Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dizziness around older objects

mnbutterfly

coins .... try old coins ... or something metal

So tonight I tried the experiment. My husband collects all kinds of books. We have a rather big library of books. He took out the older book from the 1920's. Then I grabbed one of the newer books I just recently bought for him. He blindfolded me. I was able to pick out the older book not once, but three times. Not only that I felt the need to open this book after I took my blindfold off. There were three pictures in this book that my husband did not know about. I guess one of his past relatives stuffed them in book. It was so, so weird, but it was kind of neat too. Never, ever could I imagine this would happen. Call it a coincidence maybe.. We will continue this test in the future and post updates on how this goes.

3 times out of how many? Also hold your breath or put a mask. I suspect you can smell old books, especially wood

The three times I tried. No, no smell.. I don't need a mask because I am not smelling a thing. Trust me if I was smelling this book I would say so. Well you clearly don't have to trust me, but I do trust me so I guess that's enough for me. Lol.

I do however think spirits can come to us in smells. Sure old items smell old and they smell like whatever they are made of. Spirits in my opinion can sometimes come to us in smells. For instance, one time I had printed off a photo of my grandpa and decided to decorate a frame for his picture. He loved to pass around polished rocks to everyone and I mean even strangers. So I decorated this frame with polished rocks because I knew it was something that he loved. Once I was done decorating it and getting ready to display it, I smelled smoke, like cigarette smoke coming from it. He was a smoker btw. There is a distinct difference between just smoke and cigarette smoke. It was definitely cigarette smoke. My husband was away in Iraq so it was just me and my son. I felt like that was his way of saying hi to me. I mean people could probably try to debunk this as much as they want and that is ok. As for me I knew in my mind it was him because sometimes it's just a feeling you know in your soul.

The three times I tried. No, no smell.. I don't need a mask because I am not smelling a thing. Trust me if I was smelling this book I would say so. Well you clearly don't have to trust me, but I do trust me so I guess that's enough for me. Lol.

Well, just try it... If you block all of your 5 human senses, what's remaining is the ultimate truth.

Ok sure, I will give it a go when my husband gets home.

break it to him gently ... you might freak him out ... :lol:

You may not be consciously smelling the old book on purpose but there may just be enuff subtle fumes from it for you to detect subconsciously. That's why you have to eliminate all possibilities...just in case type of thing.

I understand fully.. I think we will try this weekend instead. Maybe if the weather isn't too bad we will make a trip to the museum too.

Tonight we did something different. My husband took an old, old picture that we framed in a new picture frame. I did wear a mask as well (my sons). When picking which item I felt energy from I did hold my breath. My husband had his friend over tonight too. I did pick the older picture every time. My husband doesn't make it easy for me and he has tried to trick me so many times. The truth of the matter is you can trick a person when they feel real energy. Tonight, this was it for me, I trust myself and I know I can feel this energy. I don't care how crazy I may seem to non believers. I know the truth and to me that is all that matters.

• Like 2

Tonight we did something different. My husband took an old, old picture that we framed in a new picture frame. I did wear a mask as well (my sons). When picking which item I felt energy from I did hold my breath. My husband had his friend over tonight too. I did pick the older picture every time. My husband doesn't make it easy for me and he has tried to trick me so many times. The truth of the matter is you can trick a person when they feel real energy. Tonight, this was it for me, I trust myself and I know I can feel this energy. I don't care how crazy I may seem to non believers. I know the truth and to me that is all that matters.

Hey ... you know anything about the Mega PowerBall Jackpot ? :w00t:

This time, I think you need a scientific experiment (call a scientist so he can test you and a journalist). It will help us to understand better about our ability and eventually will make you famous.

Get in contact with the Amazing Randi. He's a famous american magician and psychic debunker who has a million dollar prize for anyone who can demonstrate their powers under controlled scientific conditions. He has debunked a lot of charlatans like the famous (or rather infamous) psychic uri geller. So if you can convince randi, then you're real...and a million dollars richer taboot.

Yessss do tell...do you have any numbers that you have been thinking about lately for me and third_eye??? :)

• Like 1

I didn't come on here asking anyone what to do. I just wanted to identify with someone. I wanted to know if anyone had experienced anything similar. I guess I got my answer on here anyway. Hope you all are having a good weekend and thanks for the feedback.

Because every psychic or person with an ability is famous right? Oh and most importantly they are famous because the whole world believes them just like the people on this feed believe me right? Thanks for the sarcasm and it was a bright start to my day.:P

I think it's neat that you have atleast been open to some "reasonable" suggestions. I am considered a "skeptic" but you didn't come here spouting off magic powers, just telling an interesting tale of some neat occurrences that you experience.

I offered a couple of smallish controls nothing "scientific" but stuff that could atleast narrow things abit, and you have taken that up. I don't think your intent posting here was to really "prove" anything but merely discuss, hence why I have "tempered" my skepticalness (<---is that a word?!)

Sorry if the others have come out with the "randi challenge" stuff, I am definitely guilty of such actions when the poster comes here boasting of special powers or warning us about summoning demons heh.

However, with the limited success you have had, you might want to consider (for your own interest only) some slightly tighter controls with items created in different mediums, So far it's pretty neat that you have been right on point being drawn to the older items, and I don't think you are "lying." The thread doesn't seem to have that kind of direction at all.

So don't be too upset by the others, our resident skeptics are more good than bad =)

• Like 1

One word of advice though ... don't take it too seriously .... never take this too seriously :no:

I am being serious here.

I try to temper my skepticism to how fragile I think the person reporting whatever the experience is may be. Skepticism is the correct response: a demand, "prove it," is always appropriate, and when they complain about not being believed at face value, I can get pointed in my views. However, sometimes I feel the person has loose screws; in those cases I stay away and let people with maybe more experience deal with it, as the person may be verging on mental problems.

The fact is we don't see all that much of that sort of thing here. I have yet to see a first-person abduction story, or a claim to be able to bend spoons. The ones we get seem more rational and more within the range of what might be credible (well, except for crop circles). Maybe its because they are more about ghosts, and I love a good ghost story.

I am not in the least bothered by the sarcasm I get when I am honest and post about my real experiences. I actually like most of the people here, but I don't think some want to "hear" the honest truth. I also don't expect anyone to believe me fully unless they have experienced something that they can't explain in anyway as well. I know why there are people out there that are afraid to talk about their unexplained experiences because they probably don't want to be made into some joke.

I have more than my fair share of the odd and ends of logic or lack of in my experiences, I've seen my fair share too.

I don't take it too seriously ... because I've known from a long time ago I cannot repeat it as and when I want, it drives you crazy, most times it just come out of the blue nowhere. I 'read' and 'feel' with a high degree of accuracy but not realising it, not trying to make it happen.

I've seen people taking things such as these a bit too seriously, they end up a bit strange to say the least.

Take things easy, be comfortable knowing as comfortable as not knowing.

483280_601644909863347_214211447_n.jpg