Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My Dream

SpiritWriter

I was sitting in some sort of cafe in what seemed to be an impoverished town. There were no walls to the cafe, it had a roof but it was open to the outside. The man behind the counter was talking to another customer and mentioned the name Sylvester, which is my cat's name. Something came over me and I jumped up and ran out of the cafe. I started running down the street in urgency. As I was running I said to myself, whats wrong with you, why are you running down the street like something's wrong, just because someone said Sylvester.. your going crazy. So I slowed down, feeling dumb for reacting the way I had but then I noticed a black and white cat off to my left, down a little dirt path, near some water. The cat was covered in dirt and his hair was much shorter than normal but I knew it was Sylvester. I went over to him and noticed that all four of his paws had been cut off! ;( I wondered who had done this to him and imagined what it must have looked like when it happened. I was incredibly sad for my cat. His stubs were not bleeding but looked like gristle. I picked him up, he was very dirty and carried him like a baby. I realized that my instincts had been correct even though they had seemed unreasonable. I imagined taking him home and washing him up and what it would be like taking care of him with out any feet. It was really sad and an unusual dream for me.

Sylvester is my outside 'still mostly ferrel' cat....

20130215_152647_zpsd546734a.jpg

• Like 1

Yuck!!! That's a little disturbing SW.

I see why you named him Sylvester

Sylvester-the-Cat-warner-brothers-animation-30976215-315-391.jpg

• Like 1

Dreams can be so weird and disturbing. Wonder what makes us dream some of the things that we do. Which some of my dreams I know what they come from but others are a mystery.

• Like 1

I was sitting in some sort of cafe in what seemed to be an impoverished town. There were no walls to the cafe, it had a roof but it was open to the outside. The man behind the counter was talking to another customer and mentioned the name Sylvester, which is my cat's name. Something came over me and I jumped up and ran out of the cafe. I started running down the street in urgency. As I was running I said to myself, whats wrong with you, why are you running down the street like something's wrong, just because someone said Sylvester.. your going crazy. So I slowed down, feeling dumb for reacting the way I had but then I noticed a black and white cat off to my left, down a little dirt path, near some water. The cat was covered in dirt and his hair was much shorter than normal but I knew it was Sylvester. I went over to him and noticed that all four of his paws had been cut off! ;( I wondered who had done this to him and imagined what it must have looked like when it happened. I was incredibly sad for my cat. His stubs were not bleeding but looked like gristle. I picked him up, he was very dirty and carried him like a baby. I realized that my instincts had been correct even though they had seemed unreasonable. I imagined taking him home and washing him up and what it would be like taking care of him with out any feet. It was really sad and an unusual dream for me.

its not that hard ...

the paws are your fear... immobile cat , the cat that can not move with out your help ... dirty= bad behavior or flawed/sick/unclean history .... the water is emotions or emotional depths ....

you want to save your cat , and your cat is not being saved because it is beyond your control ... you want it to behave , and feel bad that you have to remove its freedom to do this .

good news , the cat is better at surviving than you are . so relax, feed the cat , and let it be a cat .

• Like 1

Your dream is of feeling to critical, cattiness to others in the past, that your trying to feel better about.

Edited by docyabut2

:cry:
  • Like 1

Your dream is of feeling to critical, cattiness to others in the past, that your trying to feel better about.

No I dont think so.. I think its a fear of some kind or the potential of harm, or harm already been done to something I take care of.

its not that hard ...

the paws are your fear... immobile cat , the cat that can not move with out your help ... dirty= bad behavior or flawed/sick/unclean history .... the water is emotions or emotional depths ....

you want to save your cat , and your cat is not being saved because it is beyond your control ... you want it to behave , and feel bad that you have to remove its freedom to do this .

good news , the cat is better at surviving than you are . so relax, feed the cat , and let it be a cat .

I agree with part.. but not the part about taking away the cats freedom. Its possible the cat represents something else, or a combo of things.

