Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bushehr Earthquake - naturally occurring?

and-then

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/09/us-iran-quake-idUSBRE9380HA20130409

I think the difference is detectable so we'll see soon enough. Meantime I feel badly for the dead and injured, regardless how it happened.

• Like 1

They (the world) are lucky a quake hasn't caused a massive release of radiation from that reactor. Give it time though, since it sits at the intersection of three tectonic plates.

• Like 1

They (the world) are lucky a quake hasn't caused a massive release of radiation from that reactor. Give it time though, since it sits at the intersection of three tectonic plates.

True, but Iran is just like Japan in that respect, not many choices once a decision has been made to build a nuke plant - it's all seismically active I think. But for the purposes of hiding a test maybe that is helpful?

The Differenec is that Japan builds for earthquakes. If there was anything close to earthquake building experts it would be Japan. Iran on the other hand is barely two steps up from the stone age when it comes to construction.

Was guessing the same, a undergound nuclear test . :( I mean who would know .

It reads like a plot line from a Joel Rosenberg novel. I wonder if there is something about the seismic signature that can prove it wasn't natural?

Yeah, we've been able to tell the difference between underground nuclear explosions and natural earthquakes for quite some time. During the Cold War, it was the only type of nuclear bomb testing permitted, so both sides got plenty of experience with it.

• Like 3

Many ppl died and we don't know how many ... :(

My condolences for your loss, Persia. It's very good to see you back. Hope you can visit more!
  • Like 1

It is a tectonically active region. Id say more that its a bad place to build a nuclear reactor then any kind of testing. The lessons of Fukushima come to mind.

My condolences for your loss, Persia. It's very good to see you back. Hope you can visit more!

I am sad ... i don't feel good since two years ... I just hate to get bad news all the time.

Is nice to see you and the other ppl, I hope healthy life and good feeling for all of you guys.

• Like 3

I am sad ... i don't feel good since two years ... I just hate to get bad news all the time.

Is nice to see you and the other ppl, I hope healthy life and good feeling for all of you guys.

When I came to UM you were the first to greet me. It left a wonderful impression and as you can see, I stayed :) It helped me a lot because I was going through some rough times just then. I hope things get much better for you soon.
  • Like 2

*sends hugs*

It's so good to hear from you Persia, I understand sadness more this year than many others also and I pray for good news for all of us. I also send prayers of health and joy to you.

• Like 2