Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Teen commits suicide...

Bavarian Raven

http://gawker.com/5994168

A sad, sad story. :/ Don't know what else to say... :cry:

Hopefully the parents can find some sort of justice or at least peace.

Edited by Bavarian Raven
  • Like 2

Tragedy,waste of a young life.As parents how do you even begin to get over this ?

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 5

As parents how do you even begin to get over this ?

id have a few ways, but I am pretty sure most of them would be against the law :no::gun:

• Like 9

Typical, the system failed her. Poor girl, that's horrible. Such a waste of life. I wouldn't be surprised if the guys who did it end up getting what they deserve.

• Like 5

Huh... very sad indeed.

• Like 1

I doubt what they deserve is what theyll get. Is a tragedy for this young girl and her family. So sad. :td:

• Like 3

This is just beyond sad...And why didn't the police do anything?! :angry:

The pics were all over Facebook and the internet!

I hope somebody, a big black guy, rapes (you know where... :unsure2: ) those four boys who did this to that poor girl and somebody films it and posts it all over the internet and Facebook...

Seriously, though, I wish, in cases like this, those boys could be tried for murder. I mean, if they hadn't raped her and then posted all that c**** on the internet, then she wouldn't have killed herself. Just sad... :cry:

• Like 6

I thought what happened to her was horrible. What these guys did to her was unexcusable and shouldn't be. I think they should be tried for murder, she is dead because of them.

• Like 5

I read about this case on another news site and what really got me is that the police didn't think there was enough evidence to bring rape charges against these guys.

• Like 2

I hope somebody, a big black guy, rapes (you know where... :unsure2: ) those four boys who did this to that poor girl

Am I the only one that thinks this remark is a bit racist?

I understand that under circumstances anger will make us say things we don't mean but why does it have to be a big black guy that rapes these 4 criminals?

• Like 4

Its a prison term meaning I hope you get a cell with Bubba. Same thing two ways of saying of it. These kids deserve to be prosecuted. There actions caused a death and there actions prior were criminal beyond average.

• Like 1

I understand that under circumstances anger will make us say things we don't mean but why does it have to be a big black guy that rapes these 4 criminals?

I apologize, but I didn't mean it as a "racist" thing. I just meant I want them to get prosecuted for this, and put in a jail cell with Bubba... :no: Ever seen that movie, "Let's Go To Prison"? LOL

Its a prison term meaning I hope you get a cell with Bubba. Same thing two ways of saying of it. These kids deserve to be prosecuted. There actions caused a death and there actions prior were criminal beyond average.

Sorry, I didn't phrase that right...My oops...

But I think that these kids ought to be prosecuted for the girls rape, and on murder charges...I just wonder if the law there in Nova Scotia would be able to permit that, though...

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 5

Horribly, horribly sad.

Stories like this make me so angry. But, if there is any silver lining, maybe parents can use it as an example of the dangers of underage drinking.

• Like 2

I've never been a huge fan of the Canadian justice system. It seems to go out of its way to protect the criminals while the real victims get thrown to the curb.

That said, as a parent, I'd like to think I would be much more proactive in a situation like this. Rather than moving a few miles away, how about moving across the country or at least to another Province? How about making sure the bullies couldn't get to her - it's hard to bully someone on social media if they aren't on social media. It's also hard to send texts when someone doesn't have a phone that can accept texts. How about changing your name? Anything to keep my kid safe.

And there might even be some ongoing nastiness for the guys that committed the act as well, but no one would ever know about that.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 2

I apologize, but I didn't mean it as a "racist" thing. I just meant I want them to get prosecuted for this, and put in a jail cell with Bubba... :no: Ever seen that movie, "Let's Go To Prison"? LOL

Bubba works much better. ;) (unless your name happens to be Bubba...LOL)

• Like 1

What kind of sociopath has sex with a passed out girl? What kind of animal thinks it's funny to then post pictures of the event? The boys involved in this are very very lucky this girl wasn't one of my relatives. Very lucky.

• Like 7

I've never been a huge fan of the Canadian justice system. It seems to go out of its way to protect the criminals while the real victims get thrown to the curb.

That said, as a parent, I'd like to think I would be much more proactive in a situation like this. Rather than moving a few miles away, how about moving across the country or at least to another Province? How about making sure the bullies couldn't get to her - it's hard to bully someone on social media if they aren't on social media. It's also hard to send texts when someone doesn't have a phone that can accept texts. How about changing your name? Anything to keep my kid safe.

And there might even be some ongoing nastiness for the guys that committed the act as well, but no one would ever know about that.

All the above and particularly the last. Fear and anxiety can be a hell all it's own...'nuff said.
  • Like 1

What kind of society hates and bullies HER for this?

Oh, yeah, Earth's.

Forgive me, but I find it worse than the rape. That is who these boys are, animals (sorry animals, it's an expression).

But then Joe/Jane public "rerapes" her again and again! Why is this behavior sooooo common?

Why should she and others like her be the ones forced to escape their residence or their life?

If I'd have found my kids harassing someone at school like her, being a part of the crowd mentality, it wouldn't be ignored, that's for sure!

