Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stephen Hawking Predicts End Of Humanity

seeder

Heres something you dont hear everyday!

"Stephen Hawking admits the biggest blunder of his scientific career - early belief that everything swallowed up by a black hole must be lost forever"

Cosmologist also predicts the end of humanity on Earth and urges continuation of space exploration.

The cosmologist Stephen Hawking has described the biggest blunder of his scientific career – his early belief that everything swallowed up by a black hole must be lost forever.

Professor Hawking said that there is one thing that does in fact escape from black holes – radiation. He has previously said that his discovery of what is now known as Hawking radiation was one of his proudest achievements.

In a lecture at a hospital in Los Angeles that has pioneered research into stem-cell treatments for degenerative diseases – including his own condition of motor neuron disease – Professor Hawking described the blunder that had initially blinded him to one of his greatest insights into the Universe.

Professor Hawking said that humans must explore space if we are to survive the coming millennium. “We must continue to go into space for humanity. We won’t survive another 1,000 years without escaping our fragile planet,” he said.

http://www.independe...er-8568418.html

Edited by seeder

So we escape this dying planet to find/kill another? Neat.

perhaps, if that ever happens, we will be the wise aliens telling whatever life is on any other suitable planet...to take care of the environment, to love each other....to not make war....to seek only peace...

the same kinda stuff alleged aliens tell humans..

• Like 4

I think its a given one day this planet won't be liveable due to us or natural disaster. So I think space travel is a must if humans are to survive.

• Like 2

I think its a given one day this planet won't be liveable due to us or natural disaster. So I think space travel is a must if humans are to survive.

But do you think we will be wiser 'guardians' of a new world, or eventually turn to human greed and exploit it - again? And exploit each other?

Perhaps wisdom is the ultimate in evolution? Id like to believe thats so...

Heres something you dont hear everyday!

"Stephen Hawking admits the biggest blunder of his scientific career - early belief that everything swallowed up by a black hole must be lost forever"

Cosmologist also predicts the end of humanity on Earth and urges continuation of space exploration.

The cosmologist Stephen Hawking has described the biggest blunder of his scientific career – his early belief that everything swallowed up by a black hole must be lost forever.

Professor Hawking said that there is one thing that does in fact escape from black holes – radiation. He has previously said that his discovery of what is now known as Hawking radiation was one of his proudest achievements.

In a lecture at a hospital in Los Angeles that has pioneered research into stem-cell treatments for degenerative diseases – including his own condition of motor neuron disease – Professor Hawking described the blunder that had initially blinded him to one of his greatest insights into the Universe.

Professor Hawking said that humans must explore space if we are to survive the coming millennium. “We must continue to go into space for humanity. We won’t survive another 1,000 years without escaping our fragile planet,” he said.

http://www.independe...er-8568418.html

Ok I did know that his theories aren't always correct. His original thoery of black holes were smashed by a plumber interested in physics.

Now from theories, he is moving into predictions?? When did he start a new career in being a medium???

and I didn't expect this from a man of his stature. Run away from our problems, instead of fixing them? This is his solution? Is this guy finally losing his marbles?

LOL

aah Mr. Hawkings you are so innocent, poor man feeling imbarrassed over a minor blunder of blackhole theory.

S*** happens, humans will continue to make mistakes be it minor or major, it doesn't make less of a person.

I would be suprised if he or anyone in that fact knew 120% about a theory when they first publish it, granted they may know 99.99% but we must leave room for error. :D

Nontheless still one of my favourite people in the world.

Well they did discover a black hole in our solar system, I guess it would depend on how fast this black hole is sucking up the stars around it.

http://www.scienceda...80908074632.htm

Scientist have once thought all black holes behave in the same manner. Consume as much as it can. Now recently scientists have realised not all black holes behave in that way. Such as the one that we have in the Milky Way. The one that we have in the Milky Way is not that hungry at all. So don't expect that black hole in our galaxy would do any sort of damage for a long time. We have a much higher chance of being hit by an asteroid and have human extinction, than being gobbled up, by a black hole.

Ok I did know that his theories aren't always correct. His original thoery of black holes were smashed by a plumber interested in physics.

Now from theories, he is moving into predictions?? When did he start a new career in being a medium???

and I didn't expect this from a man of his stature. Run away from our problems, instead of fixing them? This is his solution? Is this guy finally losing his marbles?

Hawkings thinks the black holes lead to other universes, I don`nt think so that God `s universe out there:):) just reminds me of when people claim they go though a black hole at death.:)

Scientist have once thought all black holes behave in the same manner. Consume as much as it can. Now recently scientists have realised not all black holes behave in that way. Such as the one that we have in the Milky Way. The one that we have in the Milky Way is not that hungry at all. So don't expect that black hole in our galaxy would do any sort of damage for a long time. We have a much higher chance of being hit by an asteroid and have human extinction, than being gobbled up, by a black hole.

They can see how fast the outer stars of the galaxy are moving inward.

Edited by docyabut2

Hawkings thinks the black holes lead to other universes, I don`nt think so that God `s universe out there:) :)just reminds me of when people claim they go though a black hole at death. :)

if you mean the light in the end of the tunnel, that would be more of a wormhole, than a blackhole???

if you mean the light in the end of the tunnel, that would be more of a wormhole, than a blackhole???

Not really. There is a theory of white holes or rather what comes out of the black hole.