Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

We will become Nomads of the universe

MR.Blueprint

When this planet runs out of resources or gets wiped out by an catastrophic event

we will conquer the universe and we will become nomads of the universe

we will travel in space stoping on different planets at different times of their orbit where we can survive.

• Like 1

Kinda confused if you are saying this is what you think or telling is what will happen.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

The way it is looking right now.... If this planet is wiped out by a catastrophic event... so are we...

if we have the capability to travel to the stars, then we have the capability to deter almost all events that could exterminate us,

or render our planet unsuitable for life... Only a planetary death caused by the sun expanding to engulf us, would be beyond our ability to stop...

• Like 3

Interesting idea. I often find myself thinking about what will become of us in the far distant future. This is one of the better possibilities. Since the distances and therefore the time it takes to travel to distant star systems are so vast. Do you think that we would send off different groups of humans to different star systems (so as not to put all our eggs in one basket) or do you think we would find one star system that was able to support us, and everyone would go there, then live there until we exhausted the resources of that planet and continue to move on?

What about the possibility that we might choose to travel to a different planet, but it takes soo long to get there, that within the thousands to perhaps millions of years of travel time to get there, we evolve to live in space, and thus become a true space-dwelling civilization, mining asteroids/barren planetoids with little gravity, and creating everything else we need to survive using nuclear power/fusion/anti-matter/energy from the stars?

• Like 1

I think we might cause the death of this planet long before we have the ability to travel to the stars if things don't change.

• Like 4

I think we might cause the death of this planet long before we have the ability to travel to the stars if things don't change.

Yes. That about sums it up.

• Like 1

Interesting idea. I often find myself thinking about what will become of us in the far distant future. This is one of the better possibilities. Since the distances and therefore the time it takes to travel to distant star systems are so vast. Do you think that we would send off different groups of humans to different star systems (so as not to put all our eggs in one basket) or do you think we would find one star system that was able to support us, and everyone would go there, then live there until we exhausted the resources of that planet and continue to move on?

What about the possibility that we might choose to travel to a different planet, but it takes soo long to get there, that within the thousands to perhaps millions of years of travel time to get there, we evolve to live in space, and thus become a true space-dwelling civilization, mining asteroids/barren planetoids with little gravity, and creating everything else we need to survive using nuclear power/fusion/anti-matter/energy from the stars?

our population will be drastically smaller than

some planets will already have stations on them

but again

we will only be able to live on these station certain time of the planet's orbit

our first settlement will be on a planet that is prolly locked in rotation so a very small porpotion of the of it will stay livable the whole year

it will become overcrowded

we will have explore team living in space looking for new planets to live on

so yeas it will be like tow groups

1 the settler living on a small portion of a planet prolly women and kids

2.the explorers looking for nw planets to live on

after the first settlement becomes un liveble prolly due resources running out the first settlers will migrate to the next planet that has been scouted out by the explorer before hand

we will live on different planets any where from 3 months to 500max years.

Edited by MR.Blueprint

i dont think so because technology is making more ppl more smarter

we will evolve to not be as violent and more smarter

like the golden age

we are confused and dont understand our self and the world we live in

Edited by MR.Blueprint
  • Like 1

Kinda confused if you are saying this is what you think or telling is what will happen.

trying to give it like an old philosopher feel

say it like somebody like aristotle would say it

• Like 1

When this planet runs out of resources or gets wiped out by an catastrophic event

we will travel in space stoping on different planets at different times of their orbit where we can survive.

I love how you think the human species cant be taken out of the picture by ANYTHING :tu:

Wouldn't it be better to do this BEFORE the planet gets wiped out by a catastrophic event. I suspect that it will be a little difficult to achieve afterwards.

• Like 9

trying to give it like an old philosopher feel

say it like somebody like aristotle would say it

I got you.

I don't think we will get off this planet though if soemthing bad happens soon. We should be doing more for space exploration instead of fighting each other. I would love to see a United International space program where we all work together and strive for our future.. That's my opinion.

Unfortunately, I disagree technology is definitely not making more ppl more smarter

I wonder how one clearly defines "smarter"

If it's access to information, we clearly have more of that now.

If it's the maturity of utilizing that information, it becomes another issue, as different people "internally perceive" information differently.

It would take a few thousand years using current technology,hopefully if we survive long enough as a species we come up with the means to travel beyond our solar system.

I would probably agree for the majority of mankind (or whatever we'll be called then). After generations in space traveling here and there, we're bound to adapt to low gravity. So it seems likely that many would chose to remain in space (the only home they had ever known), rather then go down the gravity well to some hostile deadly planetary surface. Probably there will be a gigantic number of these space people and a much smaller number of planet people.

• Like 2

I saw this full length cartoon once where this happened.

But really we as a species have to learn to cooperate and work towards a common good before anything such as that becomes realistic.

Edited by AsteroidX

I saw this full length cartoon once where this happened.

Titan AE?

220px-Titan_AE_One_Sheet.jpg

• Like 1

Thats the one DC. :tu:

I love how you think the human species cant be taken out of the picture by ANYTHING :tu:

yes i based this on how we started off as species

we were nomads trying to survive no matter what ..

staying anywhere we could

I would probably agree for the majority of mankind (or whatever we'll be called then). After generations in space traveling here and there, we're bound to adapt to low gravity. So it seems likely that many would chose to remain in space (the only home they had ever known), rather then go down the gravity well to some hostile deadly planetary surface. Probably there will be a gigantic number of these space people and a much smaller number of planet people.

idk space travel will be hard on humans

you prolly be sleep most of it

and then cruise around after you wake at your destination

Low gravity is hard on humans, but mostly it is because we eventually have to come back. If people did not have to come back, the drawbacks would not be so very great. Short term this is an engineering issue, but long term it would be a biological issue.

But, you are right that even if we put out a ship with the very best technology we can come up with... cost be damned... it would still take 20 to 100 years to get to the nearest stars. It will happen, it just might not be soon.

i dont think so because technology is making more ppl more smarter

we will evolve to not be as violent and more smarter

like the golden age

we are confused and dont understand our self and the world we live in

Although technology has made us smarter in ways it's also made a lot of people extremely dependent on it. So I see technology as a double edged sword

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x

Although technology has made us smarter in ways it's also made a lot of people extremely dependent on it. So I see technology as a double edged sword

Personnally I think it has made us Dumber in a lot of ways. People have troubles remembering the freaking PIN number for 2 or 3 cards. When the ancient peoples with Oral traditions used to pass down entire Encyclopedias of knowledge by word of mouth alone.

The Bible was passed along orally for like 100 years and then when they found the Dead Sea Scrolls they found that much of it was accurately passed down.

The Druids and Irish Bards used to know hundreds or thousands of songs and ceremonys.

Today people need their phone to remember the numbers of their 10 closest friends.

• Like 2

Personnally I think it has made us Dumber in a lot of ways. People have troubles remembering the freaking PIN number for 2 or 3 cards. When the ancient peoples with Oral traditions used to pass down entire Encyclopedias of knowledge by word of mouth alone.

The Bible was passed along orally for like 100 years and then when they found the Dead Sea Scrolls they found that much of it was accurately passed down.

The Druids and Irish Bards used to know hundreds or thousands of songs and ceremonys.

Today people need their phone to remember the numbers of their 10 closest friends.

Yeah I highly agree, It seems like today when some technology is down like no cell phone signal people go ape ****

• Like 1