Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's for dinner?

SpiritWriter

Me and housemate are trying Soy Vey Spicy n Sweet Chili Heat with chicken with, you guessed it, pineapple and bell peppers with low carb fajitas. Then splitting a carrot cake. Because **** it. 

• Like 2

Beef cube steaks in a mushroom sauce, 4 cheese rice, glazed carrots, cut up watermelon.   Homemade zucchini bread for dessert.  

Love homemade zucchini bread omg. And homemade banana but bread. Separate, not a combo... Although that sounds interesting... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Love homemade zucchini bread omg. And homemade banana but bread. Separate, not a combo... Although that sounds interesting... 

I looked it up, and there ARE recipes for banana zucchini bread.   I may have to make some of that next.  

Alright, I may need to give this a shot. Zucchini bread with some real butter is heavenly enough, as it is... 

• Like 1

Getting puffy :lol: @ 212lbs Nothing, just water. Pulling back carbs to lowish at 200g a day. Had eggs, avocado and Ezekiel bread for breakfast. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Down to 186, dropped a ton of water; more than I thought, honestly. Had a little cheat with my housemate last night, pizza, garlic knots and ice cream and a couple beers. Woke up tight as hell. Back on low carb. Tonight, lean pork tenderloin, bell pepper, mushrooms, a few pasture raised eggs all cooked in coconut oil. 

• Like 2

Since hubby got home from the hospital late, we had garlic butter pizza with grilled chicken and mushrooms.   

183, yikes. Modest carb, fat and sodium load with chicken breast, bell pepper, Jasmine rice cooked in chicken broth, mushrooms, avocado, six whole eggs cooked in plenty of butter and coconut oil. 

And cheese. 

Steaks on the grill, baked potatoes, sauteed peppers, onions and mushrooms.  Dutch apple pie for dessert.  

• Like 1

Continuing fat and sodium load to fill out a little, not many carbs today. Lots of whole pasture raised eggs, lots of avocado, chicken, cheese, all cooked in coconut oil and real butter. Oh and a jar of nut butter...giggity. 

• Like 1

Tonight for supper for me it's just cheeseburgers that I will cook on my outdoor grill, with a salad on the side.

Then for a snack tonight afterwards, I'll have a small container of blueberry yogurt.

Edited by MainerMikeBrown
  • Like 2

A large glass of fresh cranberry juice.

Two poached eggs. Two, baked in the oven cod fishcakes with some homemade mayonaise, and a large fresh rocket salad.

• Like 1

Beef chuck roast in the crockpot with sweet onion, potatoes and carrots.  

• Like 2

Few more carbs today. Chicken fried rice with avocado, pineapple, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers. 

And a little cheese on top lol

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tcgram said:

Beef chuck roast in the crockpot with sweet onion, potatoes and carrots.  

Probably my favorite meal of all time. 

• Like 1

Homemade potato soup, homemade cheesy bread, green apple sangrias.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tcgram said:

Homemade potato soup, homemade cheesy bread, green apple sangrias.   

Followed by my second favorite of all time... Plain and simple potato soup. Talk about memories...those are things dad would cook me as a kid. The crock pot roast, the potato soup. Things dad did for you to make you not feel like you were poor. 

Sorry, crying :lol:

13 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Followed by my second favorite of all time... Plain and simple potato soup. Talk about memories...those are things dad would cook me as a kid. The crock pot roast, the potato soup. Things dad did for you to make you not feel like you were poor. 

Sorry, crying :lol:

We grew up on potato soup, one of my comfort foods.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tcgram said:

We grew up on potato soup, one of my comfort foods.  

That, crock pot roast with carrots and potatoes, and a mish-mash of some type of protein. Another favorite was either stew beef or ground beef, stewed tomatoes, onions, whatever other vegetable all served over noodles. Dad had a Finnish word for it but it was basically just cheap, delicious slop lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

That, crock pot roast with carrots and potatoes, and a mish-mash of some type of protein. Another favorite was either stew beef or ground beef, stewed tomatoes, onions, whatever other vegetable all served over noodles. Dad had a Finnish word for it but it was basically just cheap, delicious slop lol

I actually didn't have pot roast very often growing up, only on a special occasion.  My mom stopped cooking a lot from scratch when my dad died, so I grew up with a lot of convenience foods.   When I got married my hubby and his side of the family made everything from scratch so I relearned how to cook and now I enjoy it.   

3 minutes ago, tcgram said:

I actually didn't have pot roast very often growing up, only on a special occasion.  My mom stopped cooking a lot from scratch when my dad died, so I grew up with a lot of convenience foods.   When I got married my hubby and his side of the family made everything from scratch so I relearned how to cook and now I enjoy it.   

Mom never cooked, dad was the passionate cook in the house and passed that on to me. It didn't matter how much money we had, he made sure we ate high brass and plenty of it. That's why I don't buy the "it's expensive to eat healthy" bull**** 

• Like 1

Chicken and mozzarella and 4 cheese tortellini with homemade pesto sauce, fruit.   :) 

Following up on the curry theme and trying to use up ingredients, so I curried up some chicken breast, bell peppers, onion, avocado on low carb tortillas. 

• Like 2