Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Revoke Obamas Peace Prize

OverSword

I posted this under the "other world news" section because it concerns the world not just the USA or the nobel committee.

From the artice:

The Nobel Peace Prize that President Obama received 40 months ago has emerged as the most appalling Orwellian award of this century. No, war is not peace. George Carlin used to riff about oxymorons like “jumbo shrimp,” “genuine imitation,” “political science” and “military intelligence.” But humor is of the gallows sort when we consider the absurdity and tragedy of the world’s most important peace prize honoring the world’s top war maker.

This week, a challenge has begun with the launch of a petition urging the Norwegian Nobel Committee to revoke Obama’s Peace Prize. By midnight of the first day, nearly 10,000 people had signed. The online petition simply tells the Nobel committee: “I urge you to rescind the Nobel Peace Prize that was awarded to Barack Obama.”

Click the link in the txt above to sign the petition. Beyond what I've pasted here are comments of some of the many signees.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-growing-campaign-to-revoke-obamas-nobel-peace-prize/5329659

• Like 8

I posted this under the "other world news" section because it concerns the world not just the USA or the nobel committee.

From the artice:

The Nobel Peace Prize that President Obama received 40 months ago has emerged as the most appalling Orwellian award of this century. No, war is not peace. George Carlin used to riff about oxymorons like “jumbo shrimp,” “genuine imitation,” “political science” and “military intelligence.” But humor is of the gallows sort when we consider the absurdity and tragedy of the world’s most important peace prize honoring the world’s top war maker.

This week, a challenge has begun with the launch of a petition urging the Norwegian Nobel Committee to revoke Obama’s Peace Prize. By midnight of the first day, nearly 10,000 people had signed. The online petition simply tells the Nobel committee: “I urge you to rescind the Nobel Peace Prize that was awarded to Barack Obama.”

Click the link in the txt above to sign the petition. Beyond what I've pasted here are comments of some of the many signees.

http://www.globalres...e-prize/5329659

Along with the one that was awarded to the EEC I might add.

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 4

"Barack Obama is the only Nobel Peace Prize recipient to have a hit list."

[a comment on the U.S. overseas predator drone program, substantially escalated since the Bush administration.

President Obama is reported to personally approva all drone kills, before they take place.]

• Like 5

They gave one to Yasser Arafat, for God's sake, and Al Gore of all people. The Peace Prize has been an leftist absurdity for decades and I expect it will get worse as time goes on.

• Like 8

It does not mean anything, i can think of other worse people who have peace prizes.

• Like 2

Also "U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta announced on September 21, 2012 that the 33,000 additional U.S. troops that President Barack Obama had sent to Afghanistan in 2010 to counter the Taliban attacks have left the country.[85][86][87][88] A phased withdrawal plan was developed where 10,000 troops would leave Afghanistan by July 2011 and the remaining 23,000 would leave Afghanistan by the end of September 2012. The removal of the 23,000 U.S. troops began in July 2012.[4] In a statement announcing an end to the surge Panetta stated:

"As we reflect on this moment, it is an opportunity to recognize that the surge accomplished its objectives of reversing Taliban momentum on the battlefield, and dramatically increased the size and capability of the Afghan National Security Forces (ANSF). This growth has allowed us and our ISAF Coalition partners to begin the process of transition to Afghan security lead, which will soon extend across every province and more than 75 percent of the Afghan population. At the same time, we have struck enormous blows against al Qaeda’s leadership, consistent with our core goal of disrupting, dismantling and defeating al Qaeda and denying it a safe-haven."

Once the United States and its allies agreed on the timing for the shift in the Afghanistan mission — under which American troops would step away from the lead combat role to a supporting mission focused primarily on counterterrorism and training Afghan security forces (according to the 2012 NATO Chicago Summit this shift is planned for the middle of 2013 (see section above)) — the Obama administration must decide exactly when the remaining 68,000 troops will come home according to the New York Times.[89] In September 2012 the United States withdrew then the last of the 33,000 “surge” forces from Afghanistan that President Obama ordered in West Point 2009 to try to bring the Afghanistan war under control. With the reduction over the next two years of the remaining 68,000 American troops, the top American and NATO commander in Afghanistan would lead a force that is to operate from fewer bases and will train Afghan forces to take the lead in combat.[5]"

This I agree with. He has done nothing worthy of an award.

