Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oldest dinosaur embryo fossils found in China

Saru

Palaeontologists have unearthed the oldest known fossilized dinosaur embryos ever discovered.

Spectroscopic analysis of bone-tissue samples from the Chinese nesting site revealed the oldest organic material ever seen in a terrestrial vertebrate.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starseed hybrid 1111

• Saru

• moonshadow60

• Taun

There have been several articles fairly recently about dino eggs... it got me to wondering... Were the very first 'animals' (meaning not single cell critters that re-produce by mitosis, etc) egg layers or was live birth first?...

basically I guess what I'm asking is, was the ability to give live birth a later evolution than egg laying?...

EDIT: Okay I did a bit of digging and the earliest record of live birth I could find was ~240 million years ago... while the earliest egg-laying I could find was ~500 million years ago... Has anyone found anything earlier of either?...

Edited by Taun

we should try and bring back some dinosaurs back to life that would be pretty awesome lets just make sure that we don't bring back T-rex or meat eaters though.wow that would be scary and dangerous and hazardous as well.but also we would have to make sure and look at this issue and experiment in many ways.for example what is the positive sides and the negative sides and the dangers.how would this affect earth right now and the animals in this time?is this ethical to begin with?would this project be okay with the public and importantly is it ethical ans safe?would it destabilize earthy life at this time and era?but to me something that is important are they truly alive meaning do they have a soul???

Taun; are you asking which came first; the chicken or the egg?

Taun; are you asking which came first; the chicken or the egg?

It was the duck. ;)

@ moonshadow60 the egg came first lol

It was the duck. ;)

Rabbit!

• Like 1