Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's for dinner?

SpiritWriter

Frijoles with red chile and elk meat.  And I used onions from the garden.  Banana bread with chocolate chips for desert.

• Like 1

Teresa (my wonderful wife) made one of my favorites.    Her one pan Chicken with Rice ..(with onion, rosemary, and thyme)   With peas.   Simple but Goooooood. 

• Like 2

Cod fish. 

• Like 2

Kinda same as last night, good stuff. Three pumpkin spice donuts earlier. 

I might do an old school pot roast, potatoes and carrots here soon. Cooler weather has me wanting comfort food already lol. My favorite meal growing up. A change in the weather has my inner foodie bursting at the seams. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Going to make homemade lasagna, tossed salad, garlic bread, fresh fruit.  

2 hours ago, tcgram said:

Going to make homemade lasagna, tossed salad, garlic bread, fresh fruit.  

Yum !     You make good healthy meals.    ..do you guys have a spare room?

• Like 1

I just asked T.....she says we can have pizza, if I make the dough.   Orr hot chicken sandwiches with mashed potatoes and gravy.:yes:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lightly said:

Yum !     You make good healthy meals.    ..do you guys have a spare room?

Unfortunately no but you can stop by for a home cooked meal!  

• Haha 1

Little carbup with plenty of fat in there, so some Publix cinnamon bread, natural honey peanut butter sugar free Raspberry preserves. Pretty damn amazing. 

• Like 1

After making homemade chicken nachos last night, we decided to splurge and have sandwiches from a local pizza restaurant, with salad and fruit.  

• Like 2

A tin of Highland broth soup, a couple of toasted, buttered, English muffins. A glass of fresh orange juice. A load of yogurt coated mini pretzels and a whole packet of dried mango pieces. 

Edited by Blue Star
  • Like 2

I'm going to try a new recipe; it's shredded cooked chicken mixed with mozzarella, cheddar and cream cheese, plus some garlic and onion powder, put into a crescent roll and baked.   I am also making sauteed baby bella mushrooms to go with it, sweet corn, and cotton candy grapes for dessert.  

• Like 2

Last day of this week for low carb, even though I feel great so may stretch it another day. Training is going great, just signed up to a new gym and loving it, but surprisingly not feeling very depleted. Tonight is an old favorite of thick cut, lean pork steaks with 'sweet and sour' peppers, a few whole eggs, a little avocado and cheese. Dessert, or whatever you call it, is Fage Greek Yogurt with blueberries and strawberries and sugar free chocolate syrup. Tomorrow evening marks the beginning of a couple days of higher calories and still can't figure out what I wanna do. Still thinking about a pot roast, carrots, onions and potatoes in the crock pot... 

• Like 2

Had breakfast for dinner tonight as i didn't wake till 5.pm.

A large fresh orange juice, a few rashes of streaky bacon, scrambled eggs and the last of the fresh English muffins, toasted, buttered.

• Like 2

Lean pork loin with bell pepper and mushrooms, stir fried in a little soy sauce, two whole eggs and an avocado. 

I don't know why pork loin never seems to sell? So it's always on sale and it can be as lean as chicken breast. And definitely a nice change up from chicken. 

• Like 3

We had chicken and mozzarella tortellini, along with some portabella mushroom ravioli in my homemade pesto sauce last night, along with a tossed salad with lots of veggies and garlic bread.   Tonight I am trying my hand at making chicken and dumplings, something I have not made in many years.   Wish me luck!   

• Like 2

17 hours ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Lean pork loin with bell pepper and mushrooms, stir fried in a little soy sauce, two whole eggs and an avocado. 

I don't know why pork loin never seems to sell? So it's always on sale and it can be as lean as chicken breast. And definitely a nice change up from chicken. 

Never tried the pork loin and veggies with soy sauce, sounds interesting.   We use pork loin with all kinds of veggies, bake it with apples, I also cut it up and cook with great northern beans.  

• Like 1

Spaghetti.

• Like 2

I made philly cheesesteak sliders, hubby made some homemade tater tots to go with it.   Ice cream sundaes for dessert or fruit.  

• Like 1

Grilled strip steaks, sauteed mushrooms in butter, sweet corn, baked potatoes with butter and sour cream, fresh pineapple and strawberries.  

• Like 1

Hamburgers. 

• Like 2

Well, they've started giving out candy at work now. You see, we keep pallets and pallets of it for the kids events. At the end (and during) you get way, way more than you could bargain for. Good stuff, reeses cups, cookies and cream Hersheys, regular Hersheys, kit Kats, Starbursts, air heads. 

I've accepted defeat and the fact that I'm pretty much ****ed for at least a month. 

Time to bulk, I guess... 

Boiled, Jumbo, smoked, hot dogs in brioche hot dog buns, slathered in American style mustard and tomato ketchup.

A large glass of chocolate and Almond milk, chilled.

• Like 1

Hubby made angel hair pasta tossed in a garlic/butter sauce with onion and spices, Sauteed chicken went into the sauce, then served over the pasta.  Tossed salad and fresh apples rounded out the meal.  

• Like 1