Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Teen commits suicide...

Bavarian Raven

It may happen more than we think, but still not too often. Men tend to welcome a woman forcing herself on him.

I encourage it. :yes:

Although I understand you are being facetious, I want to point out that rape is not about sex. Rape is an act of violence. It is about power and control regardless if its committed against a woman or a man.

She may not have been beaten but the fact that they violated her without consent is like saying she is nothing but a toy for them to use whenever. Especially since they used mental torture on get afterward.

Totally different from a woman being the sexual aggressor.

Edited by Lava_Lady
  • Like 1

I think it took a lot of Guts for this guy to come forward.At the end of the day rape is rape,and consent is everything wether you are female or male.

• Like 1

Although I understand you are being facetious, I want to point out that rape is not about sex. Rape is an act of violence. It is about power and control regardless if its committed against a woman or a man.

She may not have been beaten but the fact that they violated her without consent is like saying she is nothing but a toy for them to use whenever. Especially since they used mental torture on get afterward.

Totally different from a woman being the sexual aggressor.

I agree and the rape of this girl should be taken seriousely.

I was making light of the woman raping a man point. It is serious (I don't think to the level of man on woman). Most men don't feel they could ever be raped (except maybe by a big fat ugly woman). Most men would like their encounters to include a more aggresive female.

DarkHunter, instead of trying to intelectualize it or imagine things happened that you invent outside of the available information like when you brought up that "maybe she consented then passed out then woke up not remembering" why don't you pay attention to the opinions of the many people (as a matter of fact every person on here but you) that is only going by what they know about the story. What we know is a girl went to a party got drunk and passed out. Then we know that 4 boys took advantage of her comatose state and took turns raping her, and yes it was rape. If you can't consent it's rape. Then we know that this girl due to the truama received from that experience and additional truama from bullying hung herself until she was dead. If you really can't see that an innocent person is now dead because of being victimized by a bunch of sociopath criminals then you must be somewhat of a sociopath yourself since one of the symptoms of sociopathy is being unable to feel empathy towards others. This crime has happened to a couple of girls I knew when I was younger. They were not at fault.

We, at least I, don't know the girl was drunk enough to pass out. I don't know whether she was raped or gave her consent. I know she said she passed out and was raped. I remember some members of the Duke Lacrosse team being accused of rape, being vilified on message boards and in the media, then finding out the girl wasn't raped. I have no reason to think she was lying, but I have no reason to believe her either.

The Falcons just signed a linebacker, Brian Banks, that was found guilty of rape and served 5 years in prison and 5 more on probation. The victim recanted her story, after ruining the last 10 years of his life. Just because a person says they were raped doesn't mean they were raped.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Edited by Bama13
  • Like 1

We, at least I, don't know the girl was drunk enough to pass out. I don't know whether she was raped or gave her consent. I know she said she passed out and was raped. I remember some members of the Duke Lacrosse team being accused of rape, being vilified on message boards and in the media, then finding out the girl wasn't raped. I have no reason to think she was lying, but I have no reason to believe her either.

The Falcons just signed a linebacker, Brian Banks, that was found guilty of rape and served 5 years in prison and 5 more on probation. The victim recanted her story, after ruining the last 10 years of his life. Just because a person says they were raped doesn't mean they were raped.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Good points all. But I'm not going to invent hypotheticals about all of the different scenarios in which a victim may be blamed for her own rape.

Good points all. But I'm not going to invent hypotheticals about all of the different scenarios in which a victim may be blamed for her own rape.

Instead you accept her scenario at face value (unless you know more about this case than what was said in the one article linked) in which the boys are guilty. What if the boys come forward with another scenario? Will you accept it at face value as well?

Instead you accept her scenario at face value (unless you know more about this case than what was said in the one article linked) in which the boys are guilty. What if the boys come forward with another scenario? Will you accept it at face value as well?

There is also the pictures that they posted on facebook which paint the boys in even more of an unfavorable light.

• Like 4

Oh I would just LOVE to hear thier version of it.
  • Like 2

I would too. I just slipped..............
  • Like 1

So you wouldn't accept their side at face value but do accept hers. OK. Hope you (and others here that seemly believe guilty until proven innocent) never, ever serve jury duty.

She passed out from being drunk, that goes far beyond being a little too drunk. A lot of my friends drink, and a few drink heavily, getting to the point where you pass out completely is not easy to reach.

Do you rape them?

No I don't, and I don't see how the question is relevant to the topic at all.

I thought it was pretty clear the context of the post was a response to people trying to argue her being drunk absolved her of everything and I was pointing out that it is a lengthy process and it is impossible to tell from the article what stage of being drunk she was at when the incident occurred.

They are all equally guilty in that she is guilty for starting this chain of events by deciding to drink to the point of passing out, the boys are guilty for the rape, the person who bought the alcohol is guilty by providing the means by which this occurred, and the varies segments of society are guilty for allowing this rape to go on and depending on your stance, harassing her to suicide. If anyone of the previous mentioned people or groups would have done just one thing differently then the whole situation could of been avoided.

So she is equally guilty of her own rape?

Let me get this straight, the person who provided the alcohol is also guilty of rape? What about the shop that sold it, are they guilty of rape? The bottling factory too?

If you're trying to make a logical argument, you've failed.

• Like 2

So she is equally guilty of her own rape?

Let me get this straight, the person who provided the alcohol is also guilty of rape? What about the shop that sold it, are they guilty of rape? The bottling factory too?

If you're trying to make a logical argument, you've failed.

She is guilty of willfully putting herself into the situation and for getting drunk underage, assuming this is a case of rape to begin with. The person who provided the alcohol is not guilty of the alleged rape but guilty for providing alcohol to minors that caused this incident to occur, while not guilty for the rape is equally guilty with all parties involved by playing an equal part in the incident that occurred. The shop may or may not be guilty depending on if they sold the alcohol to minors or not, as for the bottling factory I have not seen them doing anything illegal in this case at all.

