Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

House of Horrors Abortion Clinic

OverSword

Abortions should be always medically-safe and legal for any reason that the pregnant deems appropriate and necessary, ... at any time in the pregnancy. Viability is shady grounds. She should be able to end the pregnancy at any time.

I totally disagree. There must be a set time in the pregnancy that a woman can no longer abort. I propose you look into a 8.5 month old and how done it is.

Edited by Myles
  • Like 2

How did you arrive at that conclusion? It's not uncommon for a baby to be born prematurely, with complications, and survive. What do you deem to be the standards for viability?

What conclusion?

Premature infants that are wanted are thusly cared for to great expense to the parent. I don't have standards for viability, for I think a woman could walk away from the pregnancy at any time during gestation. Medical society does have viability standards. I suggest you review them.

Edited by regeneratia

I totally disagree. There must be a set time in the pregnancy that a woman can no longer abort. I propose you look into 8.5 months into a pregnancy and how they baby is.

There really is set time in pregancy that it is no longer considered an abortion but rather a premature birth. Either way, the woman should be able to end the pregnancy at any time in gestation she so desires.

That's a shockingly realistic concept...

There is a lot of similarity between a pregnancy and cancer.

Look up trophoblast.

You guys start another thread. This one is about a serial killer.

• Like 4

Boy I am sitting on the fence regarding this man. He is almost as bad at those strange people who bomb abortion clinics and shoot Dr.s and nurses.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 1

What Gosnell did is just beyond horrifying. The guy and the people who helped him, were some VERY sick people. He kept infants FEET in JARS! Who does that?!

• Like 1

What conclusion?

Premature infants that are wanted are thusly cared for to great expense to the parent. I don't have standards for viability, for I think a woman could walk away from the pregnancy at any time during gestation. Medical society does have viability standards. I suggest you review them.

I refer to your conclusion: "Viability is shady grounds."

vi·a·ble

[vahy-uh-buhthinsp.pngthinsp.pngl]

adjective

1. capable of living.

2. Physiology .

a. physically fitted to live.

b. (of a fetus) having reached such a stage of development as to be capable of living, under normal conditions, outside the uterus.

I don't know what "normal conditions" are considered to be, or what degree of intervention is required. My concern is that we will get to a point at which the "fetus" can be aborted as long as the umbilical cord is uncut.

Edited by J. K.
  • Like 2

There really is set time in pregancy that it is no longer considered an abortion but rather a premature birth. Either way, the woman should be able to end the pregnancy at any time in gestation she so desires.

I don't agree.

• Like 1

I have some chickens. A couple times a year I incubate some eggs. Most hatch, some do not. Sometimes one will get its beak through the shell and be chirping. Sometimes their body may be positioned in such a way that they cannot use their legs well enough to put pressure on the shell. If they don't crack through the shell, I help them out. If I would take a hammer to it instead, I would consider that killing that chick. I also could not bring myself to do it. It's alive and formed. It's just in the shell.

Thought maybe this was appropriate again.

• Like 2

Under no circumstances whatsoever should a man prevent the pregnant from getting an abortion if she so chooses.

I'm not arguing with you, you're far too passionate, but I'd like to add something. Men who try and prevent an abortion of their child ought to be given some credit. It shows he's willing to go all in with the woman and take care of the kid. I'd guess that there are abortions happening only because the man failed the test when asked if he was ok with aborting. The woman then loses confidence and aborts the baby. Basically, a man who doesn't try and prevent the abortion of his own kid isn't much different than one who runs away if she doesn't abort. If I got my fiancé pregnant and she wanted to abort you would say I have no right whatsoever to try and talk her into keeping it? Where is the integrity in that? A real man would encourage her to bore their child.

• Like 2

Under no circumstances whatsoever should a man prevent the pregnant from getting an abortion if she so chooses.

If my SO chose to kill our unborn child, I would walk through the flames of Hell to stop her. Believe that.

• Like 2

I'm not arguing with you, you're far too passionate, but I'd like to add something. Men who try and prevent an abortion of their child ought to be given some credit. It shows he's willing to go all in with the woman and take care of the kid. I'd guess that there are abortions happening only because the man failed the test when asked if he was ok with aborting. The woman then loses confidence and aborts the baby. Basically, a man who doesn't try and prevent the abortion of his own kid isn't much different than one who runs away if she doesn't abort. If I got my fiancé pregnant and she wanted to abort you would say I have no right whatsoever to try and talk her into keeping it? Where is the integrity in that? A real man would encourage her to bore their child.

I agree with you. Why should the mother have the final say on whether or not the child lives? The child inherited traits from both parents. Yet, the child is a separate third entity. He or she is not just a part of the mother. The child is a person with their own traits, part of which come from the father. The mother should have a right to control her own body, but the developing child is not a part of her body. It's a separate entity residing in the womb, not an appendix.

• Like 2

Boy I am sitting on the fence regarding this man. He is almost as bad at those strange people who bomb abortion clinics and shoot Dr.s and nurses.

p*** poor analogy. There has been what, 5 of these murders in the last decade and they were all committed by fringe people, all of whom were subsequently convicted of murder. The left certainly has their share of fringe/weird people (see Occupy Whatever and Nancy Peliosi). Your "hero" is being tried for as many murders all by his lonesome. Just as a sidebar, are you a parent by any chance?

