Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alternative energy?

JC2

Hi, just going to jump straight in. So the free energy that is being fronted everything from solar through to thermal is yet to yield any real performance in regards to a relative global resolve.

My thoughts then took me in a different direction. The most abundant source of energy on the planet has to be what? In essence it has to be the very source that enables all the rest to be able to create what we call life. In truth it is the very form that creates the sphere in which we live, it is pressure!

It creates every possible scenario from allowing the air we breath to the hardest gem stones.

With this in mind I then thought of how we can tap that source? Atmosphere is relatively redundant so the next place I looked was water. The pressure at depth became the obvious source so with that I applied a little imagination and finally realised the potential is just there waiting to be tapped.

Deep water offers a source but then when trying to formulate a working solution I found it to be so problematic as it is a hostile environment to try to generate electricity, we all know about water and electricity.

Then I got it, that eureka moment, I think so this is where you could help?

It is based on simple fluid dynamics!

Okay take a perspex tube, lets make it a 100 meters in length, submerse it a hundred meters under water so that you have a relative weight of water sitting above. Then let say we introduce a pocket of air in the bottom 3 meters of the tube. Obviously the water will now flow down to fill that space.

Let say we continue to maintain that pocket of air we now produce a flow of direction. Within this space we then introduce a turbine, of sorts, to harness that flow! You hopefully can see where I am going with this? Hydro electricity.

But we still have the problem of working this in such a hostile environment so what is the solution?

Simple, when a diver is returning from the deep to the surface the one thing he has to do is regulate his ascent in order to avoid the bends. Now if he doesn't he then has to placed in a pressurised vessel to simulate the same conditions and through time he is relieved of the nitrogen from within his blood.

What I propose is that we can do the same thing here with creating the same deep water conditions here on the surface through designing a pressurised vessel in which we can then create the same design of a flow system.

There are to my mind a few options in which this design could take but I hope you can see where I am coming from with this design?

Obvious components being the vessel, a compressor, a generator, a reservoir plus a few other components but in truth does this not seem feasible?

Cheers for your time, oh and by the way I have looked for this through our old friend google and yes there is a deep water model but it does suffer from what I have suggested as a hostile environment. Only other application is something from the ancient world I think is of east European origin, I think?

Again thanks for reading, look forward to hearing your thoughts?

Andy...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JC2

• Rlyeh

• Mr Right Wing

• Frank Merton

Popular Days

Perpetual moton. You gotta maintain the vacuum pressure ("maintain that pocket of air").

• Like 1

Okay take a perspex tube, lets make it a 100 meters in length, submerse it a hundred meters under water so that you have a relative weight of water sitting above. Then let say we introduce a pocket of air in the bottom 3 meters of the tube. Obviously the water will now flow down to fill that space.

But it isn't empty space. Where does the air go?
Let say we continue to maintain that pocket of air we now produce a flow of direction.
How are you going to do this?

Perpetual moton. You gotta maintain the vacuum pressure ("maintain that pocket of air").

That is what the compressor is for, initially it will take an external energy to get it going but once up and running it can be maintained via a compressor, I think...!?!

But it isn't empty space. Where does the air go?[/font]

The air will dissipate within the water as you wouldn't need to run at too high a pressure, I thinks....?

How are you going to do this?

As stated above using a compressor...

What makes you think you're going to get more energy than you put in?

What makes you think you're going to get more energy than you put in?

The initial energy is in the form of pressure, the output is in the form of generator/electricity, no need for any other source except for the initial startup, hydro dynamics...???

The initial energy is in the form of pressure, the output is in the form of generator/electricity, no need for any other source except for the initial startup, hydro dynamics...???

Your compressor needs energy, are you going to be generating more power than that is required to displace pressurized water with air?

To me this sounds like rolling a ball down a slope then pushing it back up, the energy requirement is more than what is being collected.

Your compressor needs energy, are you going to be generating more power than that is required to displace pressurized water with air?

To me this sounds like rolling a ball down a slope then pushing it back up, the energy requirement is more than what is being collected.

Okay, deep water is just reliant upon the weight of the water, the pressure within, should I stick to this source of pressure, and over come the problems of this environment???

Yes and gravity is involved too.

If he wants a 100% efficient machine that can be achieved using superconductors or superfluids. The only known way to achieve above 100% is by using exotic negative energy and we can only produce that in very small amounts. As such you wont be powering your home off it anytime soon.