• Like 5

It does not mean anything, i can think of other worse people who have peace prizes.

Not worse people but more undeserving. I names one that is as undeserving, Al Gore and a truly eveil guy, Yasser Arafat. What names do you have?

• Like 2

Can a Nobel Peace Prize, once awarded by committee, be rescinded? Has it eveer been done? I don't know.

But, I too found it rather shocking that he was awarded, even though I actually have little against him.

Not being a big follower of politics, I don't even know under what specific grounds he was awarded.

• Like 3

Not worse people but more undeserving. I names one that is as undeserving, Al Gore and a truly eveil guy, Yasser Arafat. What names do you have?

European Union LOL

Can a Nobel Peace Prize, once awarded by committee, be rescinded? Has it eveer been done? I don't know.

But, I too found it rather shocking that he was awarded, even though I actually have little against him.

Not being a big follower of politics, I don't even know under what specific grounds he was awarded.

It would have to be something like the Hague to revoke something like that

• Like 1

Here is a list of all the Nobel Peace Prize winners since it started. Seems like they are getting less picky all the time to whom they give it to.

All Nobel Peace Prizes

• Like 6

Let's be candid here.

The nascent President Obama was given his Nobel Peace Prize for being not President Bush (younger).

The award was rather more a finger in Bush's eye than a pat on Obama's back.

The Nobel Committee can probably do anything it wishes, including rescind.

But to do so would undermine its own authority; so would be unlikely to, without overpowering reason; mass-child-molestation for example.

• Like 3

I see that thug Mandela's on the list. What did he get his award for - getting rid of old car tyres?

• Like 4

Holy mother of monkey's milk!! There are already 17,953 signatures on the petition!

I think they should take the Nobel Prize from Obama and give it to Willie Nelson....

• Like 2

Holy mother of monkey's milk!! There are already 17,953 signatures on the petition!

I think they should take the Nobel Prize from Obama and give it to Willie Nelson....

....or Bob Dylan

• Like 1

They gave one to Yasser Arafat, for God's sake, and Al Gore of all people. The Peace Prize has been an leftist absurdity for decades and I expect it will get worse as time goes on.

Did you hear about Irena Sendlerowa, who was a runner up to Al Gore?!

This is what she did: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irena_Sendler

It's disgrace to humanity that Al Gore got the Nobel Peace price instead of her.

• Like 7

"thug Mandela's" ew

Mandela is an inspirational figure.

He's surely less a thug than the barbarians that imprisoned him.

And for him to have endured roughly a quarter century of demeaning imprisonment, and then arise from that, spirit unbroken, to become the nation's leader,

and to preside without vengeance; it's absolutely inspirational.

"thug Mandela's" ew

ignorance

This is what she did: http://en.wikipedia....i/Irena_Sendler

It's disgrace to humanity that Al Gore got the Nobel Peace price instead of her.

Wow! Irena was an AMAZING person!

Irena Sendler (née Krzyżanowska, also referred to as Irena Sendlerowa in Poland, Nom de guerre Jolanta; 15 February 1910 – 12 May 2008)[1] was a Polish Roman Catholic nurse/social worker who served in the Polish Underground during World War II, and as head of children's section of Żegota,[2][3] an underground resistance organization in German-occupied Warsaw. Assisted by some two dozen other Żegota members, Sendler smuggled some 2,500 Jewish children out of the Warsaw Ghetto and then provided them with false identity documents and with housing outside the Ghetto, saving those children during the Holocaust.[4]

The Nazis eventually discovered her activities, tortured her, and sentenced her to death, but she managed to evade execution and survive the war. In 1965, Sendler was recognized by the State of Israel as a Righteous among the Nations. Late in life she was awarded Poland's highest honor for her wartime humanitarian efforts. She appears on a silver 2009 Polish commemorative coin honoring some of the Polish Righteous among the Nations.

And she's Polish!! :tsu:

• Like 2

It was in the days of wine and roses. The whole darned world was going gaga over this guy. It was actually a little spooky to me. But everyone (except his base) soon got the message of what Mr Obama is about. I have wondered alternately if the man is just inept or if he is sinister. I'm no economist but it seems to me he is TRYING to crash our economy and the economy of the world... with unbridled spending of fiat currency. I doubt the committee would ever admit a mistake and rescind an award but if ever a candidate existed - this is the one.
  • Like 3

Anyone seen this before:

[media=]

[/media]

Erm.........What?