• Like 5

Horribly, horribly sad.

Stories like this make me so angry. But, if there is any silver lining, maybe parents can use it as an example of the dangers of underage drinking.

And yet no one has commented about that poor choice that she made. Don't dogpile on me; I'm not saying it's entirely her fault. It's also the fault of whoever provided alcohol to underage people. It's the fault of whoever threw a party that probably encouraged those poor choices. And whoever invited those boys probably knew a bit of their character beforehand.

• Like 3

And yet no one has commented about that poor choice that she made. Don't dogpile on me; I'm not saying it's entirely her fault. It's also the fault of whoever provided alcohol to underage people. It's the fault of whoever threw a party that probably encouraged those poor choices. And whoever invited those boys probably knew a bit of their character beforehand.

I myself made that same mistake as a teen. Drink too much pass out. But what happened to this girl goes beyond her own choice. If they would have drawn genitals on her face or shaved her eyebrows, then yes, she asked for it in a way. But if I would have passed out at a party as a teen I wouldn't have worried about being sodomized.
  • Like 5

It is still her fault for drinking to the point of passing out. I am not denying that her suicide isn't a tragedy, of that what those guys done was wrong, or that society is messed up for how she was treated, but I do feel there may be more to the last one then what the article is saying. But she still played a large part of doing this to herself, getting drunk is one thing but to then continue to drink to the point where you pass out. Her drinking to the that point does not excuses what was done but a decent part of the blame rest on her. She ultimately made a bad choice, arguably multiple bad choices, and had to face the consequences of her bad choice(s) and decided to commit suicide instead of continuing to face the consequences.

It is still her fault for drinking to the point of passing out. I am not denying that her suicide isn't a tragedy, of that what those guys done was wrong, or that society is messed up for how she was treated, but I do feel there may be more to the last one then what the article is saying. But she still played a large part of doing this to herself, getting drunk is one thing but to then continue to drink to the point where you pass out. Her drinking to the that point does not excuses what was done but a decent part of the blame rest on her. She ultimately made a bad choice, arguably multiple bad choices, and had to face the consequences of her bad choice(s) and decided to commit suicide instead of continuing to face the consequences.

The consequences of drinking too much are throwing up, passing out, and getting a hangover. Not rape. That part can safely be laid flatly on the doorstep of her rapists. Edited by OverSword
  • Like 7

Everyone is at fault for this equally, the girl for drinking far to much, the boys for raping her, the person who got them the alcohol, arguably varies segments of society that drove her to suicide, there are no innocent victims in this case at all.

Are you saying that all her bad decisions that led up to this, going to a party where she knew there would be alcohol, not just getting drunk or wasted but drinking to the point of where she passed out, and not having enough foresight to even have the idea to come with a friend or a group to watch out for her after her drinking, are absolved just because she was drunk, that she has absolutely no fault in any of this even though all of her bad decisions that led up to this where made while she was sober.

This story really upsets me... :cry:

I hope to God I never have a daughter. If she ever got raped, (I'm a rape victim myself) and they posted PICTURES of it, they would be DEAD. :gun:

This type of behavior is UNACCEPTABLE! What about that story about that girl that got raped by those two football players and they took pictures of what was going on! What is WRONG with these kids?? It's not all of America's youth though. I want to point this out. My husband is friends with guys who are in their late teens-early twenties, (mostly family members of his friends, they have VERY large friendly, families ) anyways, they get drunk a lot, and have parties, but they would never think of doing this to a girl who was passed out drunk. A few bad apples, rot the bunch, I guess...

• Like 2

Everyone is at fault for this equally, the girl for drinking far to much, the boys for raping her, the person who got them the alcohol, arguably varies segments of society that drove her to suicide, there are no innocent victims in this case at all.

Are you saying that all her bad decisions that led up to this, going to a party where she knew there would be alcohol, not just getting drunk or wasted but drinking to the point of where she passed out, and not having enough foresight to even have the idea to come with a friend or a group to watch out for her after her drinking, are absolved just because she was drunk, that she has absolutely no fault in any of this even though all of her bad decisions that led up to this where made while she was sober.

Teens and some adults do not know their alcohol limits. Vodka is a sneaky drink and especially if mixed doesn't taste all that alcoholic then before you know it boom you're too far gone. Then there's peer pressure to drink. I get SO sick and tired of this same line of thinking that a passed out person is to blame for their rape. The rapist are! If the victim is passed out they can't say yes, no or anything because they're passed out.

What cowards these boys are.. how low and small they truly are to take advantage of someone who is defenseless. Then to brag and post picture like their act of rape is somehow worthy of respect and admiration. There there are the bullies that aggravated her pain, what model specimens these sub par wannabes are that are too cowardly to act as their icons of filth, yet they attempt to gain credit by little cuts and jibs. Sometimes there just aren't words that are strong enough to express how flipping angry this cowardly pack mentality of raping an incapacitated victim makes me or how blaming the victim for poor choices is just as despicable as bullying her after the fact!

Somehow, some way I hope her parents can get through their grief. I truly hate to see a life lost this way. My heart goes out to them.

Mabon.

• Like 5