Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Help from some photo knowledgeable people.

Tia

Hi,

These shots were sent to me from a relative as I'm known as the weird one. His mate has surveillance cameras set up around his house and motion sensor lights. I'm still waiting back for more info from him. At first I thought bug but then I thought a bug wouldn't show that 'tail?' and it also wouldn't trigger a camera from that distance but then who knows.

Hopefully someone can give me an explanation so I can pass it on, don't mind the date and time are out too.

5c_zpsce0fa87c.jpg

5b_zps50b5e5db.jpg

It looks like a meteor, especially with the debris in the tail but a meteor wouldn't trip a motion sensor. It could also be lights on a roof. LOL. Hard to tell with such poor quality and without a daylight shot.

Edited by Merc14

It could be just me, seeing thing's, but to me it does look like there is a person between the fence and the foliage, which would trip the motion sensor

I have outlined where...

There also seem's to be a shadow of the person on the fence, which would backup my theory of there being a person there

post-132279-0-33144800-1365424869_thumb.

• Like 1

I think a person on their property would be more of a problem then a bug or whatever, after all you don't set up these systems and check them out unless you're worried about uninvited visitors.

It's late here but I'll txt tomorrow and see if there's anymore info.

Are the photos you uploaded taken of a monitor? Can you upload the original photos? Quality is horrible :(

Would be good to see the same image during the day which may explain the strange light at the top of the image. Also, anything could have set off the camera, a small animal or even the wind blowing the bush on the right. I don't see anything on the fence apart from the shadow of the bush.

Thanks for sharing

• Like 1

It could be just me, seeing thing's, but to me it does look like there is a person between the fence and the foliage, which would trip the motion sensor

I have outlined where...

There also seem's to be a shadow of the person on the fence, which would backup my theory of there being a person there

post-132279-0-33144800-1365424869_thumb.

That's what I first thought the psot was about until I read it. lol

It's a still from one of the security cameras they have running 24/7. I don't know them personally, a relative sent it to me.

It's a still from one of the security cameras they have running 24/7. I don't know them personally, a relative sent it to me.

With a better quality image it would be much easier to tell.

To me though, it just looks like a bug flying past. High exposure settings due to the darkness, the blotches of light along the trail could be from the winds beating.

• Like 1

It looks like a rose bush stick to me. ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have to ask why the tilted one.. can't they actually capture the images properly? Then we can see the actual data rather than what looks like a cellphone snapshot off a bad screen..

Anyway, at a guess and with my reasons..

1. It seems to be blurred, both from motion (see next item) and from being close to the lens (although the whole image is very blurred)

2. These cameras often use slow shutter speeds at night, so something traveling at a moderate speed (eg moth..) close to the camera will traverse a long *angular* distance in a single (interlaced?) frame.

3. There are fairly regular brighter spots in the 'trail' (if that is what it is) - could be brighter areas of the wings being at an angle to catch the IR light from either a nearby light or the camera's LEDs..

So my guess is an insect. I am reminded of the scammers Jose Escamilla and Santiago Ytturia (aka Free Spirit) and their attempt to milk money out of the ridiculous 'Rods' fiasco - this looks rather similar... I can think of other things that might cause the effect - however without better footage... and how's about some frames immediately before and after? If they are serious about getting this looked at, they need to put a bit more effort in..

Frankly I'd be very surprised if this isn't a frequent occurrence - is this the first time that anyone has seriously examined the night's footage, perhaps?

I see nothing other than two jumbled night vision images of two plants.

Is there a day light angle?

• Like 1

So my guess is an insect. I am reminded of the scammers Jose Escamilla and Santiago Ytturia (aka Free Spirit) and their attempt to milk money out of the ridiculous 'Rods' fiasco

I was gonna say it looks a bit like the 'skyfish' photos I've seen before which turned out to be insects being capture on video with relatively long exposure times per frame.

