Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who is this ?

SHaYap

anunnaki_stargate.jpg

This relief in the British Museum shows the Sumerian God Ninurta (also known by other names)

link

or is this him ?

Ashurnasirpal_II_stela_british_museam.jpg

Ashurnasirpal II

I'm trying to get more information on the 'cross' pendant adorning the chest.

I'm getting conflicting information from the 'star gate' new age sites and its taking too long to sieve the locales of where both the Stela s are now today.

any info appreciated ... thanks

The word 'superimposed' comes to mind.

They are from the same region, perhaps just depicted the same? It's been a while since I've seen these.

First one looks like guy from ZZ Top, wearing a Scotland t shirt and a huge watch on his wrist, sorry best I can do.

• Like 2

If we are dealing with this area of location, i might say corruption of religious thesis to perhaps original!

Harte and Kmt Sesh are good and hot on original pure Egyptian Religion, however religion is a strange animal and evolves....perhaps we need to look at Zoroastrianism, some of which filtered down to Quran, links below:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrianism

http://www.islamawakened.com/quran/53/49/default.htm

Some may say we are going around in a circle again and Goat's Head Soup!

http://www.stonesarchive.com/photos/memorabilia-archive-gallery/8-3/

Link to debate, would be "TISHTRYA!"

Obviousy connected to Sirius and Isis!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tishtrya

I have no problem with Harte and Kmt sesh over original Egyptian Religion, but religion is a funny thing and evolves, and everyone wants it special to their ideas and location, take note!

Religion isn't a basis for truth in analysis!!!

Appears to be Assyrian, not Egyptian.

I'd say that they are who the OP has said they are.

The second pic would then be Ashurnasirpal II. Posed as if he were Ninurta.

His father, Tukulti-Ninurta II, has Ninurta as part of his name. Maybe the family associated themselves with Ninurta and thus they were portrayed in the same pose as Ninurta.

Harte

• Like 2

Hi Harte,

Your reply is noted and valued, but i do think there is an origin to Goat's Head Soup in Religion and perhaps origin although corrupted, only thesis as yet that many may not agree with, things today change in alarming speed in science, we can only hope for better understanding in the next decade!

Appears to be Assyrian, not Egyptian.

I'd say that they are who the OP has said they are.

The second pic would then be Ashurnasirpal II. Posed as if he were Ninurta.

His father, Tukulti-Ninurta II, has Ninurta as part of his name. Maybe the family associated themselves with Ninurta and thus they were portrayed in the same pose as Ninurta.

Harte

Thanks Mr HArte ... I got most of your recommends by tracking down the 'lineage' attributed to Ashurnasirpal II

Its quite a pain in the neck to get proper links to Sumerian/Babylonian/Assyrian research sites, the 'new age' ancient aliens/gods kinda been around a long time and the web hits just can't get to filter them out proper.

Curious to me that the symbols between the pointing finger and the head on both is identical as far as I could tell.

Can't find any sites that has a translation on what it means.

The one that is attributed to Ashurnasirpal II is filled with cuneiform texts, I am wanting to find if there were any translation done on it.

Thanks for the point to :tu:

~edit : grammatical tragedy

Edited by third_eye

Question....Where did ancient interpretation come from involving the Dog Star Sirius?

One thing i can prove is on 1st January it culminates in the centre of the sky, but religion is full of faults not able to be shown as evidence of science, only interpretation of a creator by religion, obviously something different but helpful in analysis...the soup isn't the right soup for scientists!

Why does the Dog Star culminate in the cente of the sky on Ist January at midnight, if you know what you are doing regarding astronomy, only religious question, no basis in science! Religious leaders have been known to do this by intention, oops, very funny with our Gregorian Calendar isn't it?

• Like 1

9th cent BC alabaster stela from Nimrud of Ashurnasirpal II. Cuneiform inscription of king's titles and achievements. British Museum, ANE 118805. Images by L. M. Clancy.

Found this, the closest to anything I found so far ...

Assyrian king Ashurnasirpal II (Ashur is Guardian of the Sun) (883 - 859 BC) brought in the Neo-Assyrian Era. link

The Standard Inscription of Ashurnasirpal is the wording carved across the center of every Northwest Palace wall-panel. Certain narrow panels omit part of the inscription, but otherwise it is repeated over and over without significant variation around the entire room. The Standard Inscription of Ashurnasirpal is a catalog of royal titles, claims and achievements of Ashurnasirpal II. The translation below is displayed on a plaque alongside Ashurnasirpal's reliefs at the British Museum.

i think its the same ...

nimrud-ashurnasirpal-ii-brit-6199-2009-1000.jpg

Thanks Mr HArte ... I got most of your recommends by tracking down the 'lineage' attributed to Ashurnasirpal II

Its quite a pain in the neck to get proper links to Sumerian/Babylonian/Assyrian research sites, the 'new age' ancient aliens/gods kinda been around a long time and the web hits just can't get to filter them out proper.