Wow! Irena was an AMAZING person!

And she's Polish!! :tsu:

Definitely, she should have been awarded with something for it, like hmmm let me think... A Noble peace prize? lol

Everyone should strive to be as great as her though. :tu:

It was in the days of wine and roses. The whole darned world was going gaga over this guy. It was actually a little spooky to me. But everyone (except his base) soon got the message of what Mr Obama is about. I have wondered alternately if the man is just inept or if he is sinister. I'm no economist but it seems to me he is TRYING to crash our economy and the economy of the world... with unbridled spending of fiat currency. I doubt the committee would ever admit a mistake and rescind an award but if ever a candidate existed - this is the one.

He's just a front man in my opinion, they wanted a black guy as well to make him seem less harmless. Like the first black president thing. Such a shame the first black president wasn't someone with more moral fiber.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 2

This is what she did: http://en.wikipedia....i/Irena_Sendler

I believe I saw a movie about her years ago. Very brave lady!

This all sttles it for me. The nobel prize for peace is nothing but a meaningless joke more about furthering agendas than actual peace or courage.

• Like 2

I believe I saw a movie about her years ago. Very brave lady!

This all sttles it for me. The nobel prize for peace is nothing but a meaningless joke more about furthering agendas than actual peace or courage.

A movie?! OH I didn't know there was one. I'll have to look for it.

I agree, it was what settled it for me as well.

For not being George W. Bush.

Gordon brown was gutted, I can tell you, at not being given one for not being Tony Blair.

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh
  • Like 2

In 1961, Mandela was the founder of Umkhonto we Siswe (”Spear of the People”), ANC’s terrorist arm, and never during all the time he was in prison did he condemn that organization’s acts of indiscriminate terrorism against civilians.

Mandela and the ANC learned from Yasir Arafat how to ‘discipline’ collaborators and make sure people toed the party line.

These included ‘necklacing’(putting a gasoline soaked tire over the victims head to bind their arms and setting it on fire, burning families in their homes in Soweto, operating what amounted to a protection racket among black South African businessmen and torturing dissidents at ANC gulags in Angola, something even Mandela has admitted occurred,although he’s never apologized or regretted it.

Mandela was also responsible for signing off on the Church Street bombing in Pretoria 1983,which killed 19 and wounded more than 200, mostly families in a busy shopping street at rush hour. The commander of that operation was Abu Bakr Ismail, a PLO terrorist.

The problem is that Mandela achieved next to nothing in his relatively short political career which saw South Africa

rapidly decline to the status of the world's most violent and crime-ridden country. To add to the confusion, is the

fact that his greatest friends were communists and Muslim dictators like Fidel Castro, Moammar Qaddafi, Yasser Arafat

and Saddam Hussein. His ex-wife Winnie Mandela, whom he quickly jettisoned when it became clear she was a

considerable embarrassment to his political career, was a self-confessed advocate of terrorism and violence, and has even

committed murder. In his public statements and speeches Mandela was always critical of the democratic countries of the west, but had nothing but praise for the remaining communist and Muslim dictatorships of the world. He condemned mistakes and controversial policies of the west, but refused to publicly condemn the genocides and brutal repression of current or former communist countries; he was supposedly a “champion of freedom and democracy”, the “hero of oppressed people everywhere” but considered

dictatorships like Cuba and Libya shining beacons of freedom and justice..

Mandela is an inspirational figure.

He's surely less a thug than the barbarians that imprisoned him.

And for him to have endured roughly a quarter century of demeaning imprisonment, and then arise from that, spirit unbroken, to become the nation's leader,

and to preside without vengeance; it's absolutely inspirational.

Gullibility

• Like 4

He's just a front man in my opinion, they wanted a black guy as well to make him seem less harmless. Like the first black president thing. Such a shame the first black president wasn't someone with more moral fiber.

Obama isn't 'black' - he's mixed-race! How convenient it is for the trendies to airbrush out his white half like it's something to be ashamed of! (Mind you I'm beginning to believe that these days, it is!)

• Like 2