This is all assuming that this is a rape case to begin with, since we are only hearing one side of the story from an extremely unreliable witness.

She is guilty of willfully putting herself into the situation and for getting drunk underage, assuming this is a case of rape to begin with.

Right, because when someone drinks, they drink to get raped.
The person who provided the alcohol is not guilty of the alleged rape but guilty for providing alcohol to minors that caused this incident to occur, while not guilty for the rape is equally guilty with all parties involved by playing an equal part in the incident that occurred.
You can continue to say they're all equally guilty as much as you like, but until you can show drinking is a crime like rape, you've only got a sick and empty statement.
This is all assuming that this is a rape case to begin with, since we are only hearing one side of the story from an extremely unreliable witness.

Which you're saying if this is rape, then she is guilty.

By the logic you've demonstrated, if someone jaywalking is killed in a hit and run, they are guilty of manslaughter.

• Like 2

Right, because when someone drinks, they drink to get raped.

You can continue to say they're all equally guilty as much as you like, but until you can show drinking is a crime like rape, you've only got a sick and empty statement.

Which you're saying if this is rape, then she is guilty.

By the logic you've demonstrated, if someone jaywalking is killed in a hit and run, they are guilty of manslaughter.

I think he is trying to say that she put herself in a bad situation. If you go to Harlem and start shouting that all blacks should be killed and someone beats the crap out of you then you are not guilty of assault, but you bear some of the responsibility because you put yourself in a bad situation.

I think he is trying to say that she put herself in a bad situation. If you go to Harlem and start shouting that all blacks should be killed and someone beats the crap out of you then you are not guilty of assault, but you bear some of the responsibility because you put yourself in a bad situation.

I know what he is trying to do however he went further and condemn her equally, even excused the rapists because they might've been drunk too.

My objection to your example, you are verbally attacking a group of people bordering on death threats. To me that isn't even on the same page as getting drunk while minding your own business.

• Like 3

Can you like someone's post twice?

I know what he is trying to do however he went further and condemn her equally, even excused the rapists because they might've been drunk too.

My objection to your example, you are verbally attacking a group of people bordering on death threats. To me that isn't even on the same page as getting drunk while minding your own business.

X2!!!

• Like 1

Choose any example you want. In each case the person put themselves in a bad situation and something bad happened.

How do you know she was minding her own business? Where were her friends? Why didn't someone at the party try to stop it? Lots of unanswered questions in the article. Yet ya'll want to assume the boys are guilty. I believe in innocent until proven guilty. Sadly many here seemly do not.

No-one disagrees that she put herself in a bad position, but that is not relevant. If I go downtown at night, I put myself at risk. If I'm mugged, it is still a crime that the mugger must pay for.

• Like 1

Choose any example you want. In each case the person put themselves in a bad situation and something bad happened.

Face it, your example was a pretty poor attempt to connect with assaulting an unconscious girl.
How do you know she was minding her own business? Where were her friends? Why didn't someone at the party try to stop it? Lots of unanswered questions in the article. Yet ya'll want to assume the boys are guilty. I believe in innocent until proven guilty. Sadly many here seemly do not.

Who did she attack that she needed to be assaulted and pictures taken? Oh, you did read the article didn't you? Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 2

No-one disagrees that she put herself in a bad position, but that is not relevant. If I go downtown at night, I put myself at risk. If I'm mugged, it is still a crime that the mugger must pay for.

If they raped the girl they deserve to be punished.

I was trying to explain what another poster was saying. None of the guilt for the rape would fall on her, but she bear's some responsibility for putting herself in a bad situation.

So many posters here speak of personal responsibility, but very few really believe it or undersatnd it.

Worst example yet. I didn't get an answer to this from DarkHunter so I'll as you.

For arguments sake lets say that you are driving like a jerk (totaly sober) and hit a large heavy object like a tree. Due to the accident (accident caused by your iresponsible behaviour) you are knocked unconcious. A truck full of good ole boys straight out of deliverance happens upon the accident, pulls your unconcious body from the wreck and sodomize you, all the while high fiving and taking pictures to post on thier face book page.

Do you bear any and I mean ANY responsibility for the rape? I mean you're only incapacitated because of your own irresponsible actions so what will it be? Your fault equally or not?

• Like 1

Face it, your example was a pretty poor attempt to connect with assaulting an unconscious girl.

Who did she attack that she needed to be assaulted and pictures taken? Oh, you did read the article didn't you?

If you put yourself in a bad situation and something bad happens you bear some responsibility. My example pointed that out quite clearly. Sorry if it went over your head.

Haven't seen any pictures. Have you? Can you provide a link?

Worst example yet. I didn't get an answer to this from DarkHunter so I'll as you.

For arguments sake lets say that you are driving like a jerk (totaly sober) and hit a large heavy object like a tree. Due to the accident (accident caused by your iresponsible behaviour) you are knocked unconcious. A truck full of good ole boys straight out of deliverance happens upon the accident, pulls your unconcious body from the wreck and sodomize you, all the while high fiving and taking pictures to post on thier face book page.

Do you bear any and I mean ANY responsibility for the rape? I mean you're only incapacitated because of your own irresponsible actions so what will it be? Your fault equally or not?

Yes I would bear some responsibility for putting myself in a bad situation. I never said equal responsibility, but some would fall on me. I believe in accepting responibility for my actions. It is called "personnel responsibility". Ya'll should give it a try. I find it very rewarding.

I'm done here. Ya'll have fun jumping to conclusions. Good luck with avoiding all responsibility for any of your questionable actions in the future.