Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's for dinner?

SpiritWriter

after a long week, i was a bit tired and my son decided to treat me to some BWWs. He takes care of dinner when im tired and I am thankful for that

• Like 2

just got back from the grocery store

menu for the week, 

sausage gravy biscuits, scrambled eggs

chicken marsala, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, green beans

pizza

grilled stuffed burritos, rice and beans

creamy tuscan chicken, noodles, roasted asparagus

big fat salad loaded to the brim with all the good stuff.

• Like 2

Pizza.

• Like 1

Spaghetti and Garlic Bread.

• Like 1

i will confess, i did not feel like doing much for dinner, so plain greek yogurt, avocado, and some crackers it is

• Like 1

Tuna Sandwiches and Soup.

• Like 2

Shredded beef tacos in the instant pot, corn and black bean salsa, chips.  

• Like 1

On 7/14/2023 at 2:06 AM, Scholar4Truth said:

Spaghetti and Garlic Bread.

We had that earlier in the week as well. 

Since my son has a summer cold, I am going to make some homemade chicken noodle soup, with crackers and cheese.   Fresh rainier cherries for dessert.  

• Like 2

it is that time of week where i start putting together a menu, though i must say I am at a loss of what to cook, nothing sounds good and i have to keep in mind it must be something that can be prepped the day before as i do not get home until 930 most nights. 

• Like 2

Grilled Sausages with BBQ sauce, and Tomatoes with Cucumbers.

• Like 2

“Chicken cobbler” it’s a chicken bake/casserole with peas and carrots and topped with a cheddar bay biscuit mix.. 

• Like 2

Tonight it was leftover soup and peanut butter sandwiches.   Oranges for dessert.  

• Like 1

I finally got my menu for the week together:

Pork stew with sauteed mushrooms on the side as my son is not a fan of them (2 night meal)

chicken parmesean, creamy garlic noodles, roasted asparagus, carrots, and parsnips

burgers and fries

chili and grilled cheese (2 night meal)

• Like 1

When I was young and had kids I needed to keep healthy I would do crock pot meals.  Set them up in the morning before I left for work, and when we came home, dinner was ready.   I should do that now for my aunt, but she has no teeth (well she will finally get her bottom teeth in 2 weeks) and she is so picky.   It has gotten that I go to Wendy's every 3 or 4 days and buy 3 or 4 jr hamburger with only mayo, keep them in the fridge and give her one at night for dinner.  She won't eat anything else.   For lunch if she is not at the center I give her a frozen pasta meal (I buy the one with a little broccoli chopped up tiny) and she eats half, so now I cook it, put half in a container for the next day and give her half.  I eat cereal or a sandwich on the days I don't go to Wendy's.   I know it affects my energy, but there are not enough hours in the day to work full time and take care of a 90 year old and a house.   I think about when she gets her bottom teeth putting a chicken and vegetables in the crock pot sunday morning and we can eat that for a few days, we shall see if she will eat it.

• Like 2

Didn’t really feel like cooking a big meal so we had buffalo chicken sandwiches (Kroger sells thinly sliced, uffalo seasoned raw chicken that I fry up in a pan) and chips. 

• Like 3

Chicken salad on a croissant with carrots and celery.   Apple salad for dessert.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Overdueleaf said:

@tcgram  tell me more about this apple salad

It's apples, walnuts (or whatever you prefer) raisins, celery, mini marshmallows, sliced sweet red grapes and miracle whip.   Chop the apples, celery and walnuts, slice the red grapes in half.  Add the mini marshmallows (depending on who is eating it,  I lower the amount if it's just me), raisins and just enough miracle whip to hold things together.  Refrigerate for at least an hour but I like it done overnight so flavors mingle better.   

11 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

When I was young and had kids I needed to keep healthy I would do crock pot meals.  Set them up in the morning before I left for work, and when we came home, dinner was ready.   I should do that now for my aunt, but she has no teeth (well she will finally get her bottom teeth in 2 weeks) and she is so picky.   It has gotten that I go to Wendy's every 3 or 4 days and buy 3 or 4 jr hamburger with only mayo, keep them in the fridge and give her one at night for dinner.  She won't eat anything else.   For lunch if she is not at the center I give her a frozen pasta meal (I buy the one with a little broccoli chopped up tiny) and she eats half, so now I cook it, put half in a container for the next day and give her half.  I eat cereal or a sandwich on the days I don't go to Wendy's.   I know it affects my energy, but there are not enough hours in the day to work full time and take care of a 90 year old and a house.   I think about when she gets her bottom teeth putting a chicken and vegetables in the crock pot sunday morning and we can eat that for a few days, we shall see if she will eat it.

I hope that works out and you can do just that.   It sounds like you may need to do that for yourself.   Maybe cut the recipe in half or make half of it and put in an instant pot?   Just trying to think of ideas to get some good food in you as well.   :) 

• Thanks 1

I made myself Thai style beef salad and a tom yum soup tonight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tcgram said:

I hope that works out and you can do just that.   It sounds like you may need to do that for yourself.   Maybe cut the recipe in half or make half of it and put in an instant pot?   Just trying to think of ideas to get some good food in you as well.   :) 

I do have an instant pot (the expensive pampered chef one) that I have not used much.    I did find that it does not cook pinto beans very well, takes the same amount of time as the crock pot, even when I use the pressure cooker function.   But I may have done something wrong.   Confused the machine or something.   

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

Very tired so it's garlic parmesan wings, carrots and celery.   

• Like 1