Curious to me that the symbols between the pointing finger and the head on both is identical as far as I could tell.

Can't find any sites that has a translation on what it means.

The one that is attributed to Ashurnasirpal II is filled with cuneiform texts, I am wanting to find if there were any translation done on it.

~edit : grammatical tragedy

The symbols in front of both kings are in fact the symbols of their principal gods. It would stand to reason they are the same or nearly so.

The first pic is the Stela of Shamshi-Adad V (823-811 B.C.). This is the link to the British museum article and the picture of it they have.

thanks ... How did you link Shamshi-Adad V to Ashurnasirpal II ?

The gods could be worshipped in symbolic form and here represent (from top to bottom) the gods Ashur, Shamash, Sin, Adad and Ishtar (compare with an earlier stela of Ashurnasirpal II (883-859 BC)). The king wears a large Maltese cross on his chest as an alternative symbol of Shamash, god of the sun and justice.

from the British Museum site

That's the first time I've heard of Shamash ...

Maltese cross ?

ps332320_l.jpg

I think this one is slightly different ... the cross on the chest and the 'garments'

can't zoom any so the symbols on the top left isn't clear to me ... looks slightly different too

The symbols in front of both kings are in fact the symbols of their principal gods. It would stand to reason they are the same or nearly so.

Did get any sites that elaborated on the symbols in detail ?

I've been at this for weeks and I can't seem to get anywhere ....

Thanks for the finds ... :tu:

~edit : double post by pass

Edited by third_eye

Hi Third Eye,

I only explain about two celestial Objects in the sky, for Sirius to be in the middle of the sky on 1st January at midnight if you understand astronomy is at odds with science, i put forward that this is Sirius worship and intentional by Gregorian Calendar, put in place in 1582 in Rome please debate corruption in ancient philosphy regarding so called God Stars!

Hi Third Eye,

I only explain about two celestial Objects in the sky, for Sirius to be in the middle of the sky on 1st January at midnight if you understand astronomy is at odds with science, i put forward that this is Sirius worship and intentional by Gregorian Calendar, put in place in 1582 in Rome please debate corruption in ancient philosphy regarding so called God Stars!

sorry .... I have no idea and I'm kinda in a middle of something now ... maybe next time eh ? ol'boy?

First one looks like guy from ZZ Top, wearing a Scotland t shirt and a huge watch on his wrist, sorry best I can do.

ZZ Top - yes .... wrist watch - not so .... but then again I've seen it described as a 'time machine' :lol:

They are from the same region, perhaps just depicted the same? It's been a while since I've seen these.

did you keep any links by any chance ? :yes:

thanks ... How did you link Shamshi-Adad V to Ashurnasirpal II ?

from the British Museum site

That's the first time I've heard of Shamash ...

Maltese cross ?

ps332320_l.jpg

I think this one is slightly different ... the cross on the chest and the 'garments'

can't zoom any so the symbols on the top left isn't clear to me ... looks slightly different too

Did get any sites that elaborated on the symbols in detail ?

I've been at this for weeks and I can't seem to get anywhere ....

Thanks for the finds ... :tu:

~edit : double post by pass

I remembered seeing the stela when I visited the British museum last time I was there (well a reproduction in any case) and that's why I recognized it for what it was. The two images you use in your initial post depict two different Assyrian kings, but both were erected in temples and use the typical Assyrian gesture of respect and supplication towards the gods. That is why they are so very similar (nearly identical really) yet slightly different.

As to the assyrian iconography, sorry mate, what I know I know from books, I'm unaware of any websites about that particular subject. If anybody else has some, feel free...

• Like 2

Silly Third Eye,

I have given many links, i go through human history, i respect Harte we are respectful of each other, we may cross swords, but don't go into one, just because Harte made a comment, you are a gang mover on the back of who you think is valued to make a point!

I value Harte, i think he values me, i value what he has to say, but sorry Third Eye, you never give thesis to anything! That is proven!

