Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Thinking of moving houses? Think again!

pitchp

Please give me a new house, pleads mother who believes her home is haunted by the ghost of a man called Nigel.

article-2305636-19264895000005DC-215_634x495.jpg

Paranormal investigator Dave Vickers said he felt a ghost run through his body at Ms McGill's home, and told how he allowed the spirit to communicate with the mother-of-one via a scrawled message on a piece of paper. He described sensing the presence of a man aged in his late 30s whose name was Nigel.

article-2305636-192672C8000005DC-136_634x451.jpg

article-2305636-192672DF000005DC-443_306x413.jpg

How do you save yourself from being another helpless victim to the paranormal??

article-2305636-192648C0000005DC-930_634x451.jpg

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2305636/Please-new-house-pleads-mother-believes-home-haunted-ghost-man-called-Nigel.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I think I would move.

• Like 1

I feel bad that the poor little girl has to go through all that... :no:

Maybe they should stop shining those flashlights under their chins?

• Like 4

So a woman with the same name as one of the girls from the baby sitters club, presents a really blurry picture that we can't make any thing out, Stacey then tells us a story that can be easily explained except the posters. She hired some bloke who does not have any proof but boldy tells Stacey that her house is haunted.

0)The posters, if the posters are moving, she should set up a webcam and have it recording or streaming live. If that was caught that would be an extraordinary find.

1) Sound: She can hear her neighbours through the walls being so thin. Sounds also do carry at night further than day because of little activity. Also some towns have the street construction workers work very early in the morning to try and avoid clogging up traffic during the day.

2) Floor boards: floorboards expand and contract with changes in temperature and humidity.This expanding and contracting produces the creaking noises you hear, especially if you don't put a protective coating on it..

Examples

Z) When it rains or snows, the temperature rapidly changes. This sudden change in ambient air temperature is passed along to the materials of your house, cooling them more quickly causing creaking noises. This also can be reversed when heat is drying the house.

Factors include Humidity, A change in humidity causes wood to expand and contract (like the cupboard door that sticks in humid weather but opens fine when it's dry.) Weight on the structure can be effected by When it rains water or snow collects on the roof and outer surfaces of the house, the weight of this water adds up when you take into account the large surface area equaling a couple hundred pounds easily.This change in weight causes creaking as the materials making up the house transfer the weight down through the house to the foundation. or she has unwanted pests.

3) Lights/Wiring: Those houses been there since world war 2, i wouldn't be surpised that there was no maintence do is is either, very poor wiring or wiring is spliced between her their neighbours outlets. When I lived in NY in an appartment my microwave and tv and lights would flicker when a neighbour is using a vacuum, blender or hair dryer. She needs electrition to look at the wiring.

• Like 1

My god that child looks possessed!

Doesn't she know that if the sets up webcams everything will stop?

• Like 2

I like the third pic, clearly showing one step up from a round orb.

I would like all the orb-haters on UM to try to explain this one away!

Edited by acute

I like the third pic, clearly showing one step up from a round orb.

I would like all the orb-haters on UM to try to explain this one away!

ah i did

• Like 1

what orb???

I imagine you would be more impressed if it was a moving image.

Try waving your laptop around.

:tu:

• Like 1

No, If i had ghosts i would buy a proper laptop or pocked out a camcorder and have that thing maxed it with the hardrive. hell i leave the light on.

Orbs... wait you think that red circle is an orb?

• Like 1

No, she'd set up a webcam, probably catch something and then be told she's a liar and a fraud.

That's how skepticism works.

No sir, she would see nothing and we wouldn't hear anything else about the story...

Where's all this conclusive footage which I'm saying is a lie or a fraud? I've never seen anything conclusive. Point me in the right direction please?

I'm not understanding something here... Why would it be up to her landlord to find her a new residence, and not herself?

• Like 1

At last a ghost with a proper name.......Nigel!!

• Like 2

I'm not understanding something here... Why would it be up to her landlord to find her a new residence, and not herself?

Yep, even if the house was 'defective' for conventional reasons, it's not on the landlord to find her a new place.

Maybe haunted houses are covered in a different section of the residential and tenancies act...

It is a housing association house, which is indirectly supported by the UK state, so I'd assume she wouldn't be in a financial position to let privately. But to be fair, the housing association wouldn't take that as an excuse to move. She would have been better off complaining about anti-social neighbours if that was her motivation. Maybe there is more to this than meets the eye?

Edited by Murk
  • Like 1

She's probably on the public dole. Expects the taxpayers to move her.

At last a ghost with a proper name.......Nigel!!

Ghost with a male presence in his 30's... name is Nigel.... Hmmmmmmm.....

nigelplaner8_396x222.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I couldn't be afraid of a ghost named Nigel. Or Brad. Or Sherman or anything like that. I'd be laughing too hard.

• Like 2