Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dizziness around older objects

mnbutterfly

I would rather stay open-minded and "crazy" because I think there are enough close minded people in this world. :tsu: Oh and I know better than to team up with a scientist. Scientists refuse to believe in anything that they can't explain.

Well lady buttrfly....shiz happens. There is little beyond that we can say.

I am a pretty logical guy....I generally join in the crowds of skeptics...I do not liike heresay....I want evidence.

I am....an ugly stepchild. I have experienced things that I cannot explain...but I have seriously sought logical answers....I have come to terms with being called crazy when I cannot

offer the requested info.....

I remember......I remember some of the most strange and odd scenarios....where people look to me for validation of reality......"Yeah, that did just happen"...

I am not going to offer solace or safety...the universe is weird that way. It gives and takes away for no appaent reason....

We are not terrible beasts.....we are humans looking to answer questions....no crime there.....but we must reconcile a few things.....who is in charge and why?...who said you were the boss? I can step away and explore all on my own...but working as a team is clever....

No one is in charge...if you have been sold on that you have invested in a liar....run...run away. We are not looking for personal power...if you are then you will die soon....we have your info....now **** and go away.....

I love my people....we love life.....we will win over death....We have a guarantee...

want6 to hurt and cause pain....well we have a place for that too.....final fantasy 11 I think....not sure.....you will suffer and pay....wealth loses very soon....

I would rather stay open-minded and "crazy" because I think there are enough close minded people in this world. :tsu: Oh and I know better than to team up with a scientist. Scientists refuse to believe in anything that they can't explain.

As opposed to accept it?

There was an article about a butterfly can release some kind of fragrance to attract another female butterfly from 1km away. Seems hard to believe but no myth nor super power, it's science.

In your case, you probably touch the old book, feel its heat/smell that you don't consciously know it.

Edited by FlyingAngel

LOL I was just being humorous with my sarcasm (hence the smily face icon) since you sounded a little uptight. But really, what sounds like skepticism from people is really just an honest effort to find the truth of the matter. For example...say you feel a funny sensation in your abdomen and you wonder, "oh oh, maybe my gall bladder is acting up" or " maybe it's my appendix" or (heaven forbid) "maybe I have a tumor". Doing home-made tests and self-examinations are not good enuff when what you really need an expert medical opinion from thorough medical examinations. Even your close friends would try to convince you to see a doctor in that case.

That is why (and of course it's completely up to you) you should leave this in the hands of a qualified examiner...like a scientist. A scientist doesn't want to "hide" the truth...au contraire...he just wants to be sure there are no other explanations that are getting in the way. Remember when religion claimed that the sun revolved around the earth? Science wasn't afraid to see the opposite. The same can be said with anything psychic...science would not be afraid of truth...even if it has a psychic element to it. Namely because "psychic energy" would now fall under a specific branch of science...just like quantum physics is a specific branch of science.

Actually us skeptics (well at least me) are really rooting for the first crack at real psychic powers being authenticated. That would really be AWESOME for science and the rest of the world to finally come to terms with something that incredible... instead of forever lurking in "twilight zone".

Anyway, hope that clears things up :)... ciao

I am not uptight, offended, upset, anything, just to make that clear. We will have to all agree to disagree on this one. I have seen scientists see evidence they couldn't truly explain, but still try to come up with some theoretical explanation. Not to mention, try to make a mockery of people like me. That isn't the route I want to go down. I am sure that is why others haven't gone through this.

What evidence are you talking about? If there's really an evidence of something unexplained examined by a scientist, it would be on the first page of Youtube.

PS: what you've seen through your eyes is not evidence

No, I have seen a few shows on t.v. I don't watch youtube. I have the science channel and a few similar channels. What I have seen with my eyes is evidence to me, maybe not to anyone else. I really don't care too much if anyone believes me and as I posted before I did not come here (to this page) to prove a single thing.

mnbuttterfly I understand to what you are saying, I have only ever felt energy from a piece of Volcanic Glass which I bought intramatically to say the least but can't find and can only find black obsidium now :(

But it was a really intense inner burning feeling in my hand, also like it was sinking into my hand.

I also get the euphoria feeling at certain places, talking about certain subjects and even meeting certain people.

But I'm not one to see auras, have had my picture taken with a whopping 3rd eye appearing but other than that bugger knows.

In my life of everything containing; unusual objects that are giving you a vibe was probally something from your pastlife bringing back a nestalgic feeling. Not that, that perticular item is yours but possibly owned similar and had a big impact of that life.

