Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who is this ?

SHaYap

thanks ... How did you link Shamshi-Adad V to Ashurnasirpal II ?

What about the rolex watch?

from the British Museum site

That's the first time I've heard of Shamash ...

Maltese cross ?

ps332320_l.jpg

I think this one is slightly different ... the cross on the chest and the 'garments'

can't zoom any so the symbols on the top left isn't clear to me ... looks slightly different too

Did get any sites that elaborated on the symbols in detail ?

I've been at this for weeks and I can't seem to get anywhere ....

Thanks for the finds ... :tu:

~edit : double post by pass

What about the rolex watch?

I don't know if it is anything but jewelry, but I saw a couple pics of them earlier when I was looking up info on the Assyrian cross pendant. Appears some of these wrist pendants have been dug up.

Just read on a couple of Fringy type sites that the leafy design on the braclet might be a representation of the Tree of Life.

• Like 1

I have no idea! At least in ancient Egyptian artwork and statues they have noticeable differentiations between them, opposed to all these men, who appear to be doppelgangers of one and other.

Apologies for my pointless input...

Edited by Nefer-Ankhe

Hi Third Eye,

My process is peeling away religious doctrines from politics, both should be be separate but are not, my language can be difficult!!!

Edward Carpenter is crucial to when Britain ruled, but only in philosophy, my language is often different to English, but take your pick in Legal Jargon, perhaps this is in heart of why people sometimes think i'm not English ha ha!

Edward Carpenter was very involved in strange philosophical societies when Britain ruled the world, i would say in philosophy he was involved in genesis of UK Labour Party, please debate but not knocking:-

Obviously many may say this is wrong....doesn't matter, it is how the world goes with strange philosophy!!!!

http://www.edwardcar....net/ecpcc3.htm

http://www.edwardcar...net//ecpcc2.htm

Obviously Edward Carpenter was a top philosopher in origins of UK Labour Party, when Britain ruled, not now but interesting, regarding political debate, he is wrong in many things, so what, this is what political philosophy debate is all about, and how history is made! Search links will find him in Fabian Society!

Edited by monk 56

Obviously being passionate, i'm battling for something, that is unclear yet, it may be clear soon regarding private messages but i will be neutral...i promise moderators!

http://en.wikipedia....dward_Carpenter

I'm awaiting Moderator politics, but will give analysis soon, it will always be in the middle, both i and moderators need to know this and trust, in the end the cross of swords will not be on this thread, another is coming that is far more interesting in political debate...i hope!

Edited by monk 56

Hi Kmt_ Sesh,

It is easy getting me off this thread

Comply and apply. being a messer i never said it would be easy, nor did i, in legal jargon, perhaps legal experts apply, so do i, if you want to swim there, so be it, i don't, it is very funny that that English don't understand me....in many cases this is translation of English, NOT ALWAYS THE CASE.....lots to debate yet Ha Ha!

WHO LIKES LEGAL JARGON? I MIGHT APPLY, so does Legal Eagles.....It is Goat's Head Soup where they get Rich? Hardly an approach to Philosophy?

Politics and Philosophy can be joined, however it is silly, as a concept is is interesting, be aware i have noted your interest in computer games, Kmt Sesh!

Hell i'm not asking for much, just a change for my thread to your forum...i will explain and debate as thread progresses, at least i will be gone from this thread....i await progress!

:o

rolex watch ?

:o:unsure2::o

I am now reading Sun Lore of All Ages, by William Tyler Olcott, [1914], at sacred-texts.com

and about Cave men and cave paintings in Graham Hancock's "Supernatural"

Oh, goodness, I hesitate even to ask. But I've been digging deep into the research of Upper Paleolithic European cave art in recent weeks due to a wonderful new exhibit on Lascaux our museum has opened, so I have to go ahead and do it. What does our fringie friend Mr. Hancock have to say about this? At the risk of acquiring a headache, I simply must know. :w00t:

• Like 1

assyrian-cu-hand.jpg

Please, people, can we exercise a modicum of critical thinking here? Rolexes in ancient Assyria? Really?

Everyone knows Assyrian monarchs wore only the Patek Philippe.

Oh, goodness, I hesitate even to ask. But I've been digging deep into the research of Upper Paleolithic European cave art in recent weeks due to a wonderful new exhibit on Lascaux our museum has opened, so I have to go ahead and do it. What does our fringie friend Mr. Hancock have to say about this? At the risk of acquiring a headache, I simply must know. :w00t:

Mr Hancock visited the caves, he does have a good eye for details.

Just curious boss ... whats the dates attributed to the paintings since 2007 ?

Mr Hancock visited the caves, he does have a good eye for details.

Just curious boss ... whats the dates attributed to the paintings since 2007 ?

More recent C14 dating (probably around the year you mentioned but I can't recall off the top of my head) has placed the caves at around 20,000 years ago, which is older than previously thought. This puts Lascaux at the transition between the Solutrean and Magdalenian periods.