SkyFish.JPG

But with only one blurry pic of a single frame that looks like it was snapped of a TV or monitor display, it's hard to say much really. I'd like to see a daytime pic taken from the same angle and perhaps and frames just before and after the pic in the OP.

Edited by Archimedes

Thanks for the info guys, and no they don't show the images to others, they are not out to make money from it.

I actually got to meet the guy quickly on ANZAC Day and found out they weren't around when the images were caught, and they have 2 massive bull mastiffs in their back yard (this is their backyard) they also have a camera out the front.

I think if anything they are a bit spooked by some of the stuff they capture at times but no they are most definitely straight, quiet people.

I'll ask my brother if there are any plants as he is their friend other wise I'll let them know bug. I truly think they'd love an ordinary explanation.

• 2 weeks later...

5c_zpsce0fa87c.jpg

5b_zps50b5e5db.jpg

Well, I have to say I was stumped for all of about 20 seconds. It's obviously not a meteor. Then I looked closer under the object "streak" and if you look close you can see what appear to be light and dark patches, as well as a light patch intersecting the top of the fence. What you have here is back light reflecting off the top portion of a van. I'm not the best at identifying automobiles, but I'm sure someone with intimate knowledge can identify the window pattern and provide you with the make and model.

Rain gutter is a possibility, maybe there was one of those automatic lights that come on if something moves in the vicinity and the plastic reflected it, could have been a car passing by or a light from another house, would be good to know the surroundings of the garden.

Well, I have to say I was stumped for all of about 20 seconds. It's obviously not a meteor. Then I looked closer under the object "streak" and if you look close you can see what appear to be light and dark patches, as well as a light patch intersecting the top of the fence. What you have here is back light reflecting off the top portion of a van. I'm not the best at identifying automobiles, but I'm sure someone with intimate knowledge can identify the window pattern and provide you with the make and model.

Damn.....Good job, I see it now.

:nw:

Wow, that's a pretty good observation!

I would definitely agree with mr. Kahn, i would bet it is a manmade object passing right beyond the fence. In future, it would be wise to also post along also pictures of the same area in daylight if possible from same angle, it helps a lot to identify logical explanations.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It looks like a closethline to me, the kind that is just a pole with arms.If the wind caught it and made it spin it could set off the motion sensor.

Can I reiterate what Amalthe posted - I'd LOVE to see a daylight image from the same camera, same angle, so we can see what is behind that fence and what angle we are actually looking at. I'd also love to see another image taken, giving a wider view for that entire scene, from behind the camera's location.

I'm happy to provide instructions on how to do that if needed, but I somehow suspect that Tia will meet with significant resistance to any further investigation as the pic's owners very likely already know what it is... I'll be delighted to be proven wrong, though..

Some very good possibilities have been posted, btw - well done team UM!

Hi,

These shots were sent to me from a relative as I'm known as the weird one. His mate has surveillance cameras set up around his house and motion sensor lights. I'm still waiting back for more info from him. At first I thought bug but then I thought a bug wouldn't show that 'tail?' and it also wouldn't trigger a camera from that distance but then who knows.

Hopefully someone can give me an explanation so I can pass it on, don't mind the date and time are out too.

5c_zpsce0fa87c.jpg

5b_zps50b5e5db.jpg

so if its a surveillance camera, surely its video? If so, seeing the clip will make things better, but to be honest, I see nothing anomalous at all, tho if pushed to look at what you describe as having a tail, Id put my money on something mundane like a box van roof, or guttering from another building, as someone else here said. As its a night-shot with a possible IR camera, then you have to understand IR cams make lots of things 'glow'

Im wondering why your friends will aim the cam above the fence to start with, as its motion sensor will be continuously set off with whatever passes, wont it? And if its not aimed above the fence, then whatever is in the pic had nothing to do with the motion sensors

eta: As this is posted in the ghosts section I thought youd want to bring the attention to what someone else posted looks like a face next to the shrubs on the right?

Edited by seeder

I think most likely lights from something hitting the fence. Either from a house or a car passing. Was the image there for a while did it move?