Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sci Fi Channel

mnbutterfly

I tend to get disappointed in a lot of the shows in Sci-Fi anymore.

• Like 1

I tend to get disappointed in a lot of the shows in Sci-Fi anymore.

But you have to admit, their movies are awesome.

Dino-Sharka-Mega-Gatorsaurus. ( or something like that )

The wife hates them. But I love them.

• Like 1

There are very few shows on SyFy that interest me anymore. The "ghost hunting" shows are stale and at times seem like SyFy's answer to "reality" shows on other channels. I AM looking forward to Defiance though.

• Like 1

Only really looking forward to return of Destination Truth, and Hollywood Treasures.

• Like 2

FK the "SYFY" channel. It is without a doubt,IMO, the very worst of all the cable crap out there and at almost 1.5:1 commercial rate(for every 1 1/2 minutes of show you get 1 min of advertising) it is just not worth watching. And their movies, how many ways can you have a group of people (with usually at least 2 hot chicks who end up in wet muscle T's by the end), in a secluded location, fighting some stupid monster/maniac or creature. It is all around a absolutly pathetic waste of time. I'd rather watch the worst movie ever made (Plan 9 from outer space for example) than spend an hour viewing the "SYFY" Channel. At least the lousy movie doesn't have any commercials. Even the dumped down spelling of their name is stupid, at least Sci-Fi stood for something.

As far as Defiance, consider they are just selling a video game so the whole show is actually one big 36 min. advertisement full of 24 mins. of advertising. You want to be entertained, Read a Book, they don't have commercials either.

• Like 1

My husband is the only one who likes to really watch those ghost shows on the Sci Fi channel. All they do is make me yawn. Glad to know other people feel the way I do about them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the poster 2 posts above as I despise tha channel and haven't really watched in a longgg time.Cant take commercials either.

• Like 1

I have to say that paranormal television has hit rock bottom with Deep South Parnormal.

I get that they were trying to do the Duck Dynasty of ghost shows, but it's so horrible that, well, I can't even put words to it.

I have to say that paranormal television has hit rock bottom with Deep South Parnormal.

I get that they were trying to do the Duck Dynasty of ghost shows, but it's so horrible that, well, I can't even put words to it.

I've never even heard of that show yet but I'll take your advice and trust your criticism on it. :tu:

FK the "SYFY" channel. It is without a doubt,IMO, the very worst of all the cable crap out there and at almost 1.5:1 commercial rate(for every 1 1/2 minutes of show you get 1 min of advertising) it is just not worth watching. And their movies, how many ways can you have a group of people (with usually at least 2 hot chicks who end up in wet muscle T's by the end), in a secluded location, fighting some stupid monster/maniac or creature. It is all around a absolutly pathetic waste of time. I'd rather watch the worst movie ever made (Plan 9 from outer space for example) than spend an hour viewing the "SYFY" Channel. At least the lousy movie doesn't have any commercials. Even the dumped down spelling of their name is stupid, at least Sci-Fi stood for something.

As far as Defiance, consider they are just selling a video game so the whole show is actually one big 36 min. advertisement full of 24 mins. of advertising. You want to be entertained, Read a Book, they don't have commercials either.

That's why I DVR anything I want to watch, and then view it at my leisure, skipping the commercials.

I've watched two episodes of Defiance so far. Not great, but infinitely better than any number of 'reality' shows that plague the rest of the channels.

• Like 2

I've watched the first two episodes of Deep South Paranormal, and it's so bad that it's good! There certainly are some characters on the show, too. In episode 2, the crazy old guy was pulling on the rope to ring the church bell: he pulled the rope with one hand and rang the bell three times. Then he let go of the rope and the bell rang one more time "on its own." Later on he was rehashing the story and they showed how the bell couldn't have rung on its own considering the rope was very, very hard to pull, even with two hands. Yet, earlier in the show, they showed ol' gramps pulling it with one hand! Fake, but still fun to watch!

I've watched the first two episodes of Deep South Paranormal, and it's so bad that it's good! There certainly are some characters on the show, too. In episode 2, the crazy old guy was pulling on the rope to ring the church bell: he pulled the rope with one hand and rang the bell three times. Then he let go of the rope and the bell rang one more time "on its own." Later on he was rehashing the story and they showed how the bell couldn't have rung on its own considering the rope was very, very hard to pull, even with two hands. Yet, earlier in the show, they showed ol' gramps pulling it with one hand! Fake, but still fun to watch!

I just can't do it. They lost me in the first episode where they spent 10 minutes chasing a chicken to get a feather for the dude's mojo stick or whatever it was.

We all know that "reality" TV is scripted, but they're not even trying to hide it anymore with shows like DSP and Ghost Mine.

Syfy mostly sucks. Their movies are horrendous and the number of quality shows has been dwindling and everything is being replaced with crap reality shows. The only reality shows I like on that channel are Face off and Destination Truth (and that's only because of Josh Gates) but I don't even know if they're keeping Destination Truth.

Warehouse 13 and Being Human are okay. I like Lost Girl and Continuum, but those are actually Canadian shows and were not originally produced by the SyFy network.

Defiance is boring me so far.

I agree. I think they aren't even trying too hard to hide the fact that most of this stuff is faked. It's all about entertainment value and, in my opinion, they deliver. They do not deliver reality, though!

I gave up on the SYFY channel when they decided that wrestling and fighting should be a regular attraction. granted it is mostly fictional but it is not what I want to see.

• Like 1