:(

Our dreams sometimes like to explore possible futures to prepare our reactions to the the things that are close to us. I have dreamt many times about makeing bad mistakes with my children or losing my wife. it's our way of preparing for possible future events and how we will react.

If anything it shows your love for your pet.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 2

The fact that your cat was immobilised, I think has to do with your emotions. I think you might feel stuck about a decision you need to make or incapable of making a move in the direction you want to take. There is a sense of urgency, you may feel that an opportunity will be missed or that you will be too late to try something new. You held your cat like a baby, you need to give this care to yourself and your dreams, let them fly, the world is your oyster - you were in an open cafe, no walls - that speaks of freedom, you are free to follow your dreams.

• Like 1

No I dont think so.. I think its a fear of some kind or the potential of harm, or harm already been done to something I take care of.

Maybe not, but I going by Edgar Cayce `s dream book of which I `ve learn how to figure out all my dreams.Dreams are feelings or suggestions projected into pictures.Sometimes really distorted.Cayce said when you dream of being inside a house or building that means self.

Cats means cattiness. He gave a exsample of a women that dreamed she was sweeping out cats with broom out of her house.He said that was the cleaning out of the cattinness in her life, of which we all feel about ourselves sometimes.Only you can figure out what your feelings were at the time of the dream, or what you were concern about that day to have that dream.

Oh wow, I've woken up from dreams that seemed so real that I was crying. If I ever had a dream like yours, about my pets, I'd be hysterical.

• Like 1

:(

Our dreams sometimes like to explore possible futures to prepare our reactions to the the things that are close to us. I have dreamt many times about makeing bad mistakes with my children or losing my wife. it's our way of preparing for possible future events and how we will react.

If anything it shows your love for your pet.

oh dear... this is so much better than what i said.... i want this to be what i said...

errr... well what i said was good too... but not as good as that...

Maybe not, but I going by Edgar Cayce `s dream book of which I `ve learn how to figure out all my dreams.Dreams are feelings or suggestions projected into pictures.Sometimes really distorted.Cayce said when you dream of being inside a house or building that means self.

Cats means cattiness. He gave a exsample of a women that dreamed she was sweeping out cats with broom out of her house.He said that was the cleaning out of the cattinness in her life, of which we all feel about ourselves sometimes.Only you can figure out what your feelings were at the time of the dream, or what you were concern about that day to have that dream.

For me cats dont mean cattiness... I know this for myself.. but thank you. We all have our own symbols, though they may overlap sometimes, in this case the cat doesn't represent what that book says.

Well it turns out my dog got really sick, she potentially has something called Addison's Disease. She is very lethargic, she isnt eating and barely moving.. she is a Jack Russel and normally very hyper active. Literally she's been having to be held for comfort for the last two days. My daughter had recently, just like two days before I had this dream, changed one of her characters in her story to Addison. Same spelling as the disease. It was an unusual dream.. I think it may have a psychic connection to this...

Well it turns out my dog got really sick, she potentially has something called Addison's Disease. She is very lethargic, she isnt eating and barely moving.. she is a Jack Russel and normally very hyper active. Literally she's been having to be held for comfort for the last two days. My daughter had recently, just like two days before I had this dream, changed one of her characters in her story to Addison. Same spelling as the disease. It was an unusual dream.. I think it may have a psychic connection to this...

Well Addisons disease is treatable, which is positive, apparently it will help if you keep her stress free; Wiki link;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addison%27s_disease_in_canines

But Im sure you will have been there or somewhere similar..All the best and I hope she recovers OK...Pets can be a worry.. :cat:

Well Addisons disease is treatable, which is positive, apparently it will help if you keep her stress free; Wiki link;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addison%27s_disease_in_canines

But Im sure you will have been there or somewhere similar..All the best and I hope she recovers OK...Pets can be a worry.. :cat:

Yeah we get the results today. If so, she will be on medicine for the rest of her life. She is so weak now its scary...

So yes, its confirmed, she has addisons disease but at least we know what it is and how to treat it. On our way to recovery!

• Like 2