Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Am I being haunted by something?

ssnowwyinfinityy

A few years ago I had decided I was an atheist. So being naive, I went to the local library here and I checked out a bunch of books that had to do with astrology, witchcraft, and one copy of the satanic bible. I was curious.

I read the first paragraph of the Satanic bible and then I set it back down because it was confusing just like the Holy Bible, it didn't make much sense to me. So I picked up the witch craft book. I was basically having to make like... my witch name? I had to use my birthday and subtract numbers and what not and match it up to charts to us the witch alphabet and all this other weird crap. It was two in the morning and I was tired, so I tossed the book, a clip board and a notebook, and a pen all on the floor. It was array, and messy. The notepad had come out from the clip board as well.

So I went to bed. I dreamt that there was something on top of me. It was nearly suffocating me and I felt hot hands on my neck and something clawing at my stomach and it felt like it was digging into my stomach. I woke up and my house was completely dark, and in my house there's always some light on, the bathroom, the living room, the kitchen, there's always at least one like on- except for tonight. So I quickly turned my bedroom light on and looked at my stomach and saw scratches... It freaked me out, but I had though maybe it was just a night terror- even though I've never had one before. I sat up and when I did I noticed that the book, clip board, notebook, and pen were all stacked neatly on my bed right next to my pillow by where my face was when I woke up.

I didn't go back to sleep that night and in the morning I took all the books back to the library. I've always felt watched though, and some times I see things in the dark... I feel watched and see things even when I'm not at home. I mainly just see the dark figure and outline of a man. I see yellow or golden eyes, but that's it. I feel like whoever is watching me, is digging into my body with their eyes. I just feel it.

I don't really know what to do, some times I feel like I'm just a really easily scared girl with a big imagination that likes to get the best of me, but on the other hand.. I do believe in ghosts and stuff, but I have no idea what this all could mean or be about, but I want to know.

Someone help?

Edited by Sky Scanner
Removed email addy

I would edit out your email and wouldn't recommend posting it or any other personal information on a public forum.

Odd series of events. I've woken up with weird markings on me before, I usually just chalk it up to something I did in my sleep. The notebook and everything being laid so neatly by your bed is creepy as all hell. Do you ever sleep walk? I've read studies on people that have done simple things in their sleep before without knowing they were doing it.

• Like 2

creepy, its almost as if it put it by your pillow so you would read it sooner.

Hi and welcome to UM.

Your story is certainly a strange one. How long ago did this happen? How often do you see this dark figure and when? Is it always at night?

Completely agree with BlueBomber - take your email off your post. ;)

• Like 1

I've never sleep walked in my life. XD I think my mother would have me put in sleep study classes if I did. Also, that's not a personal email address so I don't mind it being up there. This happened when I was in the seventh grade, and I'm in the eleventh grade now. I honestly feel like I'm being watching every night when I'm trying to go to sleep, or if I go outside at night I feel like something is watching me, and I swear I can feel like where it is, whatever it is. It's like I feel what direction it's coming from. It's day and night. Mainly night though... I made the email like for this reason. I can always delete it if I get too much spam. C:

Good thing you returned the books, but it was a bad idea to do what you did. Im not really sure what was it that you read and it that day, but if this never happened before, you probably released something evil, and I mean REALLY evil. What you should really do is maybe get some priest do maybe do an exorcism or whatever it is they do. Its the only way. Get a bible, do some praying, go to church and talk to someone about it. You wont want anything to get worse.

Good luck, and i hope you get the help you need, and all of this gets over Soon.

• Like 3

The human mind is very suggestible. That's why placebos work.

Welcome to the forum.

Does sound creepy but could you have been sleep walking. If this just happened once I wouldn't be concerned.

I have to agree on taking your email address down. People outside of forum members can see that.

Welcome to Um. :yes: I think that maybe demons came into your life when you decided you were an atheist and began studying astrology, witchcraft and the satanic bible. It sounds like they want you to read more. :no:

• Like 2

what do the yellow eyes look like? are they human shaped and are they glowing or just yellow.

The eyes are like not human eyes but hard to make out. I know for sure that they aren't like human eyes though. I see them and the figure even if my eyes are closed. ;-; I have had my things in my room placed in different areas while I sleep all the time, and I still have that same dream a lot. I can't really see the figure in my sleep when I'm dreaming, but I hear it screaming at me and I wake up with the feeling that I'm not alone, you know? Like my heart sinks to my stomach and it's hard to breathe. I've been told by friends that it could be an incubus. I read the very first paragraph ALONE of the satanic bible, and I read something to do with making my own name, then my witch name in their alphabet, then I had to make like symbol that symbolized me and my witch name. Then I don't remember what was next because I didn't do it I just threw it all down because I was tired. :/ I didn't open any of the books or anything either when I woke up. I just put them in a bag and took them to the library.

Let me make two things clear:

I do not care about the email. I made it for this site. If things get out of hand, I can delete it, I don't even have to check the email at all. It's just an EMAIL ADDRESS. I do not care about it.

I also have never in my life sleep walked. I've never had any issues with sleeping. Aside from all of this stuff. No sleep walking, no insomnia, nothing.

Do you see it physically or just in your minds eye? And if you do physically see it, have you ever tried to photograph it? Leave a webcam running in the room?

I have never tried to photography but I see it physically and in my minds eye.

Mainly physically though.

I have never tried to photography but I see it physically and in my minds eye.

Mainly physically though.

Try to capture it on video or camera. If you see it as often as you say, you should be able to get some good ones.

Immortality? What are we going to be doing for all of eternity? It's a little off topic. But, it's a question I've often asked myself.

• Like 1

So let's try the opposite end of the spectrum. Maybe you are being watched over, by your guides, helpers, or guardian angels. I've scratched myself while sleeping, and from other people's accounts done or said things of which I was totally unaware, and had no recollection of, but I chalk that up to my subconscious mind. It sounds like the stuff you read & did caused your mind to focus on the wrong things, so try reading some uplifting stuff. Energy goes where attention flows, so re-focus your attention and let your subconscious work in your favor instead of against it.

• Like 1

Possibly an Incubus?

Here's your explanation. Just a bad dream by the sounds of it, I had plenty myself; including being "trapped" in what I thought was Hell during certain dreams. But that's all it was I think, a dream. It's quite easy to scratch yourself when you sleep. Your eyes can play tricks on you, especially seeing in the dark, so I'd suggest two things: first please make an appointment with your optician. Two: if you still feel uneasy, find your nearest spiritualist church and pop there for some advice. They will give you some basic advice to protect yourself from any nasties or I'll do my best to advise you (in your thread or PM), after you get your eyes checked :)

I'd also echo taking out your email address, it's the Internet - you dunno who might stumble across it and try to take advantage of you.

I agree and you should get your sleep habits checked.

(On a side note Halfpipe, I checked your credentials and you said boobies, lol. I remember when I lived in England there was a song that was popular that said "At least in Heaven I can skate.." etc and my son who was 10 at the time used to love it. I still have the video on VHS somewhere. Yeah, VHS. lol - sorry for going OT)

• Like 1