and good stuff!)

Hubby was satisfied and I could tell he was enjoying himself. When he doesn't talk while eating that means he likes it A LOT! :P

• Like 2

Tonight will be Maryland crabs, corn on the cob (with butter and old bay seasoning), and beer.

• Like 3

Tonight will be Maryland crabs, corn on the cob (with butter and old bay seasoning), and beer.

OMG Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm *passes out* That is one of my FAVORITES!!!!! Ahhhh. Now I want crabs. So good.

• Like 2

I had mackerel with salad and honey and mustard dressing and rhubarb and custard yoghurt for dessert, Yummy :)

• Like 2

Hamburgers, mashed spuds, apple cider, and rocky road ice cream.

• Like 1

Papa Murphy's Pizza.

I had a chicken breast from half a chicken that I bought which was already prepared. The bake beans and the squash I cut up and cooked. Very good meal.

• 4 weeks later...

i just had a Wendy's homestyle chicken sandwich, which i had them add cheese and bacon and extra lettuce to. alongside is an icy cold kokanee beer in a stay icy huggie!

Edited by JGirl

Tonights dinner is soup... What kind? sheesh, I dunno what to call it. I had some braising liquid from chicken in the freezer... diced fresh potatoes, some smoked ham from the freezer.. a bunch of herbs and spices. Add in a heap of frozen corn, dehydrated shredded sweet potato, dehydrated shredded carrot, and dehydrated shredded summer squash.. and a couple handfuls of flaked instant potatoes to thicken it. A splash of milk to cream it up and use up the milk before it goes bad.

This is getting served with seed bread- a hearty wheat bread I make with a lot of different seeds like poppy, sunflower, and pumpkin. And garden veggie salad leftover from the other night, which is a all raw salad of carrots, celery, cucumbers, green peppers, tomatoes, zuchinni, green and yellow snap beans dressed with a bit of Italian dressing, herbs, and salt. And pickled goodies, I got brussels sprouts, carrots, and I think some jardiniere in the fridge.

• Like 2

Grilled cheese sammich and bowl of sauerkraut with spinach.

• Like 2