Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the worst thing you can do to a man?

manbearpigg

I think betrayal is the worst thing men or women could do to each other. Women value loyalty as much as men.

seems to me there are 2 very definite answers and yet many are calling it relative.

rape and betrayal.

however i was looking for more scientific answers, some "dels" (unit) of pain if you will.

being burned alive, crucifixion upside down, OLDBOY (korean movie),

there are so much more creative answers that add together both physical and mental aspects of pain in a cocktail of abuse.

please people, show me what you got in that head of yours.

I think the worst thing that can happen to us happens all the time -- people suffer and die and we are helpless to do anything.

i believe this only constitutes as pain for people who educate themselves and are aware of the misfortunes all around us. (out of the cave so to speak)

meaning for most of us.... its not pain since we don't care or know.

Even Dante's Inferno refers to betrayal in 'The ninth circle: treachery'.

haha Dante also believes that a frozen hell is worse than a burning inferno... in which i say nay.

Solitary confinement for the rest of life?

Now that sounds pretty good to me, no more ID 10 T'S to deal with, heaven!!!

What would cause the most physical pain, and mental anguish to a person?

I think to give someone a truth they didn't want to acknowledge.

So for example people might say hurting their family(or whatever)but it would be the truth of the event and not wanting to acknowledge that it has occurred that would cause the most pain I think.

Edited by Kazahel

Ignore them. Humans want to be noticed. That's why babies and toddlers have tantrums. That's why bad publicity can be better than no publicity.

Serve him quiche!

Would that be with the smoke detector timer system or without?

• Like 1

The death of my 17 year old son is the most pain i have ever experienced. Nothing else in life even compares.

I'm sorry for your pain, man. No death is comparable to another, but I've lost a loved one as well, and I've felt that pain.

• Like 1

It is inconsiderate to mention one's own tragedies just after others have done so, but in this case I can't hold back. We knew my wife was dying -- it was a long affair where we knew what would happen from the beginning. She had good care and little discomfort, or at least she hid it well. I had thought I was ready.

The reality is not something one can be ready for, and the saying that time heals is not completely true. It leaves scars.

So I would put being alone after having had a life partner for many years on the list.

The death of my 17 year old son is the most pain i have ever experienced. Nothing else in life even compares.

Very sorry for your loss, I have a very good friend that lost her 21 year old son in an unexplained car accident a few years back. I can still see her pain and could never fathom the thought of losing a child of my own (grown or not).

It is inconsiderate to mention one's own tragedies just after others have done so, but in this case I can't hold back. We knew my wife was dying -- it was a long affair where we knew what would happen from the beginning. She had good care and little discomfort, or at least she hid it well. I had thought I was ready.

The reality is not something one can be ready for, and the saying that time heals is not completely true. It leaves scars.

So I would put being alone after having had a life partner for many years on the list.

So sorry to hear about your tragedy Frank. I do have to agree with you about your 'time heals' statement. It never really does heal when you lose someone you love.

Disloyalty probably covers most of the harshest things. Men value loyalty a lot.

I would say that one applies to me A LOT

• Like 1

I have no idea... if I had to guess it would be to take away his ability to succeed.

I have no idea... if I had to guess it would be to take away his ability to succeed.

....and then berating him for being a loser. It happens all the time.

• Like 4

I prey every day to avoid such a thing. My heart goes out to you.

A Parent should NEVER have to bury there offspring, its not right.

Hearts is with you :)

• Like 2

....and then berating him for being a loser. It happens all the time.

Some conservative celebrities and pundits do this. This is coming from someone who has many conservative views. I call them like I see them. It's wrong to kick people when they're down through no fault of their own.

• Like 1

Yes another Bruce Lee quote,sorry one of my favorite philosophers :tu:

"Our sense of power is more vivid when we break a man's spirit than when we win his heart,for we can win a man's heart one day and lose it the next.But when we break a proud spirit,we achieve something that is final and absolute" Bruce Lee

Just from a fighters perspective i have seen the second part in action,it is amazing when your in the middle rounds of a close fight,only one can leave with a win.All the training,all the focus,everything you revolved your whole world around for 3 months and everything hangs in the balance....Then your opponent gives you their best shots...nothing!Starts trying to distract you and get you off your game plan,you make them pay for it....It is an amazing moment in a weird sort of way,but you can look into someones eyes and tell,you have broken them.You have taken away 3 months of their life and then you finish it!

No disrespect to the others on here who have listed losing loved ones my condolences,we have all been in that place before.

Just figured i would give a different example,i have had a few losses myself,and i am a very competitive person.A loss can either ruin you or make you come back twice as hard,after eating away at you for months till your next fight.

• Like 1

Steal his pride.(He's just bought a new car and is very proud of it, then you say what a load of Jap crap). you will never be forgiven.

• Like 1

Steal his pride.(He's just bought a new car and is very proud of it, then you say what a load of Jap crap). you will never be forgiven.

:lol:

I don't know that you really can steal a man's pride. I know individuals who served in the South Vietnamese Army only because they were born in the South, suffered the defeat, spent many years in re-education camps where they were constantly berated and criticized, not allowed any civil rights, condemned to grueling poverty for the rest of their lives, and are proud of their history.

I know others who were proud heroes of the American war, given medals and pensions and homes taken from the losers, and even sometimes party memberships, who nevertheless were incompetent in business or became gamblers or alcoholics and lost it all and now are no better off than the losers in the war, but still also are proud of their history.

We have, I think, built-in abilities to deal with setbacks and humiliations, and we all have a certain knowledge of our personal worth. It is the person who lacks this ability from the first, who never had it, who ends up destroying themselves.