Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's for dinner?

SpiritWriter

thawed a rather large butt roast and have thrown it in the crock pot overnight on low. rubbed it down with a mesquite and coffee mixture and threw in a handful of pepperocinos. I will be pairing this with a homemade coleslaw and some hand cut steak fries. 

leftover pulled pork will be used in making some homemade taquitos

Edited by Overdueleaf
  • Like 4

On 9/24/2021 at 2:50 PM, dream jo said:

Frozen leftovers sausage potato and carrot and chips was a bit too hot ok

hot as is burnt my tongue hot.. or spicy hot? 

• Like 1

just got back from a nice walk around the beach at the state park, with dogs of course and my brother joined for a bit. When my brother left the old boy woo said he wanteed to walk some more so we took another path and stayed for 30more minutes. 

Not really feeling like cooking a big meal. For now I am snacking on olives and smoked cheeses and have cauliflower steaming so I can make creamy mashed cauliflower and will likely throw a few keilbasas in the air fryer. 

• Like 4

We had pancakes or toast, eggs and bacon.   Made out our menu for the rest of the week as I'm going to the store tomorrow to get our staples for the week.  :) 

• Like 4

Left over Chinese. 

• Like 4

Trying out a new recipe tonight, Chicken Hashbrown Casserole.   We will see how the kids like it.  

• Like 3

@tcgram please let us know how dinner turned out.

I am still debating on dinner on my end, doing some small scale canning at the moment...just 4 jars. Have some meat that needs canned and put up. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Overdueleaf said:

@tcgram please let us know how dinner turned out.

I am still debating on dinner on my end, doing some small scale canning at the moment...just 4 jars. Have some meat that needs canned and put up. 

It was kinda somewhere in the middle.  Not bad but not what I would call a hit for supper either.   I'll have to see what I can do to make it better.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@tcgram i typically will try a recipe 3 times to try and work out the kinks and make it better, if after 3 times i do not succeed I will scrap it for a good long while or all together. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Overdueleaf said:

well i over estimated the amount of meat... looked like there was more than there actually was ( i hear this is a problem)

but all in all the canning turned out well.

2 quarts of pulled pork and 1 pint of spicy chili

cannedmeat92721.jpg.e83a6306e15ffad2413a5363e6fba2b7.jpg

• Like 5

Hubby made pizzas with homemade dough, choice of pizza sauce or my homemade pesto, choice of grilled chicken, sauteed onion, roasted red peppers and sauteed mushrooms.   Chocolate fudge cake for dessert.    Awesome stuff!   :)  

Edited by tcgram
  • Like 3

Spaghetti with homemade sauce using tomatoes and onions from my garden.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Now that I've kinda got my breath and bearings....i will attempt dinner.

Creamy Tuscan chicken over noodles with roasted Brussels sprouts and a salad.

• Like 4

Strawberry kale salad with avocado, toasted pecans, crumbled goat cheese, thinly sliced red onion, and white balsamic vinaigrette.

Found the recipe online and made it all by myself! It was delicious.

Photo from the recipe.

onI7tUU.jpg?1

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Strawberry kale salad with avocado, toasted pecans, crumbled goat cheese, thinly sliced red onion, and white balsamic vinaigrette.

Found the recipe online and made it all by myself! It was delicious.

Photo from the recipe.

onI7tUU.jpg?1

Sounds delish!!

• Like 3

man, I love finding a really great, basic pizza 

if you're ever in the area, I'm right around the block from this amazing place. I'm judging them so far by their mushroom pizza and white pizza. perfect burn ratio on the crust, too; not too much, not too little. they're smallish at maybe 13-14" and about $20, but they're SO worth it. owned and operated by amazing people, too. tips are not accepted as they pay their employees a livable wage 

one caveat for some is that you can't dine in unless vaccinated. pickup is fine, though, masks required at all times 

https://www.ilfocolarepizzeria.com/

Edited by HandsomeGorilla
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i made a large batch (11 in total) of strombolis... though they are more like super big overstuffed hot pockets.. but way way better and lower carbs and a lower GI. 

i made chicken parm variety (it is my youngest sons fav)

spicy italian variety

and a new one that i think is my favorite... a chicken bacon broccoli alfredo damn good stuff.

All the extras, once cooled completely, will be carefully wrapped and frozen for grab n go meals. 

• Like 3

Cube Steak. 

• Like 4

Papa Murphy's Pizza. 

• Like 4