Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chimp-human fossil uncovered

Ashotep

She walked with a knock-kneed gait, with a heel like a chimp but the upright posture of a human, and she may provide the most complete evidence yet of early man’s closest ancestor, scientists said Thursday.

Two-million-year-old Australopithecus sediba’s awkward strut would eventually send a modern man begging for a knee or hip replacement, but scientists are stunned at how evolution equipped her for both climbing trees and walking.

Fossils uncover ‘weird’ chimp-human creature called Australopithecus sediba

• Like 4

But it's relationship to A. afarensis apparently isn't as straight forward as once believed:

This surprising result has significant implications for our present understanding of hominin phylogeny (the evolution of the species), and alludes to the possibility that Au. sediba, and perhaps Au. africanus are not descendant from the Au. afarensis lineage, represented most prominently by the famous "Lucy" skeleton discovered by Donald Johanson in Ethiopia in 1974, as has been widely hypothesized.

"Our research on teeth can't definitively settle if either sediba or africanus is more closely related to humans than the other species," Guatelli-Steinberg said. "But our findings do suggest that both are closely related to each other and are more closely related to humans than afarensis."

http://popular-archaeology.com/issue/march-2013/article/scientists-find-groundbreaking-new-surprises-in-examination-of-early-human-ancestor

cormac

Very interesting. If what Abramelin says is true, that this is old news, I'm glad I heard it now, because I had no clue about this whatsoever

It's news to me, too. Thanks for sharing this with us.

• Like 2

are you people or scientists still trying to prove that humans came from monkeys?really people I personally don't buy it there has never been evidence that we came from monkey's or etc.yeah we might look similar in some areas but no we did not come from monkeys.you wonna swing with the monkeys by all means go for it but I am no freaking monkey or animal though.if we really did come from monkeys or chimpanzees or whatever then why are we not as strong physically as monkeys,chimpanzees or gorillas?if we did came from them we would be as strong as them no matter whether we live in cities or etc.you know what I am a spiritual being in a physical body I am a spiritual being inhabiting a physical body and finally have a soul.we all are spiritual beings. we were programmed since birth to believe we are something we are not people.

• Like 1

I'm thinking some guy fell in love with a beautiful young Bonobo and they had some wild and passionate monkey sex and Sediba (which is a pretty name by the way) was the result. Wild Monkey Sex!

are you people or scientists still trying to prove that humans came from monkeys?really people I personally don't buy it there has never been evidence that we came from monkey's or etc.yeah we might look similar in some areas but no we did not come from monkeys.you wonna swing with the monkeys by all means go for it but I am no freaking monkey or animal though.if we really did come from monkeys or chimpanzees or whatever then why are we not as strong physically as monkeys,chimpanzees or gorillas?if we did came from them we would be as strong as them no matter whether we live in cities or etc.you know what I am a spiritual being in a physical body I am a spiritual being inhabiting a physical body and finally have a soul.we all are spiritual beings. we were programmed since birth to believe we are something we are not people.

Science says we and APES (= NOT monkeys) share a common ancestor.

And we humans are animals as much as all the other animals.

OK, so you are a spiritual being, but now try to use what we humans are famous for (in our own eyes): brain power.

• Like 1

@ Abramelin you call yourself a animal and etc by all means go for it!!! don't label me or others as being animals or whatever.you call yourself what you wish.i know i did not come from no freakin monkey or chimpanzee or etc.as for science the hell with science science is powerful but limited in so many ways and most importantly is only good in the 3rd dimensional realm

• Like 1

Very cool find.we could have made from half primemate half something eles.

Humans are just another animal that roams the earth

@ Abramelin you call yourself a animal and etc by all means go for it!!! don't label me or others as being animals or whatever.you call yourself what you wish.

So if you're not an animal, what kingdom do you belong to; Plant or Protista ? I know this is the UM forum, but c'mon.

• Like 1

So if you're not an animal, what kingdom do you belong to; Plant or Protista ? I know this is the UM forum, but c'mon.

Unfortunately one doesn't have to pass a test to use the internets.

• Like 2

@ Abramelin you call yourself a animal and etc by all means go for it!!! don't label me or others as being animals or whatever.you call yourself what you wish.i know i did not come from no freakin monkey or chimpanzee or etc.as for science the hell with science science is powerful but limited in so many ways and most importantly is only good in the 3rd dimensional realm

Science may be limited, but your understanding of it sure is.

• Like 1

don't label me or others as being animals

Unless you're not warm blooded and don't have hair/fur and the females of your species don't produce milk/birth live young... you are an animal. So deal with it and grow up! :tu:

Edited by Bavarian Raven
  • Like 1

Unless you're not warm blooded and don't have hair/fur and the females of your species don't produce milk/birth live young... you are an animal. So deal with it and grow up! :tu:

Even that qualifies a person as an animal, although more specifically a mammal.

cormac

• Like 1

Even that qualifies a person as an animal, although more specifically a mammal

true. i couldnt think of the specifics for "animal" so I went with mammal instead. which we as humans are. :)

Dont you think animals could be spiritual too?

• Like 3

Gotta say this, I'll apologize first but we have monkey blood, it's what's called RH+. They have no clue where RH- came from or red hair and blue eyes so there might have been another influence there but it could have also been a mutation of a natural nature.

• 3 weeks later...

The UM community now accepts your right to be a pokemon, have fun trying to see if you can evolve.

Gotta say this, I'll apologize first but we have monkey blood, it's what's called RH+. They have no clue where RH- came from or red hair and blue eyes so there might have been another influence there but it could have also been a mutation of a natural nature.

Calling that monkey blood is like calling your hand a monkey hand. The Rh factor was named after the rhesus macaque because the experiment that lead to it's discovery was done using blood cells from the rhesus macaque. Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 1