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

Check out: http://news.yahoo.com/gosnell-acquitted-feminist-argues-abortion-doc-released-trial-231047662.html

Gosnell Should Be Acquitted’: Feminist Argues That Abortion Doc Should Be Released, Trial Is a ‘Sham’ — But It’s Not What You Think

There's at least one feminist out there openly arguing against Dr. Kermit Gosnell's murder trial. In an op-ed published today on Live Action News, Kristen Walker Hatten writes, "I say we acquit him," of the now-infamous abortion doctor.

You may already feel your blood boiling at the prospect, but Hatten has some unique stances -- ideas that the pro-choice side of the isle will patently reject. And her call for acquittal likely isn't what you'd expect. At the center of her arguments is the notion that abortion laws often spawn schizophrenic legal ramifications.

In this March 8, 2010 photo, Dr. Kermit Gosnell is seen during an interview with the Philadelphia Daily News at his attorney's office in Philadelphia. (Photo: Philadelphia Daily News, Yong Kim.)

We'll let the pro-lifer, who embraces a "righteous, virtuous, intelligent and moral" form of feminism (she's a member of New Wave Feminists for Life), explain why she's pushing for a Gosnell acquittal:

There is nothing more disgusting about pulling a baby out and killing her than there is about sticking an instrument into the womb and killing her. Why is it worse if she's a foot away? Is the difference location? Should a few feet of space be the difference between "perfectly legal" and "first degree murder?"

It's preposterous. The whole trial is kind of a sham. Let him go. If it's legal a few feet to the left inside the womb, then why not just let it be legal a few feet to the right outside the womb?

Let him go. You know what, drop the charges. If I were the prosecuting attorney I'd say, "We thought about it, and we decided, y'know, if it's legal over here, then why not let it be legal over there? If it's legal at 24.5 weeks, then what the hell is the difference at 25 weeks? Or 33 weeks? Or a couple days after birth?"

Also Read: http://www.lifenews.com/2013/05/02/why-grisly-abortion-practitioner-kermit-gosnell-should-be-acquitted/

Do we condemn Kermit Gosnell for committing abortions in a filthy, slovenly, contaminated manner? If we do, are we saying it’s okay to kill babies if you use clean instruments and don’t accidentally perforate the uterus? Is it okay to abort lots of black babies if you’re just as nice to the black mothers as you are to the white? Is it okay to kill children as long as they’re not a certain size or a certain age?

This is what the pro-abortion people are saying when they condemn Kermit Gosnell. It’s not what he did that’s the problem; it’s how he did it. It makes them look bad. They hate looking bad.

But some pro-lifers are doing the same thing. I’ve been doing it, too. We want the world to see what abortion is so badly that we’ve made a figurehead of evil out of Gosnell, when in reality he is absolutely a logical outcome of abortion law in the United States

Letting Kermit Gosnell go might show the citizens of this country how utterly schizophrenic are their attitudes toward abortion.

Try having a conversation with a pro-choice person. It’ll probably go something like this sample conversation, which I’ve had some version of about 400 times.

Pro-Choice Person: I’m pro-choice. I believe in a woman’s right to choose.

Me: Okay, so you think a woman should be able to go in and get an abortion the month before she’s due?

PCP: Give me a break, of course not!

Me: Why not?

PCP: Because… I mean… it’s a baby by then.

Me: When does it become a baby?

PCP: Well… I mean… it can feel pain by then.

Me: So it would be ok to kill me if you anesthetized me first?

PCP: Of course not, but you’re a person.

Me: When did I become a person?

• Like 1

She made great points. She pointed out the problems with both logic and morality. They're the twin elephants in the abortion room. It's impossible for some of us to ignore them.

• Like 1

Don`t even want to go there, read so much of how years ago they wanted to have a right to live action for these poor little babies. A nurse testifyed after a abortion, they as nurses had to hold and comfort the babies until they died and then were just thown in the trash, heart breaking:(

• Like 1

Don`t even want to go there, read so much of how years ago they wanted to have a right to live action for these poor little babies. A nurse testifyed after a abortion, they as nurses had to hold and comfort the babies until they died and then were just thown in the trash, heart breaking:(

Imagine if they did that to a 35-year-old. What's the difference?

• Like 1

She made great points. She pointed out the problems with both logic and morality. They're the twin elephants in the abortion room. It's impossible for some of us to ignore them.

Yep, she does make some great points.

I know. I remember watching in CCD (catechism class) a video on abortion, and they explain HOW they kill the baby, and how they just throw their little bodies in the trash can....It's ******* APPALLING!

Those images have stayed with me all my life. If MORE people knew HOW abortions were performed, and saw the pics of the dead babies, they wouldn't be so pro-choice. Trust me.

• Like 3

When I was in middle school we had to do a report, but it was a topic of our choice. I did mine on abortion and I was horrified by what I learned. I knew I would never be able to bring myself to have one.

• Like 1

When I was in middle school we had to do a report, but it was a topic of our choice. I did mine on abortion and I was horrified by what I learned. I knew I would never be able to bring myself to have one.

I know what you mean. I don't think I could ever have an abortion.

• Like 1