It's unlikely Hancock visited the actual caves, nearly all of which are closed to the public. Only scientists are allowed in them, and only for brief periods. However, they still give tours of one of the actual caves (Font-de-Gaume, possibly?) but I wouldn't be surprised if that's soon closed, too. For the most part people see recreations of the caves, although from what I understand the tourists can't even tell the difference.

Edited by kmt_sesh
Clarification
  • Like 1

More recent C14 dating (probably around the year you mentioned but I can't recall off the top of my head) has placed the caves at around 20,000 years ago, which is older than previously thought. This puts Lascaux at the transition between the Solutrean and Magdalenian periods.

Yeah, that seems about the range I got, 20k to 30k

I admire how the caves (don't remember which one) could be kept relevant for close to 18,000 years

That's some strong beliefs and the passages into those caves are no walk in the park either.

They do like and work well in total darkness don't they ?

:lol:

~note : I can't think straight, still hungover, needs sleep

cheers boss

• Like 2

Just an amateur, non-informed opinion...they look like the same guy. One perhaps in armor (top one)with his beard slightly separated and the other in a robe with scrolls (?) in his belt/robe. The symbols in the upper left hand corner are the same...bracelet = same, staff = same...

Same guy, two different manifestations perhaps...one at war and one not?

I have no clue...just what caught my eye

Now I'll read the thread and see how far off I was...

Just an amateur, non-informed opinion...they look like the same guy. One perhaps in armor (top one)with his beard slightly separated and the other in a robe with scrolls (?) in his belt/robe. The symbols in the upper left hand corner are the same...bracelet = same, staff = same...

Same guy, two different manifestations perhaps...one at war and one not?

I have no clue...just what caught my eye

Now I'll read the thread and see how far off I was...

So how far off were you? I'm cheating I actually know the answer lol.

~snip

It's unlikely Hancock visited the actual caves, nearly all of which are closed to the public. Only scientists are allowed in them, and only for brief periods. However, they still give tours of one of the actual caves (Font-de-Gaume, possibly?) but I wouldn't be surprised if that's soon closed, too. For the most part people see recreations of the caves, although from what I understand the tourists can't even tell the difference.

Not defending Mr Hancock but he was granted time to research the caves with supervision, in those early days nobody actually cared much about this paintings on cave walls.... the wifey came back with pictures too.

He's a top rate travel book author after all, regardless of his fringie leanings, I rather play to his strengths ... :tu:

• Like 1

anunnaki_stargate.jpg

This relief in the British Museum shows the Sumerian God Ninurta (also known by other names)

link

or is this him ?

Ashurnasirpal_II_stela_british_museam.jpg

Ashurnasirpal II

I'm trying to get more information on the 'cross' pendant adorning the chest.

I'm getting conflicting information from the 'star gate' new age sites and its taking too long to sieve the locales of where both the Stela s are now today.

any info appreciated ... thanks

Weren't they just talking about this on ancient aliens the other day?

It is pretty certainly from the Euphrates and Tigris region. I could tell you more if I could see the cuneiform on the background on one of the images.

As far as the cross, the wheel cross (as seen here), was a symbol of the sun in Assyrian culture.

• Like 1

So how far off were you? I'm cheating I actually know the answer lol.

Way off. I assumed they were Gods, not Kings. I don't know very much about the culture, it's history or mythology.

I have a curiosity about some of the very-very old sites, but do not spend a lot of time on them...

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 1

Weren't they just talking about this on ancient aliens the other day?

Sorry, I don't watch, its not in the package of cable subscription I have, can't afford more like, frankly

It is pretty certainly from the Euphrates and Tigris region. I could tell you more if I could see the cuneiform on the background on one of the images.

As far as the cross, the wheel cross (as seen here), was a symbol of the sun in Assyrian culture.

there's a 'translation' here at this link

I don't know how accurate though ... but I can say I'm not impressed

the puzzle to me :

nimrud-northwest-palace-brit-6617-2009-195.jpg

same king but no 'cross'

meaning the Shamash wasn't always God ?

Sorry, I don't watch, its not in the package of cable subscription I have, can't afford more like, frankly

there's a 'translation' here at this link

I don't know how accurate though ... but I can say I'm not impressed

the puzzle to me :

nimrud-northwest-palace-brit-6617-2009-195.jpg

same king but no 'cross'

meaning the Shamash wasn't always God ?

Depending on the festival celebrated the king took different attributes of different gods. In the primal Assyrian culture it went so far that he actually "made a child" to mother earth on a certain festival.... naturally it was not mother Earth but a priestess and he was no god either.... but looks like the people loved the spectacle (we may see it as the culture that invented the "peep-show".

Depending on the festival celebrated the king took different attributes of different gods. In the primal Assyrian culture it went so far that he actually "made a child" to mother earth on a certain festival.... naturally it was not mother Earth but a priestess and he was no god either.... but looks like the people loved the spectacle (we may see it as the culture that invented the "peep-show".

I haven't had a chance to read about the festivals that you mention here, but I think we should not apply our 'definitions' regarding sex to them in those days.

I believe the nomadic tribes of those age still practice the 'fertility' festivals where virgin young boys and girls from various different tribes participated during some annual 'Holy' Festival ... just to keep in breeding problems in check.