Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's for dinner?

SpiritWriter

I'm growing weary of experimenting with refeeds lately, so I'm just doing a higher calorie day of my same usual foods and a little extra fat and carbs. 12oz chicken breast stir fried with peppers and mushrooms. Half a container of egg whites. Easy. I've eaten 3.69lbs of chicken today :lol:

Frozen casein protein drink before bed with Udo's Oil added. 

Edited by HandsomeGorilla
  • Like 2

Grilled hamburgers, turkey burgers and veggie burgers, spinach, artichoke and cheese stuffed mushroom caps, fresh corn on the cob, grilled pineapple.  

• Like 2

There's simply nothing like GOOD quality whole eggs with just salt and pepper. The yolks are just amazing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

There's simply nothing like GOOD quality whole eggs with just salt and pepper. The yolks are just amazing. 

I had roast Emu for dinner tonight, with Potato's, Green beans and Corn. If you have never eaten Emu, you have to try it is really good.

Peace

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I had roast Emu for dinner tonight, with Potato's, Green beans and Corn. If you have never eaten Emu, you have to try it is really good.

Emu is extremely expensive here. It has a very interesting micronutrient profile, however. I'd love to try it one day. Apparently it's somewhat similar to red meat. 

Edit: had to cook up three more eggs. Can't get enough. 

Edited by HandsomeGorilla
  • Like 2

Three more eggs, half an avocado with just salt and pepper. Lol I could eat this all day. And so far, I have. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Emu is extremely expensive here. It has a very interesting micronutrient profile, however. I'd love to try it one day. Apparently it's somewhat similar to red meat. 

Edit: had to cook up three more eggs. Can't get enough. 

Yes it is a little expensive here also, I don't eat it very often. Eggs are great also, I just try to stay away from the salt

Peace

• Like 2

Hubby made chicken fajitas, along with corn and black bean salsa, tortilla chips, mixed fresh fruit.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Peace

Can't say I have ever tried Emu.   I tend to buy what's local here, but I like to try new things.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tcgram said:

Hubby made chicken fajitas, along with corn and black bean salsa, tortilla chips, mixed fresh fruit.  

Gimme your husband for a week, I'm starving here! I promise to return him unharmed.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Peace

What does Emu taste like? Is there anything you can compare it to?

Just now, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Gimme your husband for a week, I'm starving here! I promise to return him unharmed.

He's a really good cook....you'll have those curves and then some!!    LOL 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tcgram said:

He's a really good cook....you'll have those curves and then some!!    LOL 

Here's wishing!

Anyway, I was really craving Eggs Benedict but the restaurant in my building is still closed. I tried making them myself, and long story short, had a smoothie for dinner.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Here's wishing!

Anyway, I was really craving Eggs Benedict but the restaurant in my building is still closed. I tried making them myself, and long story short, had a smoothie for dinner.

I've never attempted to make that, I don't tend to do well with creamy sauces.   They are usually too thick or too thin.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tcgram said:

I've never attempted to make that, I don't tend to do well with creamy sauces.   They are usually too thick or too thin.   

Too thick or too thin is not that bad compared to how mine would be described: Disgusting, worse than cat puke mixed with drano...

I tried making it from scratch, and blew it. Tried making it from a package and blew that too. So I put the entire meal out of its misery and tossed it into the bin.

The smoothie was good though, so that's something.

• Like 1

Been eating absolutely awful (and I mean Nutella French toast, donuts, snack cakes, pop tarts, cheesecake) thanks to my girl being upset with me because of something that was my fault, so I gotta get back on the wagon. Good news is that my body apparently needed the refeed (6 day refeed lol) because I look awesome lol 

Ground turkey with bell peppers and mushrooms, an avocado with salt and pepper and smoked salmon. 

• Like 1

I have some blanched and frozen green beans left over from last summer so I am going to make ham, green beans and potatoes for supper.   :) 

I must have just been refilling properly, I'm surprised my body was able to put up with that kind of abuse with no bloat or spillover lol

Anyway back on the wagon. Ground turkey breast, bell pepper, mushrooms, egg whites, lots of turmeric, lots of sea salt, lots of pepper. 

• Like 1

Sausage and mushroom pizza, cotton candy grapes.  I didn't feel like cooking tonight.   

Shredded beef tacos in the instant pot with cilantro, lettuce, sour cream, tomatoes.  

Philly Cheese steak sandwiches. Made with real Cheez Wiz!

Sauteed chunks of chicken breast, cut up peppers, sweet onion and fresh mushrooms, roasted potatoes, fresh grapes.   

Lean ground turkey with lots of turmeric, bell peppers, mushrooms, avocado. 

This morning, I had about 4 nutty buddies, 6 pop tarts, 4 donuts, 6 snack cakes and about 5 packs of those ****in goodass Fudge Stripe cookies. **** my life. I got a hold of this new strain, though, so I take no responsibility for any of this. 

It's pretty warm outside so we are trying our hand at making gazpacho for supper.   (I have a plan B in case no one likes it.)