I remembered seeing the stela when I visited the British museum last time I was there (well a reproduction in any case) and that's why I recognized it for what it was. The two images you use in your initial post depict two different Assyrian kings, but both were erected in temples and use the typical Assyrian gesture of respect and supplication towards the gods. That is why they are so very similar (nearly identical really) yet slightly different.

As to the assyrian iconography, sorry mate, what I know I know from books, I'm unaware of any websites about that particular subject. If anybody else has some, feel free...

Good enough mate ... I got more today than I got anywhere for the past few days ... thanks a bunch

I got plenty to read up on and the names and dates ain't helping none ... seems the epoch isn't a money spinner like Ancient Egypt I guess

Silly Third Eye,

I have given many links, i go through human history, i respect Harte we are respectful of each other, we may cross swords, but don't go into one, just because Harte made a comment, you are a gang mover on the back of who you think is valued to make a point!

I value Harte, i think he values me, i value what he has to say, but sorry Third Eye, you never give thesis to anything! That is proven!

Sure thing amigo ... whatever you say and tally ho !

~edit : this is getting to be a habit :(

Edited by third_eye

Hi Third Eye,

By your own words, link below thread section #67

You make statements that you are ignorant of presenting thesis, this is a debate forum, Thesis is all important, don't expect Harte to come to your rescue ha ha!

http://www.unexplain...ic=245179&st=60

It takes a long time for you to have Street Cred after that! Yes i do value HARTE we may be different ends of what we know the value of debate, thats Politics, idiot!

I like Harte, there is no substance to YOU in thesis! I might be wrong, Harte may be wrong, we may cross swords but we both know the value in thesis! Where's YOURS!

Edited by monk 56

Hi Third Eye,

By your own words, link below thread section #67

You make statements that you are ignorant of presenting thesis, this is a debate forum, Thesis is all important, don't expect Harte to come to your rescue ha ha!

http://www.unexplain...ic=245179&st=60

It takes a long time for you to have Street Cred after that! Yes i do value HARTE we may be different ends of what we know the value of debate, thats Politics, idiot!

I like Harte, there is no substance to YOU in thesis! I might be wrong, Harte may be wrong, we may cross swords but we both know the value in thesis! Where's YOURS!

Frankly speaking monk 56 ... I have not the slightest idea ...

nope ... still not the slightest idea ... none at all

Hi Third Eye,

Note i respect Harte and Kmt sesh, i don't expect them to agree with me regarding ancient religions, we debate thats natural, but we both have thesis, you need instruction on thesis and how to bring forward in debate! YOU HAVE NO THESIS AS YET!

Hi Third Eye,

Note i respect Harte and Kmt sesh, i don't expect them to agree with me regarding ancient religions, we debate thats natural, but we both have thesis, you need instruction on thesis and how to bring forward in debate! YOU HAVE NO THESIS AS YET!

yes I know ... still not the slightest idea ... none at all

Speaking of those, I believe the "star" looking one is the Sun. I'm not expert enough to ID the others.

Re Assyrian - the king was the king of Assyria. The similarity of the two figures is the cue that the first one is an Assyrian work.

In these figures, you can't see the legs. If you can see the legs, and the figure has huge, muscular calves, the figure is usually Assyrian.

Now you can glance at a figure and casually say "it appears to be Assyrian to me" (if those giant calves are there.) Makes you look like an expert. But say nothing if the calves are skinny! LOL

Harte

• Like 3

Speaking of those, I believe the "star" looking one is the Sun. I'm not expert enough to ID the others.

Re Assyrian - the king was the king of Assyria. The similarity of the two figures is the cue that the first one is an Assyrian work.

In these figures, you can't see the legs. If you can see the legs, and the figure has huge, muscular calves, the figure is usually Assyrian.

Now you can glance at a figure and casually say "it appears to be Assyrian to me" (if those giant calves are there.) Makes you look like an expert. But say nothing if the calves are skinny! LOL

Harte

haven't found a more detailed verification but so far what I got is they are symbols for Ashur, Shamash, Sin, Adad and Ishtar ...

Ashur the sun/star is quite a sophisticated rendering in geometry but I can't make out what the other symbols are and I am curious and wondering if one of the symbols might be a pine cone:

pineconevatican.jpg

this one is at the Vatican City :

Vatican Museum: giant pine cone

http://www.cambridge...PC1617681e.html

Muscular calves eh ? I remember those .... the ones with the 'fish' garb .... SOunds like foot fetishes started way back in cuneiform :lol:

thanks for the tip Mr Harte ... much appreciated

~edit : after thought

Edited by third_eye