Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's for dinner?

SpiritWriter

5 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Chicken fajitas...my habanero plants are doing amazing this year already, fermented habanero hot sauce really takes taste to a different level!

Bless the person who came up with "fermenting' mason jars...Awesome :tu:

We grew habaneros one year, made sauce with them and some of the best salsa.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

I always find your dishes interesting because you use a lot of home grown stuff in your recepies. 

I've always liked growing my own "flavor's"... peppers,herbs,and spices mostly now days,as fresh is way better than the dried ground up versions on store shelves.

Still grow tomatoes,i live in the South,it's mandatory :lol:

I was at the grocery store last night and walked past the veggie aisle...I would be embarrassed to sell what they were trying to pass off as Habaneros lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Chicken sandwiches and onion rings, oranges.  

• Like 4

Chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes and gravy, fresh sliced cucumber, fresh pineapple and a little bit of cheesecake filling with a couple of graham crackers for dessert.  

• Like 4

Chicken Piccata.

• Like 5

An Asian inspired rice noodle and chicken dish with some peas, carrots and onions mixed in and coated with a soy & chili garlic concoction. It’s tasty. We’ve got frozen yogurt pops or fresh blackberries for dessert. 

• Like 5

Ground beef stroganoff over mashed potatoes, fresh veggies, fresh fruit for dessert.  

• Like 5

My aunt got her bottom teeth today so I am hoping she will be able to eat pizza by saturday.   The dentist called me and let me know that she should not be eating anything difficult yet because it will take a few days for the soreness to heal.   

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

My aunt got her bottom teeth today so I am hoping she will be able to eat pizza by saturday.   The dentist called me and let me know that she should not be eating anything difficult yet because it will take a few days for the soreness to heal.   

I bet that is painful, I will be 65 in September and fortunately I still have all my teeth especially since my wisdom teeth are impacted.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, tcgram said:

Ground beef stroganoff over mashed potatoes, fresh veggies, fresh fruit for dessert.  

That sounds really tasty, you really have some mouth watering meal combinations that make me hungry!:tu:
My wife and I are going out to a Korean BQ restaurant. It’s really kinda cool, they cook your food right at the table for you. The meat consists of marinated thin sliced, Pork, Beef, and Chicken along with this there are approximately 10 side dishes of different types of vegetables along with bowls of rice which they refill during the meal if needed!:)

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I bet that is painful, I will be 65 in September and fortunately I still have all my teeth especially since my wisdom teeth are impacted.

You still have your wisdom teeth.  Wow.  They took all 3 of mine when I had a problem with one, one never came in.  But the army dentists were the best back then.  I still have all my other teeth at age 67.  Had my first root canal last year for a crown.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

You still have your wisdom teeth.  Wow.  They took all 3 of mine when I had a problem with one, one never came in.  But the army dentists were the best back then.  I still have all my other teeth at age 67.  Had my first root canal last year for a crown.

Mine are badly impacted, so even back then it would have serious surgery to remove them. So, the dentist told me it’s best to leave them in place because they can’t get any worst and more than likely they would never cause me any problems which was correct. I cracked and had a 18k gold crown placed upon a molar, and also sued a pizza parlor. I bit into a piece of pizza and there was a piece of metal in the dough. I am glad we ate in the restaurant that night, because if it was a delivery it would have been much harder to prove. That pizza cost Pizza Hut, $15,000, bet they didn’t make that mistake again!:yes:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Mine are badly impacted, so even back then it would have serious surgery to remove them. So, the dentist told me it’s best to leave them in place because they can’t get any worst and more than likely they would never cause me any problems which was correct. I cracked and had a 18k gold crown placed upon a molar, and also sued a pizza parlor. I bit into a piece of pizza and there was a piece of metal in the dough. I am glad we ate in the restaurant that night, because if it was a delivery it would have been much harder to prove. That pizza cost Pizza Hut, $15,000, bet they didn’t make that mistake again!:yes:

Wow.  I haven't been in a Pizza Hut for years, but not because of something like that, it was lack of cleanliness and bad service.

I think most of them have gone out of business in this town.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Wow.  I haven't been in a Pizza Hut for years, but not because of something like that, it was lack of cleanliness and bad service.

I think most of them have gone out of business in this town.

That happened almost 20 years ago, I was stationed at Ft. Lewis, Washington at the time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

That sounds really tasty, you really have some mouth watering meal combinations that make me hungry!:tu:
My wife and I are going out to a Korean BQ restaurant. It’s really kinda cool, they cook your food right at the table for you. The meat consists of marinated thin sliced, Pork, Beef, and Chicken along with this there are approximately 10 side dishes of different types of vegetables along with bowls of rice which they refill during the meal if needed!:)

I visited a Korean restaurant with my late hubby years ago.   We had the beef bulgogi, plus all the other veggies and such.   It was really good!    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I also made some shredded chicken in the instant pot for a taco bar at work tomorrow.   I didn't have the fire roasted tomatoes it called for so I used some black bean and corn salsa.   It's really good!!  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, tcgram said:

I visited a Korean restaurant with my late hubby years ago.   We had the beef bulgogi, plus all the other veggies and such.   It was really good!    

Yea, Korean food is pretty health eating and Bulgogi is a real good marinated beef dish. The thing that difficult for Americans is the way and the smell of some of the dishes and soup’s. Over the last 10 years living here Korean Food makes approximately 50% of my diet. Even here, since I am retired military I can purchase from the PX - Commissary and those stores are as big as any in the United States I seen.

Take Care Sister

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tcgram said:

I also made some shredded chicken in the instant pot for a taco bar at work tomorrow.   I didn't have the fire roasted tomatoes it called for so I used some black bean and corn salsa.   It's really good!!  

Man your kids to get great make!:tu:

• Like 1

kind of taking it easy this week and have made two meals that two night dinners. 

tonight was minestrone soup

chicken wraps and fruit

pork chops, mashed potatoes, green beans

chicken fajitas

spaghetti and salad

• Like 4

Decided to get creative and took the leftover Chicken Piccata and made it into a Pizza with Bacon and Ranch Dressing. Sort of my own version of a Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza, very good :yes:

• Like 4

Still feeling a bit under the weather so chicken noodle soup for supper.  

• Like 3

Stir fry veggies with chicken.   Fresh pineapple for dessert.  

• Like 3

Fish Sandwiches and Fries.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Going to make a ham and cheese quiche along with a tossed salad and fresh fruit.  

• Like 3

Had to revise supper since I wasn't feeling up to going to the store so we had ham and grilled cheese sandwiches with veggies and chips. 

Edited by tcgram
  • Like 3