I agree with the others when it comes to the blindfold test. It might narrow it down to a catergory of item that some part of you is telling you is important.

• Like 2

Thank you Chopmo, that really made my day. I love hearing another person's perspective and really like that you have had an experience similar to mine. Thank you for sharing your experience.

instamatically**

It's no problems mnb,

It's a bit messy trying to describe something that shouldn't be technically thinking from what we say we know, but I have been brought up around this stuff and have ended up teaching myself everything else I could and learning everything my own body had to teach. At the end of the day it's not something I could open a class to, write a book about or anything like that but I believe in the old philosophers and their though process/es, something we abolished way many generations ago.

I would be more than happy to talk to you more about this and see if we can weed it out to a certain type of object, whether it be time, place, origin, use, personal, then give you my thoughts on what is happening.

A lot of this kind of thing is your subconcious regressing from a past life, but I can go into that come the time.

I am not in the least bothered by the sarcasm I get when I am honest and post about my real experiences. I actually like most of the people here, but I don't think some want to "hear" the honest truth. I also don't expect anyone to believe me fully unless they have experienced something that they can't explain in anyway as well. I know why there are people out there that are afraid to talk about their unexplained experiences because they probably don't want to be made into some joke.

First, it's not sarcasm, its skepticism. Sarcasm if it occurs is inappropriate, but we should always be skeptical of claims, just as you are skeptical of claims that some toothpaste is better than others.

Second, we all have unexplained experiences. I mark them down as unexplained and leave it at that. The world is full of events that are perfectly ordinary but take on an extraordinary appearance to us for one reason or another. I think some people are entirely too eager to think they are special and have special things happen to them. Maybe we all are special and maybe special things happen to all of us, but when they are unexplained, then they are unexplained and that's all that can be said.

Edited by Frank Merton
  • Like 1

Adam Scott’s high school yearbook quote foreshadowed what happened on Sunday at the Masters

Almost everyone is a completely different person as an adult than they were in high school. We dream of being actors or politicians or, ahem, writers but most of the time our paths take us elsewhere.

That doesn't seem to be the case with Adam Scott. The 2013 Masters winner made two incredibly clutch putts on the 72nd hole and second playoff hole to win his first major championship and while that might have been surprising, it wasn't for Scott.

Claude Harmon III tweeted out the above picture showing Scott in his high school yearbook, and while the picture is awkward and funny, it's the quote that is really incredible.

"If all else fails, birdie the last."

Scott did just that on Sunday at the Masters, and made history while following words he spoke decades ago.

link here

Maybe we should ask Mr Scott for some pointers ...

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/yrPlD0BRUiDYvsJWXp_n_A--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusgolfexperts/scottfacebook23.png

Edited by third_eye

Actually you don't have to knock on a prominent scientist's door proclaiming unusal powers if you don't think that you will be well received. Go slowly and build up a reputation. For example, go to a local university or college and ask if you can be tested by some students. I bet they would LOVE to have a science project like that! There's also a couple institutes for paranormal research (american institute for parapsychology, american society for psychical research) that would be eager to find something special in you and treat you with the utmost respect.

I don't mean to be pushy or anything...but if I found something unusual in me that I can ascertain with almost a 100% accuracy I wouldn't be nonchalant about it. It's kinda like finding a flying saucer in your backyard and just telling the neighbours about it lol.

Well it might be like the Peanuts cartoon where after saying, "Rain, rain, go away. Come again some other day" and having it abruptly stop raining, and then doing it again when it started raining again, and then a third time, he hides under the bed and asks, "They won't accuse me of witchcraft will they?"

*sighs* No I know the difference between sarcasm and skepticism. Frank Merton, I was given both in this thread. I don't think I am "special" and I never posted that I have something that someone else does not possess. I respect your opinion too, but I have my opinion on that. When I experience something unexplained, I don't want to leave it at that. Maybe I won't find an "answer", but I do keep an open mind to what it could possibly be.I think when it comes to these things we have to not just use our heads, but our senses, feelings. I am a full believer in intuition. Do I think that there are people out there that have their mind play tricks on them? Yes, but I think some of us know the difference and have the common sense to know the difference. I think common sense is hard to come by in this world along with intuition.

Mystic mind, I really don't wish to be anyone's project at this time. I am a full-time mother and really have no time for that. Also, realistically is this where psychics or people who have some kind of ability run to? I have never heard of that I guess.

• Like 1

*sighs* No I know the difference between sarcasm and skepticism. Frank Merton, I was given both in this thread. I don't think I am "special" and I never posted that I have something that someone else does not possess. I respect your opinion too, but I have my opinion on that. When I experience something unexplained, I don't want to leave it at that. Maybe I won't find an "answer", but I do keep an open mind to what it could possibly be.I think when it comes to these things we have to not just use our heads, but our senses, feelings. I am a full believer in intuition. Do I think that there are people out there that have their mind play tricks on them? Yes, but I think some of us know the difference and have the common sense to know the difference. I think common sense is hard to come by in this world along with intuition.

Mystic mind, I really don't wish to be anyone's project at this time. I am a full-time mother and really have no time for that. Also, realistically is this where psychics or people who have some kind of ability run to? I have never heard of that I guess.

we ol'hags worrisome much eh ? dearie ? :yes::sk

So what will you do when you got "special power" ? Make everyone forget like an old book in a shelf? You need to spread your power and talent to the world!

I am not saying this is a psychic ability or anything, but has anyone experienced anything like this before? This happens when I am around older objects. I know it sounds a little crazy. Lol. I also think I can feel another person's energy. I usually determine within a few minutes of meeting them what kind of person they are. Sometimes a person's energy can make me sick. I appreciate any responses and I love this page. It is so refreshing to know there are open minded people out there.

I can relate to what you experience, in a way. Ever since I was grade school age, I too have had a sensitivity in museums. As a child my school went to the local art museum and I always hated to go, I would feel so weird, like I was overwhelmed with emotions and would end up with a headache or feeling nauseous.

I still get strong feelings from art and artifacts.

It is not constant thing but intermittent. Modern art sometimes is the worst for me, as sometimes I sense a lot of anger, even if a painting is labeled “Happy Days”. I’ve also felt a strong feeling, when an artifact was labeled as depicting a battle or war or struggle, that it was the exact opposite.

However, my experience differs from yours in that I’ve never felt anything from a book, or just any old object per say. I get mine from art which is supposed to evoke strong feelings and ancient artifacts which were the “way of expression” of the people. So I just feel I am overly sensitive to the artists’ intentions, is all. And accept I could be very wrong in my personal interpretation.

Art evokes all kinds of feelings and sensations, that is why we value it so much. So while I don’t find my experiences beyond the explainable, I can relate to what you are feeling, as my sensations can be very powerful.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

First, it's not sarcasm, its skepticism. Sarcasm if it occurs is inappropriate, but we should always be skeptical of claims, just as you are skeptical of claims that some toothpaste is better than others.

Second, we all have unexplained experiences. I mark them down as unexplained and leave it at that. The world is full of events that are perfectly ordinary but take on an extraordinary appearance to us for one reason or another. I think some people are entirely too eager to think they are special and have special things happen to them. Maybe we all are special and maybe special things happen to all of us, but when they are unexplained, then they are unexplained and that's all that can be said.

Frank that's why I put it to something cherished by your soul in a past life not a superpower or something of the same genre but more so nestalga for the inner being. I know not all believe in the reoccuring circle of life, but for me I do and that's how I see it. I don't think any physical will lay nest to it's new home lol but it'll probally be something that weirdly comforts you when you have an unexplainable emotion.

I don't know but when I find myself with that weird energy/euphoria feeling it helps me realise the beauty still exists in the world covered in phecies.

644357_10151556214240708_2074136090_n.jpg

within and without

"Mystic mind, I really don't wish to be anyone's project at this time. I am a full-time mother and really have no time for that. Also, realistically is this where psychics or people who have some kind of ability run to? I have never heard of that I guess."

I understand. It's a personal choice. But I was just thinking about the amount of curiosity you have in wanting to know more about what you think you may have. I know I'd be curious as hell. As for those institiutes, they do a lot of testing on regular people with hopefully strict scientific controls. Psychokinesis (ability to move objects) is commonly tested in those places. But so far nothing unusual has emerged that has gathered world attention. It's like the seti institute (search for extraterrestial intelligence)....still searching.

Not sure how your everyday tv psychic like sylvia browne or john edwards would fare in these labs. But they're not really interested in proving anything to science...they're making too much money from people like you and me.

I am not saying this is a psychic ability or anything, but has anyone experienced anything like this before? This happens when I am around older objects. I know it sounds a little crazy. Lol. I also think I can feel another person's energy. I usually determine within a few minutes of meeting them what kind of person they are. Sometimes a person's energy can make me sick. I appreciate any responses and I love this page. It is so refreshing to know there are open minded people out there.

get used to it. i know that it can made people sick.oh well that's normal when u just step into a new era. not all can feel that but some do. only that it made me weak